Lumo Energy

Lumo Energy Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verifiedlumoenergy.com.au
KITTY

is Lumo Australian owned or not, because if iv'e been lied to i will go on line big time and sue?

Grant W
Grant W

Hi Kitty

Im not too sure but I didn't speak to one Australian the entire time and the language barrier was just terrible!!!! They are a plain awful company and I would rather pay a little more and get decent service!!!!

Gary
Gary

they are Australian owned but send there call centre off shore so the wages and tax paid by workers doesn't go back into our economy. if they don't want to pay Australian staff why should Australians buy off them

KITTY

tried to make a complaint, on there form but when i tried to submit it ,it was rejected for having to many characters ,how else can you tell them whats wrong but in full,i did not swear or saying anything wrong,so i ended up chatting with some one from lumo,but when i asked if they were even in Australia he said no,told me my card for easy payment would arrive in 7 days even though it was posted the day before,i told him he new nothing about autralia post,but he said he never heard of any post being received in 24 hrs, hope it comes today,feal better now had my say think i'l shop around now to find better energy provider

Len
Len

Lol Gary you are way off in your guess work. their head office is in melbourne and employ over 500 Australian workers.

Kitty lumo energy are owned by Snowy Hydro and Australian owned company. They were recently acquired by them and most likely transitioning in to 100% oz operated. - source I'm an ex employee

KITTY

thanks Gary,just every time i spoke to someone at Lumo they could not speak proper English and when i asked if they were in Australia they said no,SO I WANTED ANSWERS feel a little better but hate having to talk to dummies,they didn;t even know about easy payments had to explain it to them

SRD
SRD

Having moved out of a property over three years ago, we disconnected our Electricity & Gas (now over three yrs later we are being told we owe thousands of dollars because they "have no record of this call").

How can a energy provider let a bill get into the $2000's before threatening to cut off a service? Today is the first day we have received a txt message in regard to the matter.

Tried calling but constantly put on hold, then transferred through to different people who again want to put us on hold to go over the details. Hard working couple trying to head to work and it feels like they're purposely wasting our time.

Has anyone had an issue of them saying that they never disconnected?

Very sad and disheartened and unsure of where to go from here. Has anyone else had any luck with resolve via a different avenue ie. Consumer Affairs?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Gized

Yes, are you referring to lumo.

Gized

I had listened to the tape recording wherever told them on 3 occasions. They denied that's what we said. Ombudsman agreed with us.we got $700 from lumo for compensation for this

#Disgusted by greed and

Why on earth is it going to take until the 7th December to do a final meter read when the account was cancelled on November 26th? Are you serious? Do you actually do anything for the massively overpriced energy you 'retail'?

Bigb
Bigb

Not to lumo's defence or anything because lumo is a joke, but lumo isn't the one that comes and reads you meter that is your distributor.

The distributor charges the energy companies for special meter reads. i don't think lumo are going to pay extra to lose you account sooner.

#Disgusted by greed and

So we are with Integral...switch to Lumo...Lumo puts the price up but Integral is still the distributor? Corruption in the industry sector or what?

Georgiegirl
Georgiegirl

What concession cards do Lumo accept in Victoria?

Grant H
Grant H

As far as I am aware they accept the pension concession card only.

Joinwex
Joinwex

With a rating profile like you show, how can Lumo stay in business?

Claimed to be owned by Snowy Hydro. Doesn't make sense. Any comment?

Kristina82
Kristina82

No idea how they stay in business. Their rates are very deceptive, saying they are the cheapest but as soon as the customer is put on a contract they hike the price up. I'm about to go through the ombudsman because they made me pay $220 to get the gas back on and wouldn't provide an invoice.

tlyfuruncu
tlyfuruncu

I have contacted lumo for i have not recieved my gas bill. Have spoken to the customer advocacy. It has passed a couple of months but i still havent recieved anything. What is going on?

becs89
becs89

I'm not sure I don't actually work for lumo I would be ashamed if I worked at lumo! Just keep track of everything you try get in contact with then jot down the person you spoke with and their if number of they will supply it to you then if they turn around and say you own them x$ for not paying on time you can go to the ombudsman with sufficient evidence

Lumo Energy   DM

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the service you received and would like to look into this further.

