Victa Mustang MMX488 (4 Stroke, 160CC)

Victa Mustang MMX488 (4 Stroke, 160CC)

Razor replaced by Mustang

My old (16 years) Victa Razor with a 4 stroke Honda still starts first pull and has never missed a beat. Just change oil, spark plug and air filter once a year. If only was self propelled I would get another one. Catcher has never fallen off. Plug in hose fitting to wash underneath is very good.

Date PurchasedJan 2002

Very Reliable Mower

This mower has been excellent so far. It never fails to start, usually first go and does a great job getting through the grass. You can go from a ridiculously high cut all the way down to tiny and it always does the job - even with very high grass. I appreciate the 4 stroke - no more stinky oil smells and it never blocks up the catcher chute. Its good and works well

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good machine

This push mower has done a lot of work for me already. About 120 mows so far. I use it for commercial mowing. Only issue I've had is the handle bar clips open up while mowing, otherwise it's a great machine, starts first go every time. I highly recommend this model for home use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works well. Does what it is supposed to do

Its reliable, easy to use and starts every time. It is easy to move around the yard. Adjusting the height is really simple to do. I have a bad back and this doesn't take much effort to push it around. Easy to fill the petrol and oil even for non-mechanical minded people.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Worst mower I have ever owned

I have a large lawn that takes about 3 hours to mow and decided under advice from the local mower supplier that the Victa Mustang 4 stroke with the Honda motor was a great mower.
I have and still have starter problems - took 30 attempts today to start from cold. It has been the worst mower I have ever owned over the past 25 years. The shop is apparently going to replace the starter part which they say will fix it.
If this does not fix it then I will be taking my complaint to Victa and Honda and will ensure that it will appear all over social media to warn other buyers not to waste their money.