Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer

Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Virgin Money

Pros

Multiple Promotional Offers to choose from (see Details below)
$129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year
Earn Velocity Points at a rate of 0.66 points per $1 spent up to $1,500 per statement period

Cons

3.3% International Transaction Fee
Earn Rate drops to 0.5 points per $1 spent after the first $1,500 per statement period

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
redwineAU

Overall, a good credit card with good rewards

Terrible customer service

Basically I signed up to the card due to the 20K velocity points promotion. I received the first 10K points, but haven't received the 2nd 10K points for spending $X within 3 months. I spent that within the first 2 months. 7 months later, after numerous calls to the customer service line, and numerous attempts by the customer service rep to get the points allocated, and numerous times being told I will have them soon, I still haven't received the 10K velocity.

They don't live up to their promises. I have started looking for alternative solutions for credit cards linked with Velocity reward points.
1 velocity reward points for each $1 spent.
Customer service is terrible.

dave t78
dave t78brisbane

Appalling service - hopeless call centre

Barbara
Barbara
AdiW77Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never again!

Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Robert97
Robert97Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Completely shambolic user experience

johnf27
johnf27South East Queensland, QLD

nightmare with Credit Card Virgin

after many call`s numerous docs finaly got my card & transfered my balance ask for direct debit form 5 times no joy got 6 calls regarding non payment you have to send me an invoice as my internet link still do`s not work waiting on password /number now legal action over non payment final went to city bank & got the bapy number (comment thay think Virgin credit as a joke)

terrible service

Scared off, thankfully.

The call centre wouldn't even pick up so I could activate my card. After reading these reviews... I won't bother.

They also tried to scam me out of the 20,000 Velocity Points. After a email to the Australian Virgin Expert Centre, followed by a three week wait, I was granted the points if I activated my card.

One or two poor customer service staff is forgivable. However the entire CitiBank brand seems to have an attitude problem. I was refused to speak with a supervisor.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write in. You saved me from a major future headache.
Cool design on card.
Untrustworthy, terrible communication, arrogant.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020

Worst experience ever.

Impossible to get a statement.Staff agree with you and do nothing about it.Staff are all liars,tell you what ever you want and do nothing. I can not understand how a big company can treat customers so badly.Virgin Credit cards are worst I have ever delt with.I advise anyone not to go near this company.

They are terrible!

Mark49
Mark49Brisbane

Stay away!

JS_Sydney
JS_SydneySYDNEY

Avoid Virgin Money!!

virgin flyer credit card do not apply!

I fly with virgn every week and spend thousands of dollars per year with them and I cant even get a credit card approved! They state that all you need is to earn over a certain amount per year, which I triple that! and still got declined. I have a perfect credit rating and dont owe any debts. They would not tell me why it was declined and told me to apply again in a few months time. No way, i will not waste my time with an un helpful company.
Hello qantas! goodbye virgin!

everything. dont apply for this

Misleading Conditions for the High Flyer Card

drew76
drew76Perth, WA

Terrible

jane777
jane777AU

What a waste of valuable time!

2 for 1 flights = too much hassle

If you're getting this card for the savings offered by the "Buy a seat and get a second seat FREE", like I did, don't bother. It's a nightmare booking these flights and next to impossible to access low cost fares via this deal.
standard credit card, earn velocity points when used
process around booking 2for1 flights is a complete nightmare, not worth the time

Expensive card but good rewards if you like flying Virgin

I got this card for the complimentary 4 free flights a year, which you can get when you buy a domestic seat on Virgin. I was a bit worried they would be hard to redeem, like a lot of frequent flyer seats, but actually so far have found the process pretty easy and have not had a problem booking seats when I want them.

All up, great perks if you like flying Virgin. But be warned, don't be fooled into thinking this is a cheap card just cos its from Virgin. The interest rate is around 20% and there is a $99 annual fee, so definitely make sure you pay off your bill in full each month otherwise you will be paying way too much interest and the perks won't be worth it.
4 free flights a year offer is great
High interest rates and annual fee

Complete incompentence. Rude service. Unable to verify transactions. Caused me a lot of stress.

Lynn59
Lynn59Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I would not apply for another Virgin Credit Card Again!

First - no mailing address on the application form (that's why the post office has post office boxes!) - so we didn't get our card. After about 45 minutes on the phone we got through to somebody who had to reissue the card. Then, it had to be activated - called but it didn't go through. Called again then tried to use the card for PayPal - blocked. Called again - they activated it for EVERYTHING but PayPal. After ANOTHER call, still no internet activation code. And on top of this, it is SO hard to understand them. I'm fed up. I've never had so many problems with a credit card company. No more Virgin finance products for me. Stay away - use AMEX.
Being able to choose the color - that says it all.

Irene60
Irene60

Thanks to all who posted here. I think I'll stick with my Westpac Altitude Amex. At $295 it's not cheap but there are no hassles and great customer service.

Peter61
Peter61AU

I JUST DON"T TRUST THEM

A waste of time

Absolute waste of time. Worst customer service ever!

Don't do it!

Virgin win the top prize for the worst customer service in the world

Misleading T&C x 2