Could you please send through your contact details together with your Lumo customer number to digital@lumoenergy.com.au? Thank you.

Regards,

HS

siva
siva

I sign up with my new rental property with lumo. first month $312, Three of us in family using. a lot of hot water, cooking electric stove everyday, washing machine, hair dryer, TV , computer . lights here and there. fair enough! for next 2 and half months .only me with no cooking, no frequent usage hot shower, no Tv, no hair dryer, lights only night. my bill $372!!!. Can you explain this. I never locked in any contract. This the worst bill I seen. Who does the meter reading?

Lumo Energy   DM

Thank you for your feedback Siva. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the service you received and would like to look into this further.

Regards,

Helen

Maree
Maree

Hi Siva, I noticed with Lumo that half the time they only estimate what your bill will be instead of actually reading your Meter, I think this is disgusting lazy behaviour as on my property they have full access to the meter without any dogs or gates to hinder there access so there is no excuse not to get an actual proper reading EVERY time my Meter is read. You will see on your bill if you look close enough if it's been an estimated reading or an actual proper reading, hope this helps as I will not accept an estimated reading ever again!

jooliengo
jooliengo

Has anyone gone to energy ombudsman about their bill and how successful were they to reduce their cost? Moving to Lumo was a bad move, and has cost me 2 times more than my average electricity and gas bill! I was told by the door to door sales rep that there will be no exit fee should they charge me a higher rate than other retailers, but i have been charged an exit fee on my final overpriced electricity bill.

Robin
Robin

Yes I wrote to the Ombudsman earlier this year and was asked to negotiate with Lumo which I did. Eventually I settled my account due to battle fatigue and after Lumo reduced it by several hundred $$s. As I'd by then lost the pay on time discount it was a far from satisfactory outcome. I wrote a review at the time - the very first time I had ever done so. I'm now about to go into battle with Lumo again as I left my previous address and Lumo has sent me a humungous closing account including over $120 for a period after the account was closed. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I will not give in this time.

Apartmentgirl
Apartmentgirl

What was everyone's experience with connecting the power the first time with Lumo energy? I just organized for connection of power to my new apartment for today and it hasn't been turned on yet. Just wondering how long everyone else had to wait for it to be turned on.

David Thomas
David Thomas

Ours was not a new connection..it was a transfer from another supplier who was charging much more than Lumo. We are no longer with Lumo...but was with them for 30 months. They were recommended to us by one of the organizations like I select.

2 years good service....last 7 months...a shocker....keep away. Any contact you may have by phone will be with a Indian Call Centre...to get past them and get any where promising ( more luck needed) is likely to take 30 minutes or more. Avoid this supplier like the plague.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi, If you could please send through your Lumo customer number and a contact phone number to digital@lumoenergy.com.au we will follow up to check what's happening with your connection.

Regards

^RH

christopher.rose.357284

I'f its like their approach to Abolishing a Connection, GOOD LUCK.

Lumo would have to offer the worst customer service I have ever experienced of any business in my life.

What was a simple request has been obstinate action and incorrect information in reply from a anonymous email.

Even if you saved $5 with a discounted energy plan, from what I have read you will be slugged for meter approximations, excuses of inability to access meter, and any other possible excuse that can be sent. Then.. you will spend whats left of your life on hold or arguing to an overseas call centre trying to sort it out...

SAVE YOUR TIME... use ANYBODY else

Joe Kletzmayr
Joe Kletzmayr

is lumo aussi owned or overseas

regards joe

Lauraeve21
Lauraeve21

I believe they are ausie owned.

AW
AW

Lumo is New Zealand owned and operated.

heng taing
heng taing

Where can I make a complaint?

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Heng, You will need to contact Lumo Energy directly to make a complaint.

christopher.rose.357284

You should try Lumo first, but if they stuff you around (and they most likely will) go to the energy ombudsman in your state.

