Victa VBP1226

2.3

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Reasonable for the price

Bought around $23X because this model will be discontinued soon, only designed to pick up leaves which is smaller than a $20 dollar note. Best to be used on hard surfaces only. This can be quite noisy... it might be useful if your hard surface only have leaves falling on it, otherwise you still need to sweep the small sticks / branches which will cost you the same time as if you are just using a sweep.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great blower vac for price

Hi! I am 11 years old and I have something similar. I have a victa pro blower vac. It is an awesome machine. I would highly recommend it. It does a great job on my lawns and it has a shredder inside for vacuuming. It is victas best blower and is recommend this 25:1 ratio. I use sinthetic ryobi oil. It is $300 from buying.

What has happened with Victa quality?

This comment from Victa regarding bags being consumable could not be further from the truth. I purchased a red Victa Vac over 18 years ago. I did weekly clean ups during the autumn period as leaves were abundant on the ground. Throughout the year I used it on an average of three weekly including the collection of sand by tilting the handle upward to create a narrower gap. The bag is still the original bag. I left the unit with the house when I sold it. I never saw the bag as a consumable part of the machine. I was about to purchase the blue unit - I am glad that I read this page before doing so.

Victa
    Joe c.Victa
    Just in time
    Just in time
    Petrol Blower Vacuums

Find out how Victa VBP1226 compares to other Petrol Blower Vacuums

Leafman

LeafmanCastle Hill

Does a good job. Pity about the bag.

I bought this when my Ryobi blower vac died. I thought I might still need a more portable blower as well but this does everything I need it to.
    The bag is a terrible design and has torn where the force of the incoming material hits it, putting a lot of debris between the two layers. You could say this is a testament to the high velocity of the air flow and the matter being sucked in.
    I have cut a piece woven poly from an old garden bag and hot melt glued it over the problem area.
    That has fixed the problem for now, and if it also rips in the future I will glue some stronger material there
    Large rear wheels, easy to move up and down steps. Sucks up nearly everything except the large seeds from camellias.
    Bag poorly designed.

Complete waste of time and money

Have had this for only three months and the main bearing has failed, the front castors have seized and the primer bulb has cracked. The stitching on the first bag failed after two weeks and have now noticed that the bag is collecting rubbish between the inner and outer linings which cannot be removed. Don't buy this lemon!

Bad

bought one of these today hoping it would be much better than the carry around blower vac I can never start. At least this starts very nicely. I ended up sweeping the driveway because it was taking ages and making a huge amount of noise.
    Easy to start.
    Worked well on pavers where there weren't too many leaves for it.
    NOISEY!!!!
    A bit gutless, the blow function isn't very good.
    Tends to clog up if there are a lot of leaves.

schutz1234

schutz1234AU

Terrible

Not at all satisfied with this product It was expensive at the time and even more expensive replacing bags all the time.
    Easy to move around and very light to handle
    I have had mine for 3 years and have had 3 bags as they are not very tough unlike my old model which i had for 20 years with no problems until it died.
    I have had 2 lots of cords as they have become unattached inside the handle,I have spoken to victa who have not been helpful at all.I am now looking for another brand vac and blow.

Terrible