Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

Vileda Super Squeeze Mop (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Mops & Buckets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vileda

1.9

Waste of money

I agree with the other reviews re: sponge constantly falling off, really frustrating. Don't know if it would clean or not since I haven't been able to use it. Throwing off balcony like another reviewer said is probably best thing you can do with it.

Dee
DeeDarwin

Worst mop I have owned in 30 years

Like many other reviewers here, I found this to be a frustrating and useless mop not fit for purpose. Tilt mechanism won't stay in place, sponge keeps popping out, doesn't glide across timber or tiled floors. After persevering for several weeks, I literally just threw it off my balcony in frustration and will chop it up into little pieces for the bin. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Ruined my weekend

Normally I would be impressed by an inanimate object which achieves so much success at affecting a cognizant being's day, but since it was my day ruined by this shitfully designed mop, I am unimpressed on all fronts. Don't buy it, don't consider buying it, don't even look at it.

shootingstar
shootingstarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not impressed

I used this mop for some time before purchasing a different Vileda mop thinking i would use both but haven't bother using this again. It's disappointing as I like Vileda products but wouldn't recommend this mop. It doesn't clean the floor very well unfortunately. Guess it will do to mop puppy pee up from my balcony.

Worst mop I've ever used

The sponge constantly falls out of the mop head. The heads flip back and forward when you put even light pressure on it. Total waste of money, don't buy one.

Do not waste your money!!

I thought i was crazy to check a mop review but people, seriously- this mop is terrible. The sponge is constantly coming off and to actually mop the floor you have to be in a squat position so it doesn't click up and make you use the tip of the mop. I have never disliked cleaning so much until i purchased this!

Beyond frustration

I didn't think mopping a floor was difficult until I bought the Vileda Super Squeeze Mop. The sponge constantly comes off and the pivoting head, pivots so much that the sponge can not stay in contact with the floor. It was the most expensive mop on the shelf at the time, so I thought I was buying quality. So, so disappointed with my purchase. Save your money and buy anything else but this mop.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Vanessa
VanessaSydney

Rubbish

What a waste of money, I wish I had read these reviews. The sponge falls off when being used & difficult to outback on... took it back to the store & got a refund. I wonder how such a bad product can be sold

Amy
AmyBrisbane

Love this mop and I don't like squeeze mops

Rocky
RockyBrisbane

Waste of money

This mop is completely useless. The sponge does not even stay on!!! I have only used it twice and thought i was doing something wrong. Reading these other comments I am sure it is the mop. Do not buy one. I have always used Vileda products but this one was a total waste of money.

Roslyn Anne Stebbings
Roslyn Anne StebbingsCentral, TAS

Useless

This mop is useless. The head flips up every time you drag it backwards and the mop keeps coming off. Would never buy one again. I am very disappointed and will be emailing the company to express my concerns with their inferior product.

Extremely disappointed with purchase

I was also excited to buy a so called "good product" but am getting rid of it for the same reasons. Mopping back & forth it locks & is sooooo frustrating. Waste of money do not buy it!
Well of course I didn't keep my receipt as I never in the world expect to be fed up with it & want to return it!

diana9baking
diana9bakingVIC, 3008

Damaged my vinyl flooring

I was very excited to get this because it was on sale. But just like other people who bought this product, it locks to different angles and scratches the floors. That was a new floor.

David
DavidAdelaide

Useless mop

This mop is such a pain to use. The design is flimsy and as a tall guy I find it quite hard to use. You have to constantly clean it and it isn't very effective at all at getting grime and stains off the floor. Mops are already annoying to use and this is one of the worst I've used so I don't recommend it at all.

Useless And Scratches Wooden Floors

The worst mop I've ever used! It doesn't work, it keeps locking into weird positions and the top of the mop flips and scratches floors. I've tried on floor board and tiles and the same thing happens. Absolutely useless never buy one!

Absolute Rubbish!!

