Vodafone TV

Vodafone TV

See the Best Networked Media Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vodafone Australia

Infuriating

I've owned it for about a year and think I've spent more time turning it off and on to try forcing it to reconnect. I've got it plugged in and speed testing at 360mbps and it drops off about once every 10 mins, takes about 5 goes to reconnect and sometimes just glitches out to the point where you can't turn it on or off, just a black screen with a white light on the box and won't do anything. It's terrible

Purchased in March 2020 at Thr1ve for $99.00.

Paul A
Paul A

Terrible, terrible, terrible...

Bought a Vodafone TV to improve picture quality....what a joke...
I have 900mbs internet connection and connected box via ethernet cable.
Picture was blurry and colours were over saturated.
Thought this would be a huge improvement versus standard aerial but result was really disappointing.
TV picture streaming from Apple TV was much better.

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $149.00.

melmoth
melmothNortheast, VIC

Vodafone TV Box running AndroidTV 9

This worked well for about six weeks before picture quality took a dive with colours especially way off the mark. I will send it back if I cannot fix it. Apparently now discontinued! AndroidTV has been rebranded as GoogleTV probably to reduce confusion with the Android phone OS.

Purchased in July 2020 at Vodafone for $72.00.

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Replaced my fetch mini

I started with fetch and have done for years, purchasing a VTV for the bedroom soon purchased another to replace the fetch mini. The remote works much better and it's easier to navigate. Only negative is the TV program guide does not update until you go to that channel.

Purchased in August 2020 at Vodafone for $72.00.

Darren
DarrenMelbourne

Doesn't work with NTFS

Useless for me because it doesn't support video files larger than 4gb. It would have been a perfect kodi media player. But if you just want it as a TV tuner for a projector or something, it will work fine.

Purchased in May 2020 at Vodafone for $72.00.

ninkasi
ninkasiMelbourne

Bought one, then bought a second. Enough said.

Purchased in September 2019 at Vodafone for $72.00.

Tatts
TattsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works OK a bit quirky at times

Works OK some times need to restart to get Video Right (Might be the older tv it is connected to)
Netflix, Stan, Disney+ and catch up works well, TV Tuner and TV Guide a bit slow but for $69 (Now $72 i think) good value for a genuine Android TV BOX
Also streams great from my media server.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vodafone for $69.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Android TV 9 Pie update killed it!

Amongst many other bugs, the latest update has removed the use of its USB for NTFS formatted external hard drives. Now useless to me and have requested a refund. Avoid!

Purchased in June 2019 for $72.00.

Zed
ZedSydney, NSW

Speed Test results poor

Box does what as advertised

Only Issue, speed is not good as PC I did speed tests thru Puffin browser and speed test apps

Tried both Ethernet and Wifi and get the same results

Purchased in October 2019 at Vodafone for $79.00.

Wish I never had

I have had to contact them a number of times. I am using a wifi connectors and these seam to have a extremely limited range of 10 Mtrs and continue to drop out and loose connection add to this a lot of the content I wish to record wont record. Also forwarding and rewinding functions are not user friendly.

Terrible product and service.

Terrible product and service from Vodafone Macarthur store. The manager was extremely rude and unhelpful. Did not give a refund. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. If faulty, and it is most likely, they will send for repairs or give a replacement. Waste of time and money.

Purchased in June 2019 at Vodafone for $72.00.

This is perfect!

I am very much satisfied with the service and as well as the product also. The rates and packages are reasonable and the quality of the product is very good

Avi
AviCanberra 2600, ACT

Good product by vodafone

Vodafone TV box is good to use and have more features and smoothness while using it on any sort of TV. I will Highly recommended to others to buy that product.

Rod
RodSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with Vodafone

Very disappointed with this as when we got the receiver, wont work. Was told to take to our local branch in Carnes Hill branch. When we got there, they told us to go to Liverpool branch. Went there but they told us to contact Vodafone and get a receipt number.Rang them and was transfered from one person to another and wanted us to pay. After nearly 2 hours, we managed to arrange one for free which we are still waiting. Very disappointed with Vodafone.

Purchased in April 2019.