Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

See the Best Mops & Buckets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vileda

1.9
    PeterG
    PeterG

They could not have possibly tested this before releasing on the market

The head keeps coming off.
    Vileda sounds quite Swedish but is actually rubbish.
    The company should be sued.The product is a complete fraud.Apparently lots of others have taken the trouble to express the same thoughts.
    The lack of response by the company says it all
    Thieves.

Bewildered Human
    Bewildered HumanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks great but too many flaws

I purchased this because the handle and squeezing mechanism looked very well made. They are very sturdy. The main problems I have with it are that the head will not stay on, I found the spare and checked how I was fitting it. I am doing everything it says on the packet. But it just comes of as soon as I start to mop the floor. Also, the sponge drags, it doesn't glide evenly. So it kind of just pushes dirt around and doesn't pick it up. It is also so firm it doesn't reach down into grout. Just appalling. I might try and use double sided tape as suggested but I shouldn't have to!!

Horrible mop poor design don’t buy

Sponge head drags heavily and very sticky to the floor tiles. Head doesn’t tilt - waste of money and poor design head. Just moved dirt around doesn’t pick it up... don’t buy

Worst mop ever

I have spent the last 1 hour trying to figure out how to use the mop. Totally failed. I have a mop that I have no clue how to use. Have read and re-read the instructions. No help at all.

I will be going back to Woolworths tomorrow to ask them to show me how to use it. I do not even have a clue how to squeeze the water out of the sponge and no clue how to get the sponge flat on the floor. If Woolworths cannot show me how to use it they should not be selling it. I will be asking for my money back. Ridiculous!!

Do not buy!

Worst Mop Ever

This mop is the worst I’ve ever used. I wish I could give it less than one star. The sponge skids across the floor without picking up any dirt so you’re left with clumps to pick up. It can’t move sideways otherwise the sponge falls off. The pull-handle is too low and does not stay in place at the height you tighten it to. It would have been easier to hand wash the floors on my hands and knees than use this mop.

Chae
    ChaeSydney

Rubbish! DO NOT BUY!

This is the most poorly designed, user-unfriendly, unworkable, ineffective cleaning tool I have ever used! I cannot overstate how bad it is. The sponge sticks to the floor (making it hard work), the sponge head locks as you (try to) mop backward and forward (so the base threatens to scratch the floor), the grooved sponge leaves dirty lines on the floor. It is so frustrating, and at the end your floor still looks dirty! First use, and I spent the whole time composing this review - it is THAT bad!

rgordeaux
    rgordeaux

Worst mop ever

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
    Clara V.14 Feb 2022
    V8Snail
    V8SnailWA, 6230

What clown approved this for production?

How bad does a mop need to be to trigger someone into writing a review within 10 mins of use?
    The handle wouldn't lock, the sponge just stuck to the tiles so it's extremely hard to push, then the sponge just kept falling off. As sticky as the sponge is, no dirt would actually be picked up. Instead, dirt lines would be left from the horizontal grooves in the sponge. The squeeze handle is far too low down for ergonomics but doesn't squeeze the water out anyway. How this made it to production is beyond me.

Anu
    AnuBrisbane

Worst mop ever DO NOT BUY!!!

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this mop, the sponge keeps coming off, it leaves vertical black marks on the floor and the handle keeps falling off and would not tighten. I cannot find the receipt to return to Woolworths, this is an absolute piece of crap and waste of money- Do not and I mean DO NOT buy this mop EVER....

Kittenfantastico
    KittenfantasticoMelbourne

I will never by another Vileda product again!

This mop sucks! i though I was going mad when couldn't lock the handle, then the mop insert of which i brought a spare assuming the product would work. I was contemplating gaffer tapping it in place!

The insert comes out constantly the pull bar doesn't wring the water out of the sponge, and it flips forwards and backwards, with gay abandon.

I don't know what to do, as I don't have a receipt for it and the idea of schelping a half wet falling apart mop around the supermarket isn't inspiring.

Anyone know if i can return it to the supermarket without a receipt? and If not, could someone PLEASE suggest a good mop, that doesn't need a bucket?

Evemelville
    EvemelvilleAU

mind of its own

Bought this mop to leave my floor as dry as possible after cleaning. It has a mind of its own, the handle wont stay at the height you set it too. It wont stay flat on the floor keeps locking in the up and down position, driving me crazy. The mop end coming off is a little frustrating as well. Going to return it to Countdown today.

Rob
    RobSouthwest, VIC

Wanting a Refund for Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

Wanting a Refund for Vileda Super Squeeze Mop this is the worse mop I have ever had. The mop yellow foam part slips out all the time plus the handle slips down and you cant fix it the tightener doesn't work

Like I said I will be requesting a refund from Vileda

pip
    pipBaxter, VIC. Australia

ripoff

i purchased this mop yesterday in hope of cleaning my slate floor today. I am returning this to Woolworths as the sponge constantly fell off and is completely unsatisfactory. Do not purchase!!

Waste of money

I agree with the other reviews re: sponge constantly falling off, really frustrating. Don't know if it would clean or not since I haven't been able to use it. Throwing off balcony like another reviewer said is probably best thing you can do with it.

Dee
    DeeDarwin

Worst mop I have owned in 30 years

Like many other reviewers here, I found this to be a frustrating and useless mop not fit for purpose. Tilt mechanism won't stay in place, sponge keeps popping out, doesn't glide across timber or tiled floors. After persevering for several weeks, I literally just threw it off my balcony in frustration and will chop it up into little pieces for the bin. If I could give it zero stars I would.