Very disappointed with this product from Vileda. The sponge sticks to the floor and requires a huge effort to push and the sponge comes off all the time so cleaning the floor is 10 times harder than it needs to be.

Gary R
Gary RLake Macquarie

Biggest mistake of all time

I have never checked on a review for a mop before but this thing is so bad I decided to Google it to see if it was just me.
It is more suited as a prop for the 3 Stooges.
Used it twice, the first time it appeared to be hopeless with the head continuing to swivel and not stay on the floor.
The second time it seemed worse and if you apply more pressure to try and keep it flat, then the mop head falls off!
It's going in the garbage bin but I am more than annoyed that Woolworths would allow this inadequate, poorly designed item onto their shelves.
A warning to anyone - Never, ever be tempted to buy one of these.

Annoying & Useless!!!

This is absolutely terrible & makes the job of mopping the floor very painful!
The sponge detaches itself with every forward/backward sweeping motion. The sponge almost adheres to the floor, whether it is tiles or lino making it hard to move. I mop my floors with very hot water, so to have to reattach the sponge that is extremely hot is difficult in itself let alone every time you do a mop forward/backwards. Makes the job very lengthy and frustrating. The other bad thing about this design is when the sponge dries out it shrinks and comes off the plate it is supposed to be attached to.
Has somebody from Valeda actually used this mop?

Really Crappy Product

As other reviewers have said. Hard to push and the sponge regularly falls off. Would return it if I had not used it. Only one month old and out shopping for a new mop.

joarey
joareysydney

This product needs to be scrapped.

I do not like this product as it falls apart and is a waste of money and time using it. I would like to know who in the hell thought of it. They should buy them all back.

I love this mop, cant live without it!

I love this mop and I've been looking for a refill everywhere. I love how its a broom and a mop in one. It cuts cleaning time in half. I don't know what previous reviewers are talking about they mustn't be using it properly. I have tiles, floorboards and vinyl and they always come up perfect and doesn't take half as long as normal mops. I'm a cleaning fanatic and very fussy about the products I use, it picks up pet hair, dust and bits and pieces and mops at the same time. I've tried a lot of cleaning products and this one is a winner...

Disgruntled
DisgruntledMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's only a mop by design

It has a handle and an absorbent sponge. Design covered. Functionality, it just doesn't work. The sponge sticks and doesn't slide across the floor. The head is on a swivel which can't be locked, so after the sponge sticks to the floor a few times, you end up with the head stuck at a 90 degree angle to the handle and then as you try to right the stupid thing... the sponge detaches. At that point, you start screaming profanities and scaring the neighbourhood children.

This mop is terrible. It's the worst mop that I've ever used and if I could find whoever designed this offense to cleaning equipment, I'd tweet something horrible at them. In caps.

M. Jones
M. Jones

worst mop ever

This mop should be taken off the shelves, sponge is difficult to get on...comes off easily especially if you have to mop sideways along skirting etc, when mopping it tips over scratching floor. Not easy to mop as sponge is too firm. Overall I would give it a minus 10. FRUSTRATED.

doug
dougWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

worst thing i have ever bought

every time we us it we scratch the floor it hasn't fallen apart yet but when you use it it continually flippes over and the mounting plate skids along the floor not good on polished floors and the sponge dries out between uses and shrinks so it falls off when trying to get it wet again

BennoQueensland

Rubbish Product from Vileda

Yes I can confirm and agree with all those folks complaining of this product's shortcomings. Mine also broke apart (disintegrated) at its plastic hinges after only 2 months use, that is a total of about 10 uses. The design is poor, I thought this product will last a long time so I also purchased the replacement blue sponge and used that first instead of the one it comes with. Well... the blue replacement sponge is actually smaller so this means you will scratch your skirting board with the edge of the base plate. Vileda certainly super squeezed me on this purchase. I am not going back to this brand ever. Better get the K-mart $10 offering and $3 replacement sponge than spend on this way overpriced mop wannabe.