Victa Tornado Edger TE250

Victa Tornado Edger TE250

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

An excellent good quality edger

I have just purchased this edger but haven't used it as yet. (Clearance sale at Bunnings)
During the assembly process I was very impressed with the exceptional quality of the unit and it's components. It is very well made and very sturdy.
I was very impressed with the initial start...first go and it idled very well.
The operation of the blade engagement was easy and precise.
This edger is relacing my poor quality Ozito Petrol Edger which I returned for a full refund while it was still under warranty...see my previous post on my experience with the Ozito Petrol Edger.
I am now looking forward to my test drive of the Victor Tornado TE250 edger.
I will post the results in the future.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $250.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass
Now after using the Victa Tonado Edger a few times, I find it somewhat heavy to operate and manoeuvre. It is quite difficult to see where the blade is positioned in relation to the concrete path edge and therefore causing untidy wide channels to appear. Otherwise, on a positive note, it starts very easy, only one pull, it is also very easy to engage the blade by just puling on the handle. I also like the idea of the 4 stroke engine...no fuel mixing. It is a very impressive looking unit and most definitely very well made.

Hard to get parts or repaired

Stay clear of these edgers with the Chinese engines. Won’t run after sitting for sometime and finding a small engine mechanic who can work on them and get parts for the carby is hard. Disposable units... not sure why Victa even badge them. Stick with a Briggs or Honda engine.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Vista tornado edger

It’s been difficult to start since day one but thought it would getting better as it wore in. Ive had it 2 seasons and it’s completely stuffed wont start there’s a small bar on the carberetta that has completely corroded through even though it has always been covered in a shed. My mower, wiper sniper, blower vac has been going for years without issue but the Victa is rubbish. My garden is small and the edger has only been used less than a dozen times and it stopped. Got a quote to fix it from local mower shop they said not worth fixing. Don’t buy one

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Perfect for home use

I bought this edger second hand and I think it was 2 or 3 years old. It still looked new. It's starts on the second pull without fail. I have had no problems since owning it. It does an excellent job with a minimum of fuss.

A great feature is the blade brake which disconnects the blade when you release the bail. Besides being safer, for a home user with not much skill, it's ideal because you can position the blade before you start it spinning. That avoids damage to your paving. Another great feature is individual wheel height adjustment so you can drop one wheel down and run along a curb. These features are probably not needed by contractors as they have the skill to ride the curb with one wheel in the air.

Update after a few years of use: I still think it’s great for home use. However I have recently noticed a minor sump oil leak which is annoying.

Purchased in January 2016.

Victa edger finishes off your lawn perfectly!

I have a lot of garden edging and trying to do it with a whipper snipper works for a while but does not leave a defined edge which looks so much more neat and tidy. I wanted to purchase one of these edgers for years. A lawn that has just been cut and edged properly is a sight to behold! I researched a few petrol edgers and decided to go for a well known and respected name in lawn garden products in Victa. I was looking for versatility and reliability and use of use. I have owned the Victa TE250 petrol edger for nearly a month now and used it twice on about 200 meters of edging with excellent results. The motor is easy to start and has a engagement bail so that the operator has control of the cutting wheel. The whole machine is solid and easy to use and the motor is powerful enough to cut through and edge in most grass and soils. The edger can operate of course on paths and edges as it was designed to do, and cut right up to a wall or fence. It has a sighting guide to assist with edging. There is a comprehensive manual on using and maintaining the edger included with the machine. I am happy with my purchase. Initially I was annoyed that no engine oil in a container was provided in the box but understand that fire risks do not permit the transportation of oil with the machine.
Solid, reliable and easy to use. Comprehensive manual. Easy to maintain. Impressive results on lawns.

Had the machine 5.5 years now. Replaced the petrol tap and blade. Perfect operation.

I bought the machine from Bunnings 6/7 years ago and have not had any problems with the machine. Fantastic machine but service lousy. I have had an order for new blades from Bunnings for the last three months (and they still sell the edger) but can’t get them as they say they are having problems with supplier. Machine will not fit on shelf or looks so useless without blades
Yes I have found this machine to be an excellent product as well. As I haven't had owned the edger for long the blades are still in good condition. I just hope by the time I need new blades Bunnings have got stock of them. BTW have you tried other Bunnings stores for the blades or called Victor directly?blades not available till mid to late Julytry this mob in victoria. http://www.mowersgalore.com.au/spare-parts/victa-parts-catalogue/?aribrand=VICTA#/s/VICTA/TE250-AB_-_Tornado_Edger//1/

what about trouble shotting information manual not having

Why is there oil filler at front and back

Tornado Edger TE250