Virgin Active

Virgin Active

• Rates and Fees

Todd R.

Todd R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fraudulent direct debits and scamming sales staff! Avoid at all costs!!

The business could not meet the terms of the contract due to the pandemic but then try to charge you a $300 termination fee in breach of the contract terms of free cancellation if the gym closes for more than 30 consecutive days. Then they charged an additional $73 without authorisation and refused to refund the money. Reporting to consumer affairs and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Bondio Junction

Do not go to St Leonards

The gym has been great until recently when I called to cancel my membership. They insisted that I needed to go into the gym to fill out the "breakup form", however, I have told them that my mum has been to one of the locations mentioned on the news this morning to monitor your symptoms. They still insisted that I need to go into the gym to "sign" the document. No flexibility was given as they said that you need to have a special circumstance to be able to do this via email e.g. if you are overseas and cannot physically go into the gym.

They do not care about the safety and well being of their members.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extortion at its best

Membership fees are quite expensive which is substantiated partially by the great facilities.

Their payment terms are awful, putting memberships on hold are painful and hard.

I prepaid for PT sessions and they have kept the money with no refund or offer of providing them. I recommend d unless you’re up for a big bill and no flexibility that you look for another gym.

Jasmine

JasmineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SO ARROGANT!!!!!!!!

This idiotic gym threw out my newly drycleaned expensive coats amounting to $800 despite the fact that I rang them and told them to hold on to it. They just couldn't be bothered to do one simple customer service and hold on to it till I collect it!!

Jing Z.

Jing Z.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service

Virgin active looks good..but lacks aplenty

Virgin Active Poor Customer Service

I would not recommend this organisation to anyone. My son joined and then changed his mind only a day after the cooling off period had ended. I offer to take it over as I wanted to join and they would not allow it. So they have continued to steal my money for almost a year. My credit card was stolen and the last couple of payments before the year is up were not paid and they are now chasing me for the money. I could have taken over the membership and would have continued to renew it each year probably for years. They would have been making plenty of money from me. I wonder how may other people have been treated this way. I would never recommend them to anyone and intend to provide negative feedback at every opportunity.

Sydney0808

Sydney0808Sydney, NSW

Hotel California - ....you can check-in anytime you like but you can never leave.....

Melissa K

Melissa KSydney

It's a trap!

Cancelled antigravity program without any notifications

I enjoy antigravity classes at Moore park and I singed up for the yearly membership, but virgin active just cancelled whole program! It’s really disappointed!

Mady

MadySydney

Cheap revenue raising tactics

Fee Increases

Been a member at Virgin Active Norwest since it first opened. The constant is the prices keep going up. The equipment and the cleanliness going down. Every year the prices increase. 25 % of the equipment is broken and does not get repaired or replaced. The cleanliness of the place is terrible. The floor staff are now non existent compared to 6 years ago. This company is not about members but is all about profits. They don't care.

Virgin Active Norwest.

I find the staff and the instructors extremely helpful and cheerful. Yes, fees are high, but what price do you put on your health? Cleanliness of gym is generally of a good standard. Majority of members are polite and respectful.

Don’t care about personal situations!!!

Reasonably new member to Norwest offer of classes is great but I work and occasionally I can not get a chance to cancel ... nobody cares there are no exceptions to rules virgin is simply out to make money ... nobody ever explained strike procedure figured that out by myself and no one really has time to discuss or make a resolution I have given up unfortunately I have signed up for 12 months don’t make the same mistake!!!

Louise

Louise

The staff are shocking

Equipment fine but you have to line up to get to use it. The staff are minimal and the customer service is non-existent.

Robyn

RobynMelbourne

Great options!

I love the variety of classes at virgin, Pilates reformer to anti gravity yoga, they have it all. The body composition scanner is so handy and I have never had an issue getting a treadmill even in peak times (which is an issue I have had at other gyms). It is definitely not cheap! But you do get what you pay for. It can get busy. The front desk staff are lovely, some of the PT staff are not super great. Definitely do make the most of my membership

Peter

PeterSydney

Great Gym

Virgin Active is a great and modern gym. The staff is friendly and helpful. Classes are a great and trainers bring energy and fun to each classroom. The equipment is modern and gives you all sorts of entertainment options as well. The pool, sauna and spa area is great and gives great room to relax after a hard workout. Great place. The downside is the annual fee. Quite pricey.

KatieT

KatieT

Waste of time and money

I joined specifically to go to classes, as advised on my initial tour of the club. There are never any spots in any of the classes I am able to attend, I complained about this multiple times to the staff there and was always assured more classes were coming - they didn't. I went to cancel and was advised I have to pay the cancellation fee as well as another direct debit. They advised they are too big to cater for individual members needs, but not big enough to waive fee's when they did not hold up their end of the contract. If you want to actually be helped on your fitness journey, and not just be another face in the crowd, this is definitely not the gym for you.

SRT

SRTPendle Hill

Great service and wide range of classes

Great staff members
Wide range of equipments and classes.
No dramas while ending the contract
Costly than other gyms but then again you get more equipments and classes along with pool, spa and sauna.

Update : 09/08/2019 - Classes at some of the clubs are getting full way too soon. So unless you plan early its tough to get into popular classes