Victoria's Basement Physical stores

Victoria's Basement Physical stores

See the Best Kitchenware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BQ

BQSydney, NSW

Question - What moron would put a metal handle on a skillet? Answer - Anolon

I am REALLY, REALLY NOT HAPPY!!!!
What idiot would put a metal handle on a skillet?
I replaced a long held and very effective skillet with an Anolon.
First outing I nearly took all the skin off my hand!
Seriously I am amazed that you would even stock such a ridiculously unsafe article that still cost about $50!!!
I think you can tell I will not be back!!

Store LocationQueen Victoria

Simone

Simone

Wont be back

Staff didn't give me receipt -
Foreign security man on door when informed
said " not my problem" even after telling him I had a knee injury and going back upstairs would be painful - he refused to help or come up with solution - he argued and argued and made me upset - left very unhappy - wont be back

Beware of false online advertising!

Ktg

KtgSydney

Store staff helpful but extremely misleading pricing

I bought some food storage containers that said their regular price was $195 and sale price was $95. I wanted some more information on the brand so checked the manufacturers website when I got home to find they were selling almost the exact same set selling for just $77.80. It appears that’s Victoria’s basement regular price was massively inflated and their ‘sale’ price was over 20% more than the rrp. I advise anyone shopping there to be aware that their prices are probably not nearly as discounted as they claim and that even on sale their prices could be much higher than elsewhere.

Nemo Kanemo

Nemo KanemoSydney

Would not honour displayed item price. Terrible customer service too.

Pibs

PibsNorth Sydney

Incredibly rude staff

Incredibly rude staff (Artarmon shop at least). New lows in customer service. I have rarely been treated so poorly in any shop. Best to avoid.

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

BEWARE Victoria Basement does not refund your defective purchase or product which does not work.

ows98117

ows98117sydney

DOA knife sharpener refused return

I bought an automatic knife sharperner for $82 on 16/8/16, one of the most expensive in the shop. The machine failed on the first use. I took it back to the shop and expect a full refund on DOA on 17/8/16. The store manager was totally rude and ruthless when dealing with me. She was yelling and refused a refund for the purchase. Reason being the machine has been used, even once, and it is warranty issue. I am totally disappointed with the so called store manager and I have had no choice but to walk away. I will never return to this store. Buyers beware.

Noel

Noel

Buyer beware! Artificially high pre discount pricing - questionable refund policy

Absolutely atrocious refund policy. You effectively have to prove an item doesn't work! Purchased $225 induction friendly wok only to find it doesn't interface with stove (although website clearly states it does. Returned item in 4 days (I live 2 hours away) only to be told it has to be returned to supplier to prove it doesn't work. Unconscionable business practices. Complaint lodged with dept of fair trading.

Selling faulty product and refused to give refund

canny

cannyBaulkham Hills

Don't believe the price, they might not sell it to you!

John

Johnsydney

Lack of customer service

Purchased an item I have been looking for a while. Went home and tested the item and realized that it was of an acceptable quality. Went back to the store and asked for a full refund; they denied it. Spoke with the person in charge with no results either. They just wanted to keep the money to themselves, like the Hot Dollar shops. Too bad since they have lost a recurring customer. Quite disappointed.

Non sense of customer service.

dooie

dooieSydney, Australia

Make sure you Ask every price before going to the till.. No point of refund from there!

Terrible service! Shocking customer service.

I bought two boxed crockery sets - different cups in them when I got home. Upon return to the store the manager told me she was not prepared to open more than two boxes to match my purchase! She was rude, loud and it was an embarrassing experience! I will not return to the store.
The goods in the store are well priced.
The staff - the manager was rude and had no customer service whatsoever

Peters of Kensington Here I Come

Bad

A fantastic concept and store that would benefit from improving customer service. I leave pleased with my purchases but put off by the ill-mannered staff.
Excellent savings on great products.
Terribly rude, arrogant service on multiple occasions- most notably at the QVB store.

Nice2Know

Nice2KnowAU

Terrible service and care factor of Zero

Jinxy

JinxySydney, NSW

Impressed with the service, range and prices at the Castle Hill Store

Was amazed at the range and pricing of the kitchen/cooking inventory. Bought a wok that was advertised online to be carbon steel with no coating. Got home and discovered it to have a non-stick coating. Took it back to store, exchanged for a carbon steel no coating. Staff were helpful, understanding and efficiently handled the transaction.
Cheap, good layout, great range.
No decent sign-age to cashiers.

Jay V

Jay VSydney, NSW

Terrible

SandyBraggs

SandyBraggsAU

Good

One shop stop for all my Christmas and house warming presents, I have a store near my work place and that's where I spend most of my lunch breaks if I have any, wide range of homewear and kitchen items means I am intrigued each time I visit. Love the specials instore heaps to choose from.
A good store to shop for if you are looking for home and kitchen wear, they specialize in these products. I never have to look for long if I need to buy gifts and give aways.Lots of reductions instore and a vide range of good quality products and brands.
Very few stores around, other than that I have noting to complain about