Virgin Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

1.7

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
ssn

ssnAU

This is so not Virgin. The department should be closed down, it hurts the image for Virgin

Insurance claim madeNo

Do Not Accept Any Service Without Any Paper Work Or Emails To Confirm.

I had my first accident and of course reported my accident. The whole time I was explaining their service made me feel like as if I wanted to crash and have an accident. They also said that they would take care of everything and would speak to the other party. I'm still getting emails to pay the full amount for the other party plus them direct debiting 99$ a month for a claimed policy? I have not received any paperwork or email stating what has happened or payment of excess. Over all rubbish. It seems like the only person that works there was "[name removed]".

Good luck to all those that have opened a policy with Virgin.

Insurance claim madeYes

Someone hit me and Virgin made me feel like a criminal

Insurance claim madeYes

Find out how Virgin Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Worst people for customer service - Bonus 5000 velocity points still not honoured since July.

Mick

Mick

Terrible

Was overseas, sold my car whilst gone on 1 sept. Got back 1 Oct, cancelled my policy, but they automatically direct debited right through to 29 Oct (end of billing month) even though I no LONGER OWNED THE CAR......seriously....cancel it....cannot be that hard.

Con people

Mung

Mung

Dodgy

Virgin car insurance are a [censored word removed] to deal with. My neighbour accidentally ran into my parked while while reversing out of his driveway. Bent the door and wheel guard in. I called virgin car insurance to deal with the problem and they ask me 100 stupid questions Its not even my fault and the [censored word removed] on the phone says there's a possibility of my own insurance costs going up because someone else hit my parked car.

NEVER AGAIN

NEVER AGAIN

Underhanded and deceitful

We took out a policy for new car. During conversation with Virgin discussed possibility of adult children driving car. Premium was too high so we did not take that option BUT they had asked us for the names of our offspring. When policy paperwork arrived they had been listed as "prohibited drivers". And we didn't even know this had been done. When we rang to cancel policy due to their deceit they advise we could cancel but would not get a refund!! NEVER deal with VIRGIN
nothing
deceitful practises

Worst insurance ever!!!!

This is the worst and the slowest insurance company!!!! I regret even joining it!!!! My vehicle has been in repairs for two months and they are still not done! They have showed me to be insufficient! Every single time I call in there service is never appropriate. The repair was approved but the authorisation for the parts takes forever. I have been stuck without a vehicle for two months and the Virgin Insurance doesn't seem to be bothered about the proceedings of my vehicle repairs. Trully disappointed by this company because I expected a much better service to be provided. They have been such a let down with the expectations of what their reputation should be!

Expensive, bad warranty service.

Aus2250

Aus2250Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Never again!

I went with Virgin, due to the price and service.
I had to lodge a claim and found the service of the call taker very nice, two days later my claims manager called and again she was nice.
The other day i missed a call from her and she left her number and extension to call her back, however every time i call it get a message saying she is busy and places me through to another person. All i want to do is speak to my case manager and not through someone.

Why have extension numbers if you dont let the customer use them!!

I'm very unhappy with the service i have gotten as of the other day, everyone i talk to gives me a different response and answer!
Low Price!
Bad customer service

NotHappyVirgin

NotHappyVirginSouth East Queensland, QLD

not happy virgin

$437 for Comprehensive Insurance. That’s great. I enquire about a daughter about to get her licence in 3 months what will the price be then. Response was 'can't quote on events in the future' there was no way I could even get an idea out of the consultant of what the price would be.
I then told him in desperation I had another dauhter (17) who will drive the vehicle. The premium went up to……….you ready………..$1252.39
I know you can't lie but hells bells how was I to get what I needed to know out of Virgins dodgy deceitful sales people.
RACQ $432.65 17 year old same premium $2300 excess or increase Premium to $570 $1650
price was ok
would not tell me what the price would change to when my 17 year old

21 days smashed car still smashed!

Hopeless, useless company, had a crash head on with an idiot coming the wrong way down a street into me, reported it, did all the paperwork they wanted (there is plenty dont believe the ADs)now 21 days later, my car is now out of rego and smashed and not road worthy and still waiting for A&G Insurance (Virgin uses these people) nothing has been done!! 21days!!! Stick with AAMI or GIO I would have had the car back by now!!!!
Cheap = nasty
Not enough space to tell all the woes, just avoid them!!

Not impress

Not impressWoodvale

Very Bad and Beware – Virgin Car Insurance is worst/nastiest than the rest of them!!!

Please beware “Virgin Car Insurance”. They are the worst insurance company you could possibly dealt with. After suffering and distraught over a stolen car, we suffered worst more from dealing with Virgin Car Insurance. They are despicable and treated their customer with total contempt and prejudice. We now cancelled my insurance all together with virgin.

chrisdi

chrisdi

monstajamz

monstajamz

speedy claism service and just ahd my first renewal which they have capped the price and honored the same price as the year before so i didnt have to shop around and need to make a small claim froma car park incident car was repaired and the porcess was easy and fast very happy withthe insurance
cheap and great customer service
no home and contents available