Cory
Cory

Im a bit worried, I had the Lumo people come around today and after telling me all their information I said I couldn't do anything I'm not the homeowner, they continued to fill out forms and said they had to do it as point of contact proof. I had asked them at the end if I had signed up for anything and they said no but now feeling like I may have can anyone help me out?

musiclab911
musiclab911

Disregard it

Lonewolf3

Hi people! I have just terminated a contract with Lumo. The final account is paid in full, yet, today I get a call from a collection agency requesting a further 30 odd dollars! I have had some freinds tell me this has happened to them also. Think its a bit of "sour grapes" because we found a better deal! Interested to see if anyone else has experienced this!

Bob
Bob

Lumo is notorious for pulling these sort of shenanigans. Check out their Facebook profile, it's full of "customers" getting unhappy. They have a reputation for shonky meter readings; if your meter isn't directly accessible (or even if it is...) they'll use an inflated estimate, which makes your bill sky-rocket.

In your case they've probably added on a termination fee obscured deeply within the contract you signed. Or they've billed you for the next door neighbors electricity, which given the incompetence of Lumo, is entirely plausible.

Good luck! I would recommend giving them a call to see where this $30 has come from, but you're likely to spend an additional $30 waiting for someone to pick up the phone. You might be better of cutting your losses and just coughing up the $30.

somattasay

Hi Lonewolf, I'm in the process of looking for a better deal as in a better and more honest supplier, I'd be interested in who you went with. Regards J.

Lonewolf3

Hi somattasay, I have been with AGL for some time now. Couple of reasons. I have found their customer service quite timely and well handled. Also, I can submit my own meter readings and I get a monthly bill. These last two are good for me because no one opens my gate to let my dogs out, and monthly billing is easier on the household budget, Good luck with your search, hope this has helped

somattasay

Thanks for the AGL recommendation Lonewolf but after reading many very favourable comments about CLICK ENERGY I might go with them, have you had any dealings with CLICK?

Lonewolf3

Hi somattasay, No, I have not. Good luck, hope you get a great deal!

cookie
cookie

Please help. I have had a pushing Lumo salesman come to my door, I advised that I wanted my husband with me before I signed anything. I was assured there was a 10 day cooling off peiod and could cancel if I did not want to go ahead with them. He started filling in the paperwork, took my ID yet then advised that he had to call the office for them to go through the contract with me before it was finalised. When he attampted to call the office it was closed and he would have to come back tomorrow to finalise the contract (He originally told me that I would have to sign up today, i cannot contact the company & sign up at a later date and that they could not come back tomorrow - funny that!) I never actually signed anything nor got any information pack on the company and the contract was not finalised. But I am now worried - is there any possible way since they have the details from my ID that they can somehow move me over to their company even though I did not sign anything?

Hi Cookie,

If you haven't signed the contract then you haven't given them consent to change over the service. Therefore, they cannot move you over. The terms can be found at

Scrolling down you will find that the sales agreement must be signed by you and the trader. The front page must have your signature and the date you signed.

If you need any more information on door to door salespersons, Google search "Door to door sales—a guide for consumers - ACCC".

Lastly, if you ask the salesperson to leave, and they do not, then tell them that you will call the police.

Just as a follow up

To be certain you should also call up Lumo to see what they have done with your information. If the company did nothing, but they still have the details on record, then ask to have your details removed from their database. On the other hand if the company has moved your account without consent, then tell them immediately to terminate the contract as you did not sign the contract.

While by law they can not change over your account, it is probably best to make sure they haven't.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi there, We're sorry to hear about this - would it be possible for you to email your contact details to us at digital@lumoenergy.com.au and we'll investigate to see what happened and ensure nothing's happened that you haven't consented to?

