Lumo Energy

Lumo Energy Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedlumoenergy.com.au
Daz
Daz

Do lumo refund FIT credits? Can this be set up automatically or do we have to request it?. Cheers.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Daz, Thank you for your enquiry, I hope you're having a great week!

We can absolutely organise credits for any solar export credits on the account. We do not unfortunately offer the ability to organise it as an ongoing automatic process, however, you are always welcome to call or email us to request any credit on the account to be refunded.

We can be reached on 1300 115 866, or via email on info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT). If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

John P
John P

What are the off peak times for electrity?
Are weekend electricity prices cheaper?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi John, Thank you for your question!

As peak and off peak times can differ depending on a number of factors, including the tariff on the meter and the distribution area that the site falls into, I kindly request that you contact us directly for further information on the address, so that we can confirm your peak and off peak times for you.

You can contact us directly on 1300 115 866 or email us info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm (AEST/AEDT) and Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST/AEDT) to discuss your query further. If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Paul A.
Paul A.

What are the peak , and off peak times for Lumo electricity ?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Paul, Thank you for your question and I hope you've had a wonderful week!

Wayne B.
Wayne B.

Having major problems reconciling invoice amounts with direct debit amounts. We have 5 meters for gas and 5 for electricty. It is impossible to understand how much will be debited when the amount quoted in the invoice does not match the direct debit. Been on a call to customer service for 45 minutes so far and they cannot explain the differences. It would help if the direct debit on the bank stament had the NMI/Meter/MIRN number. How can I possibly know that I am being charged correctly?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Wayne, Thank you for your question and I hope you are well.

I am sorry about your experience

I request you to kindly email us info@lumoenergy.com.au so that we can discuss this further.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.You can contact us directly on 1300 115 866 or email us info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm (AEST/AEDT) and Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST/AEDT) to discuss your experience further in hopes of finding a resolution. If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Richie

Steven W.
Steven W.

Where do I find start and finish billing period?

madmax

On the second page.Current transactions under that Electricity charges under that it will state from to and how many days.Be cautious with this company I have gone to The Energy Ombudsman with my complaint and they have reviewed it and informed me they have a case to answer to. Hope this helps

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Steven, Thank you for your question and I hope you are well.

You can find your billing period on the second page of your bill under the electricity/gas charges heading, depending on which utility you are looking at. You will also be able to see the readings for this period listed here as well.

Jarrad

Lea c.
Lea c.

Hey guys, after doing some online research with comparing energy companies in my area, I decided to make the switch the Lumo. But after reading these reviews I'm having second thoughts! Although the dates I'm reading on most of these reviews are not current. Is the customer service provided still the same?
I'd rather pay a little more to access quality customer service as it seems you end up paying more in the long run with poor communication on their end.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Lea, Thanks for taking the time to post and I hope you well.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Lumo is an Australian owned retailer and have won numerous award for our customer experience, which can be found here; external link

We will be more than happy to assist with a quote and comparison regarding joining us. If you have any further queries or would like to discuss this further, our team is available on 1300 115 866 or via email at info@lumoenergy.com.au, Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm (AEST/AEDT), and Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST/AEDT).

Have a great day!

Kind Regards

madmax

Hi Lea.It,s like having a airbag that doesnt work the only time you find out is when you are "vulnerable". If in doubt pull out.We do not put these posts up for the fun of it.If I had done my home work I would be $400 richer on my second bill.The first bill had bonuses that was a sugar pill for what was to come in the next bill. When I made direct complaints to Lumo it was a overseas call centre and I assume they get bonuses because it was very hard for them to understand that I demanded an australian connection but after persisting if you complain they will redirect you to an office in Melbourne. So much for being australian owned when in the background our money is going overseas.

Binny
Binny

Hi do I know if my bill is estimated.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Binny, Thanks for posting and I hope you are well.

Our bills will clear display if they are based on an actual or estimated reading on the second page under the current transaction heading on the right.

If you have any further queries about your bill or account, our customer solutions team is available on 1300 115 866 or via email at info@lumoenergy.com.au, Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm (AEST/AEDT), and Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST/AEDT).

Have a great day!

Vikky
Vikky

What does the terminology "Total Winter" mean on the Lumo bill? Where does it fit in to the bill? Is it off peak or peak or somewhere in-between? Does anyone know?

madmax

Notice even Lumo did not answer that question and if they don't know how are we to know? Lumo is monitoring this site apparently so they could have easily answered that question.

Shell W.

I want Lumo to STOP trying to charge my credit card so I can choose when to pay via BPay but their website will not let me do that.
I have difficulties using a phone for phone calls so can't ring and tell them.
How can I do this without having to cancel my visa debit card which causes more issues?
Shell, South Australia

Simba
Simba

Try their online chat.. They might be able to help.
Else calling is yhe only option.

Shell W.

Thanks will give it a shot

Redandy
Redandy

How did you go Shell? If they won't do it, then i'd suggest leave and go with another power provider. Unfortunately their track record with customer issues are not the best!! 1 and a half stars says it all!!

madmax

If you have a problem like this the govt supply an ombudsman (energy ombudsman) that will step in for you to solve this problem all done via the internet.

Sharyn
Sharyn

I have noted that I am being charged gst on the solar rebate why?

Marian C.
Marian C.

i have just signed up to lumo but have difficulty sending my meter readings from old company now being told i made a bad move to your company and despite trying to call you i cant find any number that puts me through to anybody ,as you are taking money from me i want to know whats happening

Terry S.
Terry S.

Why my IP address has been blocked and I cannot access my account?
Terry Schultz
[Details Removed] Would appreciate an early answer.

