Vintec V30SGMEBK

• Internal Layout
  • Temperature Control

Tim

TimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a quality product. Failure costly.

Bought due to “perceived” reputation. Failed under 3 years outside warranty. Bought with Penfolds offer, some wines have outlasted the fridge. Left a lot of expensive wine in limbo. Would not recommend or buy other Vintec products. Steer clear.

Purchased in February 2017 at Dan Murphy's for $670.00.

Internal Layout
Temperature Control
Vintec
ELECTROLUX ..Vintec

Hi Tim,
We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

The CriticSydney, NSW

Do not buy Vintec

Internal Layout
Temperature Control

Small capacity if you store champagne

Have only owned for 3 weeks now. So far it has been a handy item in our household. It easily holds 18 bottles of champagne as the bottles are larger than the red wine bottles quoted for the maximum capacity. Unfortunately it has filled up rather quickly and so for longer term storage I will need to order a larger model. The first model arrived with scratches all over it - but the replacement model was fine.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

LadyJ

This model doesnt have a security lock. Other models also have an alarm if the set temperature changes.

LadyJ

I ended up paying approx $680 aud including delivery, but I have since noticed that winning appliances online sell for $616 including free delivery....much better deal!

The inevitable breakdown - Over to you Electrolux

I bought this product in 2015 and I agree with the other reviewers that it's a good product when it's functioning. However about a month ago we noticed that it wasn't keeping the selected temperature and I did some searching on the net for a solution. Looks like our's died of the same weak compressor construction. I have sent off the requisite request for an exchange or replacement, but not confident after reading Electrolux's warranty and replacement policy. Might be surprised.

Anyway if you want to spend about $700 for a device that works for 3 years then go for it.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Johnsp

Update. Well I'm pleasantly surprised. Electrolux came to the party. Well done and thanks for the replacement fridge.

NKo

NKo

First one worked for just over a year. Replacement never worked.

This product is great while it works but unfortunately our experience shows that isn't very often. Our first one lasted a bit over a year until the compressor packed it in. The reason given was that the piping used in this fridge gets corroded by the emissions when corked wine breathes. Slight oversight for a wine fridge. In fairness the customer service was pretty good and we got a replacement which unfortunately didn't work from the moment we plugged it in. Once again, customer service was good and we now have store credit. Unfortunately this product is a pig and you should not buy it unless you love speaking to customer service reps on the phone.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Jack

JackBlackburn Vic 3130

Coolant Leaking After 2 Years !

Bought 2 years 3 month ago, so just 3 month out the 2 year factory warranty, this Vintec wine cellar stop working, the setting temperature is 12 and display is always at room temperature. When turned it around I found green coolant liquid leaking from the back where the copper pipes are.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

cpalace

cpalaceStirling

Was perfect. Now won’t cool.

3 years old and suddenly won’t cool, despite the compressor/condenser being on constantly. I’ve read elsewhere of the same problem, with Vintec not being at all helpful. So now I have 3 dozen bottles of premium wine being kept at the wrong temperature. I would not risk Vintec ever again, and Penfold’s need to think twice before getting involved with this company’s promotions.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Alex C

Alex CBrisbane

Great for small collections

I would class this wine fridge as a beginner's wine fridge. Can hold up at 35 bottles. It's solidly built with wooden shelves which make it look much better than the cheaper alternatives with metal shelves. The wood also avoids the issue of labels scratching off the metal.

Comes with an invitation to join Vintec club which has several discounts from partner sites. Can get a little noisy when the compressor is working but never too loud to bother me. Have yet to see what the power usage is like.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Canberra DaddyKingston 2604, ACT

Works well so far but very cautious given other reviews of this product.

I have owned an earlier 35 bottle Vintec fridge (holds 32) which is 2 yrs old and working well - touch wood.

Before XMAS there was a 20% off sale on eBay & the Good Guys - took advantage & now has de 2 almost identical fridges. Both are working well & are as advertised. Quiet & accurate cooling - set at 15 Deg C.

Date PurchasedDec 2016