Vodafone Mobile Broadband

Listing monitored by Vodafone Australia

John W.
John W.South-Eastern Region, NSW

No service at all to complain about now in 4th day

Connectivity poor at Batemans Bay NSW. Data has now been down into 4th day with no apology, different stories, fixing equipment breakdown in two towers, upgrading two towers or "we are working on it" with no indication of likely restoration date. I am old with limited mobility, rely on phone and internet for calling emergency services like ambulance and doctor, taxis and ordering food deliveries. Of course the QR Code for signing in doesn't work either.
Well we will extend your credit by a week. Thanks but I would rather be able to use my phone.

• Incentivised Review No
Dean M.
Dean M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Do yourself a favour and avoid!

Honestly I have no idea why I even gave Vodaphone a shot. They used to be terrible and this was like 10 years ago. I figured enough time had passed to give them another go and wow was I wrong. Constantly finding areas with no reception or extremely poor connection and I live smack bang in the middle of Canberra. Its just too unreliable it sucks. Do yourself a favour and avoid.

Scott
ScottMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor connections too many times a week to live online racing/gaming. Mobile service is fine

I will be looking to ditch their service to me asap..... too many times a week i cannot connect to online racing games & this is purely due to poor speed and quality connection! My mobile connection while in the house is fine but this system 9-10m away from the router is rarely connecting

Antjay
AntjayRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible choice for gaming !

High packet loss and an erratic wildly fluctuating ping make for a very frustrating gaming experience .
For video streaming it's not so bad but for gaming , forget it .
Connection speed seldom better than 70% of the quoted rate .
For gaming , I have to use my phone (not vodaphone) as a mobile 4g hot spot.
The modem comes with 4g back up should you lose your NBN connection , this is what sold me on the brand , but reception on the vodaphone network is poor in my area so it's not really much use .

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Vodafone Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Rob
RobSydney, NSW

Speeds weren't too bad recently, but now TERRIBLE!

Feb.2020 : Over the last few months, I've noticed that most times I can only get a one(1) bar connection..to my Dell computer. And I'm on the 6th floor of a unit in sight of the North Sydney CBD. I have pocket wifi, & started with V'fone in May 2018. NOT with the NBN..thank goodness! Maybe w. the merger w. TPG now getting the 'green light' from the courts, speeds/connections will improve. Here's hoping...

• Incentivised Review No

I would stay away!

Please don’t bother. Connection is intermittent and extremely slow. They can be cheap because they reduce costs of your mobile phone plans as well to sell you on the plans. But seriously.... it’s not worth it. You’ll just have to fight to break the contract. There’s no point in having unlimited data if it’s slow and doesn’t connect when you need it to.

• Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
John
JohnSydney

Data just disappears

Hi i must say lately my data with Vodafone has been dropping like crazy rang to complain and got told i can put in an investigation in or take one gig data and basically shut the hell up very rude staff not listening to what I’m saying just going off about stuff they’ve been coached to say hopefully they can sort it out and very funny how I’ve experience this sudden drop in my data in the last week or so and yesterday 7/12/2018 from about roughly 5/5.30 in afternoon Vodafone was out nonone could use any internet services it went for about 2/2.5 hours between I noticed it anyway around the 5ish in afternoon till about the 7.30/7.45pm no explanation either thanks Vodafone...

• Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Clint B
Clint BQueensland

Slow delivery

Octavia
OctaviaMelbourne

Don't use if you travel

Vodafone has gotten better in populated areas, but if you travel through bush, outback, offroads, etc don't use Vodafone. Their coverage is quite random and poor in rural areas. However if you live near a city you shoukd be fine.

Muhammad A
Muhammad APerth

Bad Price and Bad service

Probably one of the worst mobile broadband companies. I had a prepaid service and they had just cut the service of it without me knowing! Even so the internet speeds weren't good and the coverage was very limited compared to telstra.

Leena
LeenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad reception

I have been using postpaid $50 plan since 3 has transferred to Vodafone.
Customer service support teams have knowledgeable staff and attentive but product both internet and phone reception are bad in Australia.

Inside ground floor city apartment in Sydney, upstairs next block to the park with lots of tree in Melbourne inner city, Tullamarine freeway, Tullamarine Airport concourse, ordinary houses I got both internet and phone reception zero bar to none like disabled million times as usual.

Their reception is good in Asia and that is all about it.

• Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Great service but a Gig guzzler

As I come back to Australia for s few months in the summer every year I opted for the Pochet WiFi mobile broadband service but if I do the comparison with my phone combo service that I pay for on a monthly basis it becomes obvious that the mobile broadband is chewing up data at a much faster rate for the identical use.
I understand the convenience factor which is why I choose to have it rather than tethering from my phone but I don’t see why the mobile broadband user should be penalised in such a stealth like manner.

Nic
NicSydney

Good, not great...

Heidi Reid
Heidi Reid

Easy to use - too bad there is almost no reception or signal.

I have an older deal that is only $20 for 4gb. I don't use the internet a great deal from home, but when I do, I think I should have more than one bar of reception...I am in the Sydney metro area.

• Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Passable - when it works.