Virgin Active

Virgin Active (page 2 of 3)

• Rates and Fees

Mady

MadySydney

Cheap revenue raising tactics

Lilly

LillySydney

Virgin...Inactive!

Virgin Active Moore Park appears more concerned in increasing its membership instead of maintaining happy members. The lockers are a disgrace.....many are broken and they had the doors removed but these have now been replaced without being fixed....what message does that send to the members who pay for "world class facilities" (Virgin Active's words) whilst providing "third world facilities". And on top of this they have increased the fees....surely justification of the fee increase should be providing facilities in working condition.

Fee Increases

Been a member at Virgin Active Norwest since it first opened. The constant is the prices keep going up. The equipment and the cleanliness going down. Every year the prices increase. 25 % of the equipment is broken and does not get repaired or replaced. The cleanliness of the place is terrible. The floor staff are now non existent compared to 6 years ago. This company is not about members but is all about profits. They don't care.

Virgin Active Norwest.

I find the staff and the instructors extremely helpful and cheerful. Yes, fees are high, but what price do you put on your health? Cleanliness of gym is generally of a good standard. Majority of members are polite and respectful.

AmirSydney

Good facilities not good customer care

I am happy with the environment and facilities at Moorepark virginactive but after a week exercising I injured my back in a way that even couldn't walk. When I wanted to ask to freeze my membership for the period I was under medical treatment, they told me was not possible and reminded me terms and conditions. So you should predict your injuries and sicknesses before Sunday otherwise you are not able to freeze your membership for the incoming weeks after that and you should pay for it.

Good gym but no locker for recharge phone

I used to have membership with Fitness First, now I switched to Virgin because they have variety of Pilates class. However, they don’t have locker for recharging phone while I am attending the class. Also, they don’t help to keep my phone for recharging at reception while Fitness First does. It’s a good gym but it’s not worth for paying 35/week. I’m not happy about lack of modern locker in Virgin. Like small thing make me happy.

Don’t care about personal situations!!!

Reasonably new member to Norwest offer of classes is great but I work and occasionally I can not get a chance to cancel ... nobody cares there are no exceptions to rules virgin is simply out to make money ... nobody ever explained strike procedure figured that out by myself and no one really has time to discuss or make a resolution I have given up unfortunately I have signed up for 12 months don’t make the same mistake!!!

Louise

Louise

The staff are shocking

Equipment fine but you have to line up to get to use it. The staff are minimal and the customer service is non-existent.

Robyn

RobynMelbourne

Great options!

I love the variety of classes at virgin, Pilates reformer to anti gravity yoga, they have it all. The body composition scanner is so handy and I have never had an issue getting a treadmill even in peak times (which is an issue I have had at other gyms). It is definitely not cheap! But you do get what you pay for. It can get busy. The front desk staff are lovely, some of the PT staff are not super great. Definitely do make the most of my membership

johnboschen

johnboschenMelbourne

Used to be good

Main reason for joining Virgin Active was the classes, particularly Pilates. They used to have an excellent range of classes and instructors. One reason or another the instructors kept leaving and the variety of classes kept reducing. I have got to a point now where I am going to an alternative physiotherapist gym to attend classes (Pilates and strength training) as these are of a much higher standard. The gym is often crowded, gym equipment is often not maintained (spin class bikes) and equipment not updated (stretch bands, etc.). Overall, Virgin used to be excellent, but now I feel they have dropped the ball.

Peter

PeterSydney

Great Gym

Virgin Active is a great and modern gym. The staff is friendly and helpful. Classes are a great and trainers bring energy and fun to each classroom. The equipment is modern and gives you all sorts of entertainment options as well. The pool, sauna and spa area is great and gives great room to relax after a hard workout. Great place. The downside is the annual fee. Quite pricey.

Christy

ChristyMelbourne

Excellent Experience

I always feel excellent at Virgin Active. The staff are incredibly friendly and your group fitness instructors make every class something to look forward to. The regular Zumba instructor, Steph is a lot of fun and I always enjoy her classes and feel great about myself afterwards.

My only complaint is that there are not more classes, particularly between 6pm-8pm and after 10:30am on weekends.

Yode

Yode

It is a pretty gym but pricey.

KatieT

KatieT

Waste of time and money

I joined specifically to go to classes, as advised on my initial tour of the club. There are never any spots in any of the classes I am able to attend, I complained about this multiple times to the staff there and was always assured more classes were coming - they didn't. I went to cancel and was advised I have to pay the cancellation fee as well as another direct debit. They advised they are too big to cater for individual members needs, but not big enough to waive fee's when they did not hold up their end of the contract. If you want to actually be helped on your fitness journey, and not just be another face in the crowd, this is definitely not the gym for you.

MarkBAU

Don't believe a word of it...

Update....
I received a call from the Fitness manager. We had a chat about my situation and were able to come to a suitable agreement.
Thanks Virgin active.

SRT

SRTPendle Hill

Great service and wide range of classes

Great staff members
Wide range of equipments and classes.
No dramas while ending the contract
Costly than other gyms but then again you get more equipments and classes along with pool, spa and sauna.

Update : 09/08/2019 - Classes at some of the clubs are getting full way too soon. So unless you plan early its tough to get into popular classes

Andypoo

AndypooLane cove

Over-rated...

Good people and service but nothing special in terms of equipment, very expensive too, been to many gyms in my time.

Ang

AngMelbourne

Worst customer service ever!

So I went to look at the gym today in my corporate clothes before deciding whether to join or not and I was told to wait for a minute and someone would come and show me around. So after waiting 15 minutes and counting at least 8 staff who walked right past me or stopped to have a chat or a coffee, I decided to leave. The staff there didn't even try and stop me, they wished me farewell! Thanks [name removed] and friend for your awesome customer service #kidding in Collins St. today, you saved me a lot of money!

Mich

MichFrenchs forest

Con artist !

My daughter is a member and there was a special on if she signed up a friend she would get two weeks free and the friend would get $50 off the membership, in the terms and conditions it states that you have three months to sign up after your visit so we went there today after 3 weeks and they said oh no that ended on the 10th of April, we are 7 days to late even though the special started on the first of March, this does not make sense, were is the 3 months it should have finished on the first of June,they were so rude and not interested in any compromise, so we left without signing up, if this is what they are like before you sign up Imagine what they are like once you are locked in.

K V

K VSydney

Excellent gym - keep it a secret!