Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

See the Best Mops & Buckets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vileda

1.9
Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Resorting to the instructions

I hadn' t been happy with this super squeeze mop since we purchased it over 3 years ago but struggled on, having to accept the sponge would come off all the time and wouldnt squeeze properly and who reads instructions anyway. Finally yesterday, the mophead appeared to break in half so that the two plastic plates on one side came apart yet there was no sign of a fracture. Today it literally clicked how the two plates can attach by stetching them so one slips and slots into the other and voila. This lightbulb moment coincided with me checking this website and to my shame I see I have also been using it handle up. Am over the moon and have washed the floors properly for the first time in years.

Purchased in October 2018 at Woolworths.

Scott
ScottCanberra

This mop works when you read the instructions!!

Gary C
Gary CLismore

Hooray for this page. Turned this mop from a flop to being useable!

I like most reviewers found this mop to be terrible but reading 5nrough the reviews I found one that said the mop is designed to be used with the squeeze handle facing the floor (kind of illogically I must say). I tired this and instantly all my problems were fixed. No longer did the dead fly off, no longer did the ratchet thing behave strangely and I now have a useable mop. Maybe if I had read the instructions I could have avoided weeks of frustration!

Daniela
DanielaBrisbane

Poor design

At first, I had problems using the mop. Like most of the people here, I got frustrated using this thing because the sponge kept falling out. So, after going through the instructions again and reading the other reviews , I was able to mount the sponge properly and lock it in place. It's not the most efficient mop out there, but it definitely gets the job done.

Mops & Buckets

Find out how Vileda Super Squeeze Mop compares to other Mops & Buckets

Birthday
BirthdayPerth, WA

Modified by a "THINKING TRADIE" and now the best mop I ever had

Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Good

This is a good mop if you have a lot of tiles (not sure how it would go on wood or laminate) When I first got it I thought it was leaving marks on the floor, but it had some kind of chemical in it and once that washed out of the mop it was fine.
Easy to use, works well on tiles. Gets harder to scrub spots off easily.
Doesn't actually pick up dirt and hair like the description says, it just pushes it around. The handle broke after about a year where it comes apart to adjust the length.

Sue shaw
Sue shaw

Worst mop ever the handle does not lock into place and the head never stays flat on the floor going in the bin