Victa Mustang

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Product is used:
    • Daily (1)
    • Weekly (1)
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Very happy with this mower

Bought this mower just over 12 months ago from a Victa dealer. The mower was full of oil and fuelled ready to go - it was test run by the dealer to ensure there were no problems. It always starts first time and I have never had any problems with the catcher falling off. If the grass is wet when mowing with the mulch attachment clippings tend to be left behind in rows. Because of this I use the catcher on wet grass and mulch when dry.
At this stage I see no reason why I wouldn't recommend this Victa to anyone in the market for a new mower.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Peter B

Peter BSydney

How to Adjust the Choke on Honda Mustang

My MCA485 was hard to start from day 1.
I removed the air filter - I then placed the hand throttle setting in the start position. Guess what - the choke flap was not fully closed!! (Look in the air intake - the choke disc should be FULLY closed). Cause was the black outer tube of the throttle cable had slipped under the clamp / saddle.
I slackened the throttle cable retaining saddle, slid the throttle cable until the choke flap was fully closed, then tightened the saddle screw. Refitted air filter. Now starts first time every time. (Later I put a blob of contact cement under the throttle cable saddle to prevent slippage - been perfect for 3+ years now!).

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Carvaan

CarvaanPerth WA

What a shame. Always been a reliable machine. Not anymore. Dont waste ur money

Absolutely Rubbish.
I gave up my Honda for it as of a small chute problem but this is even worst, takes probably 25-35 Pulls and it's not even 1.5 yrs old, brand new condition.
Called someone named [name removed], Top Guy in victa and he said take it to the nearest service shop to get it checked, and they recon i have tilted it the wrong way, the oil gone everywhere, whereas the problem is with the acceleration mechanism.
Anyway they don't wanna know me anymore after filling their pockets with $780 which I gave them 1.5 yrs ago with 2 years manufacture warranty.
DONT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS BRAND. You will regret it till it dies.
VICTA has gone down Big Time.
It's a cheap one now.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Matt g

Matt gSouth East Queensland, QLD

Victa - another reliable brand that has gone to the dumps ?

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Frank Discussion

Frank DiscussionBrisbane

Poor lawn clipping catching an on-going issue

This promised to be a great mower. Large 190cc Briggs & Stratton engine, no priming, large wheels etc. all of the mod cons. Starts easily every time, good to push, quiet operation but the bloody thing leaves clippings all over the lawn. On a damp morning you have Yowie feet after 5 minutes watering the garden.

Changed the blades before 12 months without improvement.

Very disappointed as this is a great mower in every other department.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

STARTING PROBLEMS

Bought this mower in January 2014. Was great initially, but now a pain in the backside to get it running from a cold start. Once warm it starts easily. Good solid mower with plenty of power, and very economical to run. I wanted the Honda motor for its reputation of being reliable, but it has been a fizzer. I should be able to make a claim against Victa, just in case I need physio on my shoulder, after trying 20 times to start it.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Sam74

Sam74AU

Great mower

I bought this mower from bunnings mainly because of the Honda engine and Cast Alloy chassis. Previously owned a VICTA 2-stroke for 20 years without any major issues. I must say this VICTA Mustang is a lovely lawn mower. Started 1st go, catcher did not fall off (and my yard slopes with lots of bumps) and I found it easy to use. It also has a hose port on the chassis where you attach your hose to clean the underside of the mower. Being 19inch I actually found I mowed my lawn quicker than before. I now look forward to mowing my lawn.
I would definitely recommend this mower.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

John D

John DIngleburn

Catcher dropping off

Recently bought the mustang from Village Mowers Ingleburn. Very happy with the sales and first service.
But after a few months the catcher is dropping off the mower as you cut the lawn.
The mower is back at Village Mowers where Victa says some modifications are required.
Village have already this year had a customer back with the same problem, it's a pity Victa cannot design a mower where everyone's catcher stays on.

Deano

Deano

Great mower, Easy to start but catcher won't stay on!

I have had my Victa mustang for 2 months now. It's easy to start, easy to clean after use and cuts my lawn well. I have had trouble getting the catcher to stay on. I go a few meters and it works its way loose spilling the contents. As I read I can see this is a problem with this model. Hopefully a fix is in the works by victa.

LJW

LJWsydney

Worst mower I have ever owned

I have a large lawn that takes about 3 hours to mow and decided under advice from the local mower supplier that the Victa Mustang 4 stroke with the Honda motor was a great mower.
I have and still have starter problems - took 30 attempts today to start from cold. It has been the worst mower I have ever owned over the past 25 years. The shop is apparently going to replace the starter part which they say will fix it.
If this does not fix it then I will be taking my complaint to Victa and Honda and will ensure that it will appear all over social media to warn other buyers not to waste their money.

geoffrey300

Chef28anzacSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's not a great mower.

Theos62

Theos62AU

Almost an excellent mower. Great cut and pickup up, but problems with catcher.

very good mower

I have had this mower for two years my borther had his victa classic for two years he has hard a lot of promblems with it. My one is steel starting with one pull and running great he paid $399 i paid $650 it is worth the monny $399 in my opinion is two much for a badly built victa.

Complete Rubbish, Avoid

So I obtained this Victa Mustang VEX60 2-Stroke mower as a replacement through and insurance claim. I have had nothing but trouble with it from new. I have owned this unit for around 8 months now. I find it difficult to start, it will rev high and low randomly and then cut out with fresh fuel, perfect mix and easy to cut grass. The chassis was damaged on arrival and was fixed under warranty, though the mower still suffers from vibration. Now the pull start mechanism has been stripped, so I can no longer start the thing. For this kind of money, forget it, AVOID.

Buyer beware!

author57Sydney, New South Wales

Powerful and reliable machine

Gerry C

Gerry CMelbourne

Mower great - engine not so good

Use this commercially so it does a lot of work.
The Chinese (I think) Honda motor had cold start issues almost from new. After the first start in the morning all was fine. Seems like it wasn't up to the job though (2 years of commercial use)
Have now replaced the motor with an American made Briggs and Stratton.
The rest of the mower is still great.
Remember though, I would do a years worth of domestic mowing in a week.
All in all an excellent product

Victa
Joe c.Victa

Thank you for the Product feed back.

Victa Team