Maryjane
Maryjane

Why have the costs increased recently ? What are the reasons ? There’s no inflation , very little increases re labour .

Michael
Michael

Peak Usage; Off Peak Usage times ??

Johnny M
Johnny M

Just one flat rate at $0.325 ex GST with 30% pay on time discount.

OBAIA
OBAIA

So what is all this total crap with most suppliers about discounts . (discounts off what ? ) Why can't they all just advertise how much per kwh and how much service to property charge. before and after gst? level playing field.

Vik
Vik

Because it is not discount. Rather penalty. For better understanding.. you should compare discounted energy rates with another retailer who offers no discount at all. You will find those rates are actually very close each other. And then when you failed to pay on time (remember there is a catch of within 5pm on due date once again) you are actually paying the advertised discount percentage as penalty on top. So avoid discount offers if you can. Possibly that's the only way to phase out these crappy business practices.

Amanda
Amanda

Hi need help for your energy or electricity? just leave your best contact number so that i can reach u. Thanks - Amanda

Keeping Them Honest
Keeping Them Honest

you are not supposed to be selling on this'page . farcical and slimey and discredits this,page

Rosielovesjohn

I moved into a property (renting) two weeks ago and I'm with Energex.

Today I got a letter addressed to "The Occupier" stating that they'd been providing me with power and they'd cut me off in 6 business days if I didn't confirm that "I" wanted them to continue to supply power or another provider.

They even sent me a sign up pack!

I'm confused. Can they do this?

I've been here two weeks with no issue and then they suddenly threaten me out of nowhere and also refer to me as "The Occupier".

So that would mean they realise the previous tennant is gone so HE must have disconnected his power with them right?

I don't know if they are trying to scare me into joining them or not.

Please help!

Friend
Friend

Well look like lumo is asking u to contact them and set up an account with them. If u do not wis to stay with them, than choose retailer of your own. Once u switched to other retailer u should not recieve letter from them. As there system will automatically update they do not have billing right. However personal suggestion they are good n competative in market, better than other retailer.

Rosielovesjohn

Thank you. I found out Lumo were lying to get a customer.

My company said they'd been supplying power since I moved there and had contacted Lumo to tell them to back off.

I recieved a call hours later from Lumo apologising profusely about a "computer error" :D

I'm still with Energex lol

renak01
renak01

Omg that's what they did to me! Organised to move in with AGL, got to the house and all was fine, then got a letter saying we were actually being supplied by Lumo and needed to switch to one or the other within a certain amount of time. We ended up joining lumo, then they tried to bill me $600 saying it was for the month period where I had not been signed up with them, even though the dates were from before that and the letter had been addressed before I even moved in. Then they tried to bill us an activation fee etc. I can't believe they actually do this, and I can't wait to change.

Rob
Rob

Currently I getting premium feed-in tariff of 0.65 cents

I am told by Solar today "Sunita" (Sales rep) I could add another 8 solar panels and remin on the 0.65 cents feed in tariff. Is this correct due to recent changes?

Glee
Glee

If you decide to add additional solar panels, I would suggest you don't tell Lumo as they will surely screw you like they have me and many other customers. You are fortunate to be receiving the highest rebate that was given when solar was first available to Victorian homes. The rebate was actually 66 cents but over the past few years it has been dwindled down to a miserable 6cents per KWH. I would suggest you look for any documentation or contract you have to determine when the generous 66 cents per KWH expires. In the case of my sons solar system it is 10 years from the time of installation (which was 7 years ago). I have been having a "David & Goliath" battle with Lumo ever since I had solar panels installed earlier this year as I refused to have a so called "smart meter" fitted & their ludicrous 6 cent feed in tariff whilst I have to pay them 27cents per KWH for my consumption off the Grid. As summer has now arrived my solar system is feeding more into the grid than I consume & this reduces my meter reading which has really got Lumos "knickers in a Knot". After several letters from them stating they couldn't read the meter (not true - anyone not visually impaired could) I rang their totally incompetent call centre in India numerous times & spoke with people who had less grasp of the English language than my 2 yr.old grandson. A month after my last call they sent me an estimated account for a whopping $600 plus assuming I had consumed over 2 megawatts. We rarely ever reached 1 megawatt in a quarter before the solar installation. finally I receive a phone call from their Melbourne office (who refuses to give me their phone No.- you have to go via the 1300 No. to India & ask to be transferred to Melb.office). Their "service consultant" refuses to accept my meter reading & insisted I turn off my solar array as they can not accept a lesser reading than the last bill rendered, needless to say I will ignore their threats and demands & wait for the "next round". If this company spent half as much money on customer service as they do on their TV advertising they just might gain some loyalty from customers, but for now they remain a "rogue" company that needs to be brought to account by the ACCC.

Dr. K
Dr. K

Not so much a question but more of a warning to the Product Review followers. I have paid my past two elec/gas bills on time to receive the discount, yet have been sent subsequent bills for the discounted amounts. I have then made contact with the o/s call centre on both occasions, only to be told to disregard these letters as it was an error from their end. An unsuspecting person may pay these bills, not knowing what is going on, and therefore lose any on-time discounts afforded to them. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

keith
keith

Hi even i have had a very bad experience with lumo. My bills were too high and they did not provide me any pay on time discounts.

marg
marg

I want to switch from electric hot water to gas, do you provide this service?

Richard
Richard

Hope you do not get sucked into Lumo. They will rip you off to the bone and then try to squeeze some juice out of your bone!

somattasay
somattasay

Do not use Lumo their charges are a complete rip off.

Get an answer from our members and Lumo Energy representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now