Regards

^RH

Pikton
Pikton

Has anyone ever successfully cancelled their Lumo contract in the 10 day cooling off period?

apkdsimpson
apkdsimpson

I don't know the answer to your question but after reading reviews I am about to try. Will let you know

Scott
Scott

I signed up early this afternoon and after having a think about it, decided to do some research online. After reading these reviews I immediate;y called their 1300 number and terminated the contract. The girl on the phone assured me they wouldn't go ahead with taking over my electricity supply but I don't know if I believe her. I have also emailed them (info@lumoenergy.com.au) asking for confirmation in writing.

curious85
curious85

What have people thought of lumo sales reps in Sydney area? I had a brilliant girl today, she answered all my questions but I still felt a little like I was pushed into signing because she was overly friendly and I felt bad saying no...

Goanna95
Goanna95

Sorry.. I am in Melbs so can't help you. Please be aware they don't 'Read' your meter..................just estimate.

RonC29
RonC29

Is there anyone who has something positive to say about LUMO?

Cathie51
Cathie51

Not from what i have seen or hear

Mark B
Mark B

Yes there are several positives on this site, but I can only assume they either havent read the bad reviews,or havent yet suffered the inevitable fate that awaits them at the hands of this nasty little electricity retailer. Lumo operates with wanton contempt for its customers as evidenced by complaint after complaint detailed on this and other web sites. Lumo invites each complainant on such sites to contact them to resolve their issue, yet does very little upfront to provide any reasonable customer service to avoid the complaint in the first place.When bad reviews outnumber the good ones by 10 to 1, I dont think the odd good review will count for much. Its time a Govt agency did something to make Lumo lift their game in a big way, else they will continue to inflict their brand of misery on unsuspecting customers, who in time, will then join the long list of complainants with their own tale of woe at the hands of this unscrupulous operator. How is it that they are allowed to operate with such impunity in the face of such a tidal wave of complaints.

Seemslike
Seemslike

I am extremely upset and disappointed with these guys. This Friday morning there was a sales guy on my door. He did not even mention that he was from Lumo and lured me into signing their application. Even though I insisted that I do not want to sign without the consent of my hubby, eventually I foolishly ended up signing which I regret like hell! I am going to call them on monday and ask them to cancel. But I am now scared after reading all the comments. Are they going to cancel the application immediately or is it going to mess up further more? I am very confused and upset. I wish I knew about them before signing up. I dont want to go the legal way, it will mean so much more stress and expense.

dees49
dees49

Don't know what state you are in but in NSW there is a 10day cooling off period that applies to door to door sales. Suggest you read your contract carefully sit down and take a deep breath( or maybe the other way round) and look at options.

Tracey2
Tracey2

Has anyone been successful in cancelling their Lumo Energy contract?

Dalesman54gmail.com
Dalesman54gmail.com

If you take on another energy company to replace Lumo I believe they pay the exit fee of $75 dollars maximum and add it to your first account with your new provider. Suggest you go with one of the bigger more reputable companies such as AGL... these newer retailers are shonky imo.

grumpy114
grumpy114

Hi Tracey....I have just had Lumo Electricity put on so I am not sure about cancelling it.... I was with agl and I know my bills were too high as I live buy myself so I rang Lumo to get it put on with them and I never told Agl so I can't see why you would have trouble cancelling it.... Just do it!! Have you had any problems with Lumo? I hope this helps somewhat..... John

Bernie Davis
Bernie Davis

NO,... I have had trouble. After coming to Victoria from Queensland (no exit fees apply) I have a small business. With power costs increasing I went looking for the best deal, then moved away from Lumo to find that I am landed with an exit fee of an average monthly account over 12 months, being ($975.00) . How can this company have such a one sided policy and bully small businesses and individuals in this manner. When the banks are not able to penalise people for changing their mortgage to another bank, why is this electricity retailer allowed to charge such excessive exit fee? Be warned,...

If this issue gets resolved, I'll be happy to let you know.

louisr rolff
louisr rolff

yes i cancelled.. it can be done ..having said that i havn't recieved the exit fee yet . try energy ombudsmen. that was my referral from red.

Peter18
Peter18

What is the phone number for Lumo energy

Soth
Soth

Get an answer from our members and Lumo Energy representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now