Victoria's Basement Online store

Victoria's Basement Online store

See the Best Kitchenware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great pre-sales service and delivery

I wanted to buy a couple of Royal Doulton dinner sets from Victoria's Basement but they were out of stock on their website. I emailled the store who called me back and said that they had tracked down the items that I wanted. Their price was the best that I could find.

They were delivered promptly to WA. The dinner sets were super well packed - they had gone to the effort of putting packing material inside the cartons before packing the cartons inside a box with a heap of bubble wrap.

I would use them again any time.

Store LocationOnline

Excellent Customer Service

I purchased a set of saucepans and frypans and had a few questions that I sent on the website. I received a phone call from Monica who was very helpful and went out of her way to assist me. it was like talking to a friend she is very informative about products and sourced additional products for me to save on postage from other stores. Monica is truly representative of great customer service and I will shop at Victoria's Basement as this was my first time and I received exceptional customer service. Carefully packaged and arrived quickly.

Store LocationVictoria's Basement Online Web Order

Fast and secure postage of fragile items.

I can't fault Victoria's Basement for my last order of two porcelain cups. They arrived very quickly following my order and were sent in very good packaging where-by they couldn't possibly be broken in transit. Excellent.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - Outstanding service

I ordered a set of Global Knives from Victoria's Basement online. Very quick and simple process. Living in the Country NSW always creates delivery challenges. These guys more than delivered on their promise. Top quality product, great deal, superfast delivery. Thank you again

Online order

I bought a gift online to be delivered in CBD. 4 days later it had not been dispatched. 7 to 14 working days delivery in t and c's. Considering the problems in retail at the moment I think it is fair to say 4 days dispatch to a local address is pretty slow. As this was a gift I cancelled my order, my refund will take 5 to 6 days as 'It is Easter.' When did everything come to a halt at Easter. Staff at depot were polite and hopefully my refund will not be longer than 5 days.
This is Sydney!!! Businesses are going to the wall!

Very well packaged

I bought one dozen 300ml glasses from Victoria's Basement. They were packed in a very large box with foam packing material and bubble wrap on each glass. They were packed better than any other order I've made online. Well done Victoria's Basement. Some other retailers could learn from you.
The glasses themselves (Bormioli Rocco coloured glasses) were nice and solid.

Slowest delivery known to man

I ordered some glassware for our holiday rental almost 3 weeks ago. I received a message to call about my order on Friday. I called back and they were just "wanting to check my address"?! I have just received notification that they've started the process of sending them. I have never come across such ridiculously slow delivery. I will never order online from them again

Very rude and poor customer service

I ordered 3 grillpans from their online store for saving shipping cost. They sent an email to me to ask call them. Usually other stores call me, not ask to call them. They said they have only 1, and they can refund only cost for other 2 grillpans. I asked refund for two grillpans and 2/3 of shipping cost, but they never answered. After 1 week they dispatched 1 grillpan. And without any excuse or explanation, they simply refunded only cost for 2 grillpans.
The shipping cost is small amount, but I was so unhappy because of their very rude and unprofessional customer service.

Very happy shopper.

Purchased goods for shipment interstate. Was skeptical after reading reviews. I received excellent service/assistance. Interstate shipping was prompt and well packed. Very positive experience.

Excess packaging

Just received my first online purchase from VB. I have never seen so much wasted packaging. Five items packed into an ENOURMOUS box that was filled with dreaded poly beads. What an environmental disaster. VB - you need to reduce your packaging because it determines how many of us shop.

Appalling online shopping experience and poor customer service

Placed an online order for Christmas delivery. After two days of not being contacted to confirm shipment, phoned them only to be told that the items hadn't even been packed, leave alone shipped and that they could take up to ten days for delivery so couldn't guarantee I would receive it before Christmas. This is completely contrary to their website that states orders made before 16 December for NSW would be received before Christmas. Needless to say, I immediately cancelled my order and asked that any payment made be refunded without any delay. Checked with my bank today only to find that not only have their already taken a payment but that they have taken it twice and that I will have to wait up to ten days for it to be refunded. Absolutely disgusted and appalled with the total experience of shopping online with them. Will be taking the matter further.

