Vintec ALV40BVC / V40BVC

Date PurchasedApr 2015

TrickyO

TrickyO

COMPRESSOR GAVE UP - TOLD NOT WORTH REPAIRING

Purchased this both because it looks good and thought it was a reputable, quality brand. The Fridge started to cause my circuit breaker to go. I took it to a refrigerator repair shop and they told me the compressor (LG brand on it) had a leak in the sealed system and it would cost more to fix than the fridge was worth. So it;s now on the scrap heap.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
SA consumer

SA consumerAdelaide

terrible product... lasted 2.5 years

Paid top dollar thinking that these fridges were the best you can get.
Unfortunately after 2.5 years it now fails to keep temp and is as good as useless.
I think it might be better to buy a cheaper brand than this rubbish.
Feel very ripped off.
Never buying vintec again.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
PAV

PAVHope Island

My little Vintec keeps us cool & smiling

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Johnny

JohnnyAdelaide

Just out of warranty and has stopped working

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Stopped after 3 years and its a very typical issue

I've had my ALV40BVC fail just after the 3 years. After researching its a very typical issue and the gas leaks and the compressor needs replacing at a cost of $800+ just after warranty expires. They are loud, the door doesn't have magnetic closure so they can sit slightly open and you don't know. Beyond me why they can charge what they do for these fridges when any other cheapie fridges will last 10 years+.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Craig

CraigDarwin

Waste of Money

I have had two of these and both came to the same end. Unable to hold temperature and the compressor forced to run continuously. Thought the first one must have been a lemon but now realise that they are all lemons. These fridges should not be sold as you will be lucky to get more than 2 years out of them

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Does not do what it is supposed to

The fridge will not keep the drinks cold. It does not reach the stated temps, cannot keep the temp. What a waste of money. My mate bought two units and has the same problem.
I have now tested the Beverage Centre and the fridge operates at up to 6 degrees above what the fridges states, ie at 2 degrees it runs at 8 degrees

Nodrog

NodrogPerth, WA

Stopped cooling after only 3 months from new.

Cost a lot of money at $1499 so expected it to last a long time. After only 3 months it has stopped cooling completely (broken cooling coil) so thankfully was still under the 2 year warranty. Fridge was fixed but it took a lot of pestering direct to Vintec who sub this work out in WA. Cooling coil needed replaced after just 3 months. This model does chill beer and wine as opposed to the other review I saw and is controllable down to 2degC (when it's working). Overpriced given our Samsung split fridge/freezer c/w icemaker and 3 times the size cost only $300 more. There is not much to the product to justify the price with standard refrigerator compressor and coil and just cosmetics.

Kelly

KellyAdelaide

So noisy!

We love the look of this fridge and love that we have freed up some space in our food fridge in the kitchen by having a fridge just for our drinks. BUT its so noisy, it is at the point that it drives me crazy and I want to get rid of it. It's in our main living area and we have to turn the TV volume up. I have called Vintec twice about this and have been told this is because of the ambient temperature. It doesn't matter what the room temperature is, the motor kicks in and goes on every 20 minutes. And when it does, its extremely loud!!
The look
Too noisy

lifesgood

lifesgood

Wine only USELESS FOR BEER

Told by the retailler that this model Vintec beverage unit would be suitable as beer fridge (Model 40BVC) but on the maximum cold setting will not cool enough for a cold beer, My advice buy a $300 bar fridge instead and save your $$$$.
Or invite all your mates around for a "Warm One"
Looks good.
Won't chill cold enough for a "Cold Beer" in fact its useless