Vital Protein Pea Protein Isolate

Vital Protein Pea Protein Isolate (page 2 of 2)

• Taste
  • User IntentWeight Loss (2)
Scott Verney

Scott VerneySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great taste good value

Sapphire

SapphireSydney

New flavour terrible

I was so disappointed by the recipe change when I bought a new chocolate for my morning smoothies. Both my daughter and I threw out our drinks because they were sickly sweet and chemical tasting. We used to love starting our mornings with this product. Take out the thaumatin! One wonders if they even tasted their product before selling - the change is so horrible!

Jane Lisle

Jane LisleAU

Chocolate was better before flavour change

I was using the chocolate flavour for years and then they decided to change it adding stevia, yuk!, and something called 'monk fruit'. They call it Double Belgian Chocolate now. This new flavor is strong and cloying and sickly and doesn't resemble Belgian chocolate at all! It used to be a gentle flavour, not too overpowering. I'm pretty darn upset as my wonderful go-to protein fix is now utterly unpalatable. Sad me!

Protein Powders

Find out how Vital Protein Pea Protein Isolate compares to other Protein Powders

Was a great product until Stevia was added

This was a great product until Stevia has been included. Hate the after taste of Stevia and don't think this protein powder needs it added. Will not purchase again unless the Stevia is removed !

Pat DrainPerth, WA

New Improved is great

Love this protein powder especially the chocolate flavour and the new improved one is really good! I am getting older now and this is a great way to improve muscle and help with weight reduction. Include a banana as part of a balanced diet for a main meal or snack.

LovelyLaura

LovelyLauraSydney

Perfect protein for soy, dairy and / or gluten allergies

This is the best vegan protein powder on the market. The calorie to protein ratio is very competitive and it does not repeat on you the way that whey and soy based protein shakes do. I like the vanilla flavour the best and the coffee is also good. Mixes easily and works well for protein pancake recipes.

julie e

julie esunshine coast

Mix with things you love

I first tried this just with almond milk and one banana and didn't like it at all. It was grainy and the taste wasn't appealing. Since then I have experimented and have found combinations that work really well - 2 bananas, blueberries, some greens and cacao. It mixes up nice and thick and I am now really enjoying it. I have it after a workout and it keeps me full and energised until I eat again in 3 to 4 hours. I would recommend you experiment with it and the taste to see what works for you.

coedianna

coediannaGeelong

Terrible protein powder

I needed a dairy free protein shake, I chose to try Vital Protein, in the vanilla flavour. The taste is not pleasant, the worst part about it is that it doesn't mix well. Its very grainy, like drinking sand and nothing fixes it and the more you add the worse the flavour gets. Do not buy it. Not sure how well the product works though, seems to do okay, though I'd rather a dairy shake over this and just put up the stomach problems if I'm honest. The dairy shake I had before this one was much better.

Love It

Just started taking this. I am a vegetarian and needed to source extra protein. Love the taste of the vanilla and looking forward to trying other flavours.

brees

brees

love it!

Im vegetarian/gluten free/lactose free and cant get enough of this protein... originally when i first tried this i wasnt too keen on the taste but now my body craves it and i love the taste. Its strange how our taste buds can adjust over time! i have much more energy and muscle strength since drinking daily.. i have only tried the chocolate flavour i have 2 glasses a day mixed with water.

MY OPINION

MY OPINIONVictoria

Pea protein is great!

Much better than whey proteins. I'm vegetarian so I prefer this one as a protein supplement. Also, it doesn't upset my stomach like other proteins do. Mixes well in smoothies,yogurt and protein balls.
Coffee flavour is the best!

Taste 7/10, effectiveness 9/10

I'm lactose intolerant and I've been trying to find a protein shake that will be a quick, easy, filling breakfast before work or uni. I had the vanilla shake this morning and the feeling of fullness is noticeable!
The flavour, compared to other shakes, isn't as good (not as sweet) but it's not bad either, it's just different, but much better than the stomach cramps and diarrhoea the dairy based products gave me.
Filling, decent flavour, easy to digest, lactose free.

BrookeSydney, NSW

Dislike

Taste like peas, both vanilla and choc flavour are too thick. They stick to throat. It is drinkable but not a good flavour if you want to use it in a protein cake mix. It is gross and I only have it if I have too. Anyone have any better ideas for flavouring cake besides fruit substitutes or coconut flour. I am looking for healthy substitutes?
not undrinkable
you can taste the peas

mummyreview

Add a banana and some choc sustagen, seems to mask the pea flavour.

mummyreviewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Taste palatable and very natural.

Vanilla flavour mostly masks pea taste. Smooth texture and easily used in drinks and baking. Used to supplement diet during Hyperemesis illness in pregnancy. Recommended by dietician and pharmacist as a safe protein supplement in pregnancy as per their recommendations. Would certainly consider purchasing again if still indicated for health reasons.
Safe in pregnancy. Natural and high % digestible protein gram/gram.
Texture and taste but probably due to current taste aversions.

megan1