Virgin Active

• Rates and Fees
Cdogz

CdogzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

Great place to train, had a blast training here for the last year or so, best trainers hands down, not the cheapest but well worth it and lots of classes

Dean B.

Dean B.North Queensland, QLD

Great service, awesome gym

We where flying out of sydney on a late flight and had all our luggage, the reception staff put all our bags in a back room while we spent over 2.5 hours at the club.

Min

MinSydney, NSW

What can I say, I love my gym

Gyms

Find out how Virgin Active compares to other Gyms

jesstp

jesstpSydney

Best gym ever!

I've never been a fan of gyms, but I really like Virgin Active.

If you want a gym where everyone knows you by name, this probably isn't for you. If you want variety, they have everything from boxing, pilates reformer, yoga, barre and Les Mills and they are always coming out with new classes. Some gyms cost way more than you pay at Virgin, but with a lot less variety.

This is my third time back over the years due to moving locations for work. I'd love to give 4.5 stars, but only due to the lack of locations.

I have and always will highly recommend Virgin Active.

HairyMary

HairyMarySydney

Love It

Virgin Active Norwest.

I find the staff and the instructors extremely helpful and cheerful. Yes, fees are high, but what price do you put on your health? Cleanliness of gym is generally of a good standard. Majority of members are polite and respectful.

Robyn

RobynMelbourne

Great options!

I love the variety of classes at virgin, Pilates reformer to anti gravity yoga, they have it all. The body composition scanner is so handy and I have never had an issue getting a treadmill even in peak times (which is an issue I have had at other gyms). It is definitely not cheap! But you do get what you pay for. It can get busy. The front desk staff are lovely, some of the PT staff are not super great. Definitely do make the most of my membership

Peter

PeterSydney

Great Gym

Virgin Active is a great and modern gym. The staff is friendly and helpful. Classes are a great and trainers bring energy and fun to each classroom. The equipment is modern and gives you all sorts of entertainment options as well. The pool, sauna and spa area is great and gives great room to relax after a hard workout. Great place. The downside is the annual fee. Quite pricey.

Christy

ChristyMelbourne

Excellent Experience

I always feel excellent at Virgin Active. The staff are incredibly friendly and your group fitness instructors make every class something to look forward to. The regular Zumba instructor, Steph is a lot of fun and I always enjoy her classes and feel great about myself afterwards.

My only complaint is that there are not more classes, particularly between 6pm-8pm and after 10:30am on weekends.

Gyms

Find out how Virgin Active compares to other Gyms

SRT

SRTPendle Hill

Great service and wide range of classes

Great staff members
Wide range of equipments and classes.
No dramas while ending the contract
Costly than other gyms but then again you get more equipments and classes along with pool, spa and sauna.

Update : 09/08/2019 - Classes at some of the clubs are getting full way too soon. So unless you plan early its tough to get into popular classes

K V

K VSydney

Excellent gym - keep it a secret!

LJ588

LJ588NSW, 2756

great gym - highly recommend

this is the first and only gym i have/will ever join. it has everything we want and more. great lunch time classes and i have never had to wait for a machine. The personal trainers are friendly and support you to do your best. love the cafe (esp the ultimate V protein shake). I have brought along friends (members of other gyms) to try it out and they have all remarked how it is so much better than their gym - they just wish they could afford it. My justification for the cost is that you get a lot of gym for your money and it would spend more than the fee going to the shops (instead of working out).
lots of equipment, great classes, friendly staff, easy to jum online and book into classes.
expensive compared to other gyms

Khoa

KhoaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good gym (except the prices)

Friendly staff, good gym equipment, not a lot of crowds and thus you don't have to wait for your turn to use it! I enjoy the gym experience. However, I have to consider its costs. It has everything from swimming pool, spas, climbing gym. Highly recommended if your wallet is big enough!
Prices - among the most expensive gym memberships in Melbourne (last time I checked)