Virgin Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

1.7

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
Bob

Bob

Watch the fine print and never deal with these people again

Though the pricing was competitive, I missed the fine print and got dudded. I have been a rating 1 driver for decades and recently had my first at fault claim. I didn't read the fine print and was not advised that protect my rating 1, I needed to pay $2 per month or so. they told me about the windscreen but not this. So now they intend to take my rating down from a 1 to a 3. Don't waste your time with these sheisters.

MimiD

MimiDPerth

Very competitive in pricing !

I recently reviewed my car insurance, as it was up for renewal. I received quotes from AAMI, QBE, Allianz, Budget Direct and all, were at least, DOUBLE the price of the premium Virgin Car Insurance was offering. The choice was quickly made.. thanks Virgin Car Insurance for looking after me !

Taz

Taz

CAR INSURANCE AND TERRIBLE SERVICE

I called Virgin Car Insurance to get a quote on their comprehensive insurance and it has been the most arduous and frustrating 3 week process. I eventually contacted another insurer (Youi) who insured us on the spot and were over $60 a MONTH cheaper in insurance and didn't make me jump through hoops or provide photos before insuring the car.
I have now just called to cancel my policy and they have the audacity to charge me a $35.00 cancellation fee because it is outside cancellation time BUT IT WAS THEM THAT DRAGGED THE WHOLE PROCESS OUT AND HAD ME CHASING THEM.
Will never deal with them again.

Barrybtec

Barrybtec

Unacceptable and fraudulent

Laura R

Laura RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

wouldnt go anywhere else

I have comprehensive car insurance and had the need to use it the first time ever in my life lol. someone backed into me and caused a couple of thousand dollars damage. it was soooo easy. i called them, gave them the details, within a couple of days my car was booked in and repaired with a great company and great customer service. price is competative, you can adjust your policy to suit ur own needs and the customer support i have found to be great.

Rajan Dhawan

Rajan DhawanSydney, NSW

Good service

It was easy to set up and the product is very good and they provide it at very affordable prices, I would like to renew again with them , and you can get points on velocity frequent flyer too

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Money

TransparencyAU

Gross Incompetence - documents submitted 3x times, still being hassled..

They requested supporting information to be sent in order to validate NCD - documents were sent 3x times, still being asked for the same thing. They must be robotic. #FAIL #AVOID #HORRIBLE

Insurance claim madeNo

Customer service is a joke

After calling to make a simply claims inquiry I was told all about what they couldn't do. When asking how they could help with my question, I was told 'we can't provide advice'.... How does their CEO live with him/herself!

Insurance claim madeNo

Fast and efficient service on reparis

I was insured with YOUI and when it came time to renew YOUI increased the premium by a huge amount. Contacted Virgin and saved hundreds of dollars. When I had an accident in WA I contacted Virgin and the service has amazing. Here I was thinking because it was cheap I would not get the service. I was about to drive back to QLD and wanted to get the car fixed back home. By the time I arrived back in QLD all the inspection times were in place and a repairer was booked and ready to do the work. I was overly impressed with everything. Smooth and simple. Thanks

nick

nickmelbourne

Worst insurance company and bad customer service..stay away from them

Insurance claim madeYes

They'll cut you off if you make a claim.

I would highly discourage using Virgin. I paid extra for their no claim bonus protection, which enables you to make one claim a year without affecting your no claim discount. I made one claim when someone wrecked my bumper. They approved the claim, but then terminated Ng insurance policy with them, stating:
" unfortunately, we can not invite renewal because the combined claims and the offence/suspension history of one or more drivers falls outside our acceptance criteria."

Virgin is basically happy to grab your money if they are confident you won't make a claim. Make a claim and they'll cut you off.

Insurance claim madeYes

They charge alot alot alot of hidden costs

Just they do not tell you what you need to know and play woth words. Could not refund my money they send me letter and i did according the letter but they said the letter did not said or policy will be canceled it said it might be canceled which we didn't and you will be charged for an extra month.

Psy-Chic

Psy-Chic

Great Service so far

My car insurance was up for renewal. I have had the car insured since new (2012) with Youi. Last year they increased my premium by 50% despite no claims etc until I rang them and got it back to a few dollars more. This year I switched to Virgin Car Insurance. WOW!! What a difference!! The process was easy, the telephone consultant was local to me, the price was right....and even better...before my insurance actually becomes active I have already received a text message from them warning of a chance of hail....totally awesome service. Virgin and Apple are the best brands in the world - they have it right and have never let me down....sooooo happy with Virgin Car Insurance

LAUREN

LAURENGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst car insurance company - watch out

Very easy to claim, and very 4x4 friendly

Great insurance, insured off road no question asked. Great price, with set your own excess. Very happy with the service over the phone, this is the second claim on the same car. Would recommend to anybody.

Macek

MacekSydney

Is it legal?

Never received bonus points

Signed up with what was supposed to be 5000 Velocity points bonus. Points never came. Tried repeatedly to claim and follow up and was given the run around for several months. Now, after trying a Third time I have just been told it has been too long (more than 3 months) and can no longer claim missing points. Given what I have read below, I will surely be cancelling my cover as soon as possible. After having such good experiences with everything Virgin so far this has been a great let down!

Chelsea R.

Chelsea R.

It's been 2 months and I still haven't got my car back

I had an accident 2 months ago and they sent it to the wrong smash repairs. Found out 3 and a half weeks later and they FINALLY sent it to the right repairers. They took 2WEEKS to approve it and it was constantly LIE AFTER LIE about the process!!! We're family friends with the smash repairs and everything that the approvers claimed to have done was absolute lies!! They're terrible service, no help what so ever and a complete joke. I live in a rural area, no transport, working 5-6 days a week and I've been struggling to even get there, let alone, pay their REDICULIOUS excess fee !! Virgin insurance is unreliable, unhelpful and a complete joke and a complete waste of money.

Chris H

Chris HBrisbane

Beware travellers.

After having a car insurance policy with Virgin for 3 years I called them to change my address and just to double check with them that we were covered in every state, as we have a caravan and travel all of the time.
The girl checked with the underwriter, Auto & General, and called me the next day to let me know our insurance cover had been cancelled as they only cover the car for 4 weeks in a year for customers holidaying. I explained that I had told them at the start about our travelling and they had readily taken our money and was told if we had an accident in any state but QLD we were not insured. This goes for any company underwritten by A&G. (YOUI, Budget etc.) Be careful everyone and remember not to travel out of your state!!

ssn

ssnAU

This is so not Virgin. The department should be closed down, it hurts the image for Virgin