Vileda Traditional Straw Broom

Vileda Traditional Straw Broom

See the Best Brooms & Brushes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vileda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
Laurie
Laurie Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Vileda straw broom

The extendable handle is not easy when you live on your own and in the over 65 category. I so wish I did not buy this broom. The straw part looks ok but as for the extendable handle - no specific instructions and once you google them it is still very hard to do.

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths for $18.00.

robwebAU

Terrible design. DO NOT BUY.

Extendable handle impossible to extend. Shouldn't have to use tools, or be as strong as Samson, to make this handle longer. I've been struggling since purchase with plyers until my hands are red raw, but no success. I'd give it a 0 if I could.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $15.00.

Worst broom ever

My husband bought 2 brooms because we have a business and are always cleaning and sweeping. Both brooms swivel whilst trying to sweep and the straw end becomes very loose. Very annoying. I will be taking both of them back to the store for a refund.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths.

Camille McALoon
Camille McALoonPerth, WA

The best straw broom

I couldn't understand instructions I came here, got some pliers it was easy. Then I used pliers to tighten the extension. I love the right tool to get the job done.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $14.00.

Brooms & Brushes

Find out how Vileda Traditional Straw Broom compares to other Brooms & Brushes

vildea extendable broom

I wish i had read the reviews before i made the purchase. Absolute rubbish. impossible to extend the handle and i agree, my husband and i both had a go at following the simple instructions but to no avail. Start making quality products. Im taking it back for a refund.

Purchased in March 2020 at safeway for $19.00.

Angela L.
Angela L.Western District, VIC

Ineffective.

Impossible to extend handle. Weak & flimsy broom & loose millet. Sorry I had not read a review before purchase. Tried to access instructions on extension but alas none offered by Vileda.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $19.00.

Jen
Jen

Absolute rubbish

The extendable handle needs actual vice grips to loosen it. It does not loosen easy at all, almost sprained my wrist following the instructions. The broom itself is terrible quality, with straw coming out of it all the time. I have to pick up the straw after sweeping....absolute rubbish

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $18.00.

This is the worst product I have ever purchased it has the straws fall out with every sweep.

I have always purchased straw brooms for years and very happy with the use I had from them. This is the first of this brand very disappointing. I will not purchase another one ever.

Robyn
RobynSouthwest, VIC

Poor quality

This product is definitely not up to standard as it falls apart very easily. [censored word removed] tufts of straw fall out continually while sweeping the yard - not impressed especially as price is quite high - never had a straw broom do this before in all of my 50+ years of using them - won't buy this brand again!

price and quality

Brooms & Brushes

Find out how Vileda Traditional Straw Broom compares to other Brooms & Brushes

Geoff
Geoffasked

how do you make the handle extend

robweb

You can't without tools, even though you are supposed to be able to. Most people I've heard of have used vice grips to twist the handle open. Useless product in my opinion. Waste of money.

Leonie T.
Leonie T.asked

Could you tell me where I can purchase a replacement Vileda Straw Broom head that screws onto the handle? I have so many handles as when the broom wears out I have to keep buying the complete broom.
Many thanks

robweb

I wouldn't bother. They are terrible brooms, with handles that are too hard to extend. I'd toss the handles and look for a different better brand altogether.

Sylvia jean D.
Sylvia jean D.asked

I can't even work out how to extend this broom, it's the most difficult thing ever

Jodi D.
Jodi D.

I just bought one how the HECK do you extend the stupid handle. Very frustrating

Bob
Bob

We put the handle in a vice grip and could then open it by twisting. It extends from the bottom

robweb

Bob - thanks for telling where it extends from. Putting so much force on the handle to twist it could break it if done in the wrong place. Terrible product.

See all Vileda Traditional Straw Broom questions