Seamless 'Click Frenzy' shopping online

Victoria's Basement has a great customer and user friendly set-up for 24 hours Click Frenzy shopping online for products. For those who are busy and especially as the year draws to a close for festive shopping online is a breeze. Next day received a courtesy phone call from customer service to confirm the final transaction and purchase delivery time which was a pleasant surprise. Thank you

No problems.

Have bought 2 quality products over last 3 years. Very good price and fast delivery. Had no problems at all. Am I lucky?

FAST DELIVERY

This is the first time I have ordered from Victoria Basement.

I ordered online the Jamie Oliver Tefal Professional Series Hard Anodised Induction Cooking Pots. They were very fast in delivering my order and I am very please with their service.

I would buy from them again. Thank you.

Speedy delivery! Accurate product

I was really apprehensive after reading bad reviews here but I could not find the things i wanted, somewhere else at a better price. Finally I gave in to the temptation! fingers crossed. The online order process was very smooth and the delivery was super fast. I even received continuous updates from auspost about when my order was due. Will order items for my kitchen again hopefully. Their prices are really good. I'm based in Melbourne so its a shame a can't visit any of their stores. Thanks Victoria's basement, I love my new Benzer cookware!

Just terrible online policies

In this online purchase I bought two things - an Oneida cutlery set and a set of cheapie steak knives. The postage was comparatively expensive in the online world - especially given that most companies have deals with delivery/post companies so they get wholesale prices. The cutlery set arrived badly damaged (a manufacturing fault) and I was able to send it back reply paid. But because I had bought two things they didn't refund any postage costs.

That means my cheap steak knives cost $12 to be posted to me - that's an extra 75% on top of their original cost.

I would never ever have paid that much postage if it were not for the cutlery set. I am left with some really cheap quality steak knives and a feeling that I never want to shop with Victoria's Basement again!

Update: Victoria's Basement have agreed to refund the shipping costs. I heartily recommend keeping the conversation going if you aren't happy with their initial response. I am glad they have been fair and I might consider shopping from them again in future, as their product range was the reason I've been such a frequent shopper in the past.

Do not shop online

We bought a set of plates online but it looked different then the picture on the website when arrived. We went to Victoria's Basement Alexandria to get a refund and they refused to offer a refund saying we have "changed our mind" even thought the picture did not Mach the item. Poor customer services. We were forced to spend that money on something else as they didn't want to give us a refund for false advertising. Be careful when shopping online

Excellent service, great products and best prices

After all these reviews below we were expecting the same experience. However we were impressed by the efficient delivery and good quality. Victoria's Basement Online have the reasonable prices too. Thank you! We are your faithful customers from now on!

Poor Service, didn't deliver product

I made a purchase online two weeks before Christmas. The order never turned up. I was first told via email that it was delivered to the wrong address and they would send a replacement. Two days later I was told that I was somehow able to order my things when there wasn't actually any stock. I asked for a refund. It's now been six weeks since my original order and I'm still waiting for my refund. My emails are now not even answered. Would not use again.

Good customer service at first, but when things went wrong, emails were no longer answered and calls not taken.

Poor service

I purchased a set of mixing bowls online as a Christmas present. My credit card was charged the same day. After two weeks of hearing nothing and no change to the status of my order I sent a query through their web site link. No response to that. Another week later i sent another query and received no response. Finally I sent an email asking for a refund and was told that my goods were with "Toll" and they had tried to deliver them.

I never received an email with any tracking number to tell me they were enroute. I never received a card to inform me they had tried to deliver the goods. Now apparently I have to chase up the courier to find out where they are. Not impressed at all.

Victoria's Basement denied I had sent them any emails. They seem far more interested in blaming the customer than trying to solve their own problems. Would not recommend.

Terrible service, hard to contact, Refuse to accept responsibility.