Victa Easy Walker with InStart VAMD486

Victa Easy Walker with InStart VAMD486

MPN: VAMD486

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Catcher > Lifetime warranty

Purchased in December 2016 at Bunnings for A$750.00.

Safety
Fuel Efficiency

SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Instart =Impossible Start

After about 14 or 15 months the easy start became hard start, and eventually can't start. With no manual start, choke, or fuel tickler, just can't start it any more.

Mickdc

MickdcAlice Springs, NT

Woeful Battery Life, Victa Easywalker Mower

Bought this mower 18 months ago. Used it 4 times. Went to use it recently and the battery was flat. Recharged the battery but the charger reports the battery will not charge. Looked for a replacement battery but there are very few suppliers and those that say they have them are actually on back order with no delivery date possible. Keep away from this lawn mower as eventually it will disappoint you.

Purchased in July 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$799.00.

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Victa Easy Walker with InStart VAMD486 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Rod halse

Rod halsePerth, WA

A good reliable lawnmower

Love my victa easy walker, aprox 3 years old, starts first go everytime, doing first blade replacement today. I keep my battery and charger in cool place and never have a problem starting it

Purchased in February 2016 for A$750.00.

Safety

Very Unreliable Mower

We bought the Victa easy walker 2 years ago cost us $850 loved it for the first season but then once winter came we didn’t need to mow as often. Once we started to need it again it failed to start after only 7months, the battery wouldn’t charge so we went and had it replaced and again after the next winter same thing happened so now we have a lawn mower that is useless to us cause won’t go with out battery worst lawn mower ever wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Joe

Joe

Victa

i bought the Victa b Easy Start From Bunnings less than a year ago.
My advice is stay away from the rubbish.
The starter rope because its so long went under the mower while i was mowing not UNDER Warrentee.
The worst mower i have ever had /Worst starter I'm just about to throw it in the BIN.
You think your buying a mower like your last one that lasted for years with all the abuse you give it
well forget this mower Expensive to Buy and cheap rubbish.
I am going to try a Honda, I've heard good things about them at least i will get 5-10 years out of it not one.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Norman SteffenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life - Disappointed

I will never buy a Battery start mower again. I will trade this " Thing "called Victa easy walker against a Rover. If I get a trade in?
New Battery is around $ 120.- Mower was $ 700.- and used 20 times for 1/2 hour around. Victa is not the same any more .I have done the first Review on this Mower I think ? By the way I started it with a 12 Volt Motor bike Battery on the end. It shows you on the Battery the Positive a the negative. Two wires and it started. You only need the + and -
forget the middle contact on the mower.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Very disappointed!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
H S R

H S R

So easy to push

So easy to oush and use. My last few Victa Mowers were great but this is even better. It glides across the grass which l don't get time to mow regularly so grass is usually quite long when l do go to mow it. I would recommend Victa for a brand and would buy another if and when l ever need too. Ive had 2 already over the last 28 years.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Unreal, unbeatable value.

It's solid piece of kit. It has the power and all bells and whistles, starts first hit. I was going to buy the Honda, but after doing my research i am soooo happy i made this choice. It's been designed in Australia, American made briggs&Stratton engine and assembled in Australia. Victa you out done yourself, well done.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Lazy Dad

Lazy DadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good so far

Purchased today and can say the first use has been excellent. Nice wide cutting deck and the self-propelled aspect makes using it a breeze, particularly when the catcher is full. Pushbutton start is an absolute dream and as long as it keeps working the same way, I’m happy to recommend. The price will put some people off, but if you have a lot of lawn with slope, you will wonder why you didn’t buy one earlier...

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Monozzy

MonozzyPerth, WA

Works great.

Motor great i have not problems stating it, it cuts grass with easy. Blades are very sharp... i motor twice a week and have no problems starting it.you can motor and the petrol last for ages running and running forever. I lovs my beautiful mower its worth buying love .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
NikC

NikCSydney, NSW

Push the button and you're off

Date PurchasedApr 2017
rob from Darwin

rob from DarwinDarwin

mulches well, easy walk is the right pace, easy to assemble out of box, easy to start, no issues. I have a few patches of very long grass and a higher height option would be good (but this is an issue with nearly all walk behind lawnmowers), but the mower is fine for lawn and minor brush cutting. You have to supply your own 4 stroke oil and ULP initially.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Happyasked

I was told by a Victor representative at Bunnings you will honour problems with this beast even after warranty, I have always had problems getting this poor wretch started. Buying new plugs after every second cut, air filter two. I am on the second battery and it showed empty this morning twice after a couple of minutes.

I thought I was buying a fantastic American built expensive self propelled motor mower, I was deceived.

Any response? 0426256818

Norman Steffen

I would not buy the easy walker again. Over many years we had Victa's and no issues. But I must say that I had the catcher replaced under Warranty, after 4 years, Battery after2 years free of charge. It was a bit of a " Fight " because I bought it at bunnings and NOT the Dealer. Battery gone again....see my other review. Start it up now with a 12 volt
Battery...

Simon

I can't even FIND a second battery to replace the one that died.
I will not but an easywalker again.
I will not buy a Victor again.
I will NOT buy a mower from Bunnings ever again.

kevin wright

kevin wrightasked

how to work the self drive for the easy walker victa mower

Norman Steffen

It is belt driven by just putting tension on the belt with the lever under the "handle ".
I just had to change a couple of bearings on the shaft ( Not the wheels ). I never washed the mower out, so no water could have gone to the bearings...quality ? If I would not had changed them after I noticed the noise, the bearing would had damaged the shaft to the drive and if you can't do this repair yourself $$$. Battery stuffed again after 2 -3 years. Made a setup to start with a 12 v ( home alarm battery $ 25.- ) the voltage is a bit higher as the original but...
2016 model

Simon

My battery died too, and Bunnings (surprise surprise) no longer sell either the mower or the battery for it. What I really need to know is how to overrige the automatic choke so the damn thing will start in the first place, and maybe even how to rig a pull start on it.

Happy

three years of frustration, always a problem. As a backyard mechanic this should be as easy as buttering toast.
The problems are with fuel the starter and the battery.

If you are going to buy this mower, just donate the money to charity then pay for someone to cut your lawns. You will be much better off than trying to win this war, you won't.

Maxshepasked

Back wheels seem to lock up when not in self propelled. Any ideas?

Norman Steffen

No sorry, the only other thing was that the drivebelt came off. I just had to remove a cover from underneath 2X bolts and put the belt back on. (Watch the fuel when putting the mower on the side. Maybe take the belt off on pulley (where the blades are ) and try it without the self-propelled. It is maybe still in drive when it shouldn't be. Cable jammed .
Norman ( who starts his Victa now with a 12 v 4ah battery.

Thanks Norman

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives