Victa V-Force 16" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4018)

Victa V-Force 16" Mulch Or Catch (VLM4018)

MPN: 883022

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good for the environment and good for me

Have mowed my small lawn twice with my new 18" Victa VLM4018 and am very pleased with the result. Was told it wouldn't do well with very long grass but it was perfect. I especially appreciate the ease of starting the mower as my petrol lawnmower was becoming too difficult for me to start. And I love not having to fuss about getting cans of petrol. The mower is also not heavy and easy to maneuver, Negatives are having to pull the safety key out every time you empty the catcher and the catcher being fabric is not as sturdy and does not hold as much as on petrol mowers. But those are minor points.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Very easy use for woman mowing

It's very easy use. It's like put motor on pram and easy to push for woman . The power is quite full for cut grass, because I first time cut grass/bush used a lot of power and have to charge again and come back. a bit expensive. Generally I'm happy with it.

obsoletes noisy petrol mowers

Not sure if this is exactly the same machine, I bought the Victa 18" 40Volt Vforce+ brushless mower. I'm delighted. For a simple push along mower it's a well built, full sized, full power machine but quiet, with no starting worries, no petrol and oil mess, no fumes. A single battery does my lawns, on a fair suburban block. Yes, as the earlier review found, batteries do often get too hot to recharge straight away and need 5 minutes in the fridge first. Charging is slow, 2 hours or more so a spare battery is useful. I picked one up on eBay for less than half price.