Vodafone

Vodafone Questions & Answers

1.6 from 1,799 reviews

26 questions from our users

I've been with Vodafone for a long period of time and have had four plans with them. Vodafone customer care had removed my plans discounts after having a long discussion that's when they were convinced to give the discount back. Also they do not keep their promises what they said also I had a NBN100 premium connection but I didn't get more than 20 Mbps.

Was anyone offered free cancellation of your service with your last bill given free of charge from Vodafone due to their inability to provide service to your area?
not that i can remember,,,,,I was never given a Bill when i changed providers... I received a Final Warning Payment of $112.95 or else they would send the account to the Collection Agency that would stuff up my Credit Rating ....to me they are a bunch of Scumbags....

Why was i charged $112.98 .for leaving Vodafone? ???

Whats the $5a day roaming plan like with vodaphone to use in the u.k. and europe as im with optus they under scutiny offer it but 100% more in cost , anyone used vodaphone is it worth it?
I'm not sure as I don't use roaming sorryHave used Vodafone on roaming overseas and painless process. Check bf you go that they have partnered in that country or you will pay dearly. If agreement is in place it will cost you no more than $5 per day, unless you go over your allocated data. Have used roaming now in Hong Kong, and New Zealand. All good. Recently was in South America and knew they partnered with Chile. All good. No extra.Thank for your reply good to know thanks

What is the meaning of account changes and credits?

Does the new phone feeling every 12 months include iPad plans as well? Like after 12 months can u upgrade the tablets/ iPads on plan too

Has any one else had this problem? I have constantly tried to inform Vodafone that I pay my account every month with more than what I am actually charged butttt for some reason on the Vodafone app it doesn’t come up I have had my phone cut off and told I have to pay money up front to get any where.. even though I’m a customer and I have statements to prove I have paid up to date I recently stopped paying monthly because I’m sick of being told I owe when no one will help me sort out the actual problem.. I thought Telstra where bad well Vodafone you have done well cause your just a rip off scums

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??
Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one outIt must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.You can visit some other VF store whenever around and ask for a blank SIM for free. or Call 1555 for free frm VF mobile. Clear verification and place a request to deliver a blank SIM. Once you have the blank SIM for the a sim size of your phone, you can visit VFf website and on support page type SIM swap or replacement, select online SIM swap. This will work only if your current SIM is active or else prefer visiting store with ID proof.

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

i have visited the nearest vodafone store with my passport to have my phone activated after having my phone repaired and a new sim card only to be told it cant be done because the passport number did not match, can you please tell me what else i can do to have my phone reactivated.thank you
If you have other forms of ID like bills, sosial security card, Medicare, key card then take them to your nearest store and this should be enough. If that fails you can arrange a photo ID key pass at your local police station for about $30. They cannot refuse photo ID.

What's vodaphone mobile coverage in the country?
I suppose not that good.Coverage just means the area your phone will work in

How is Vodafone for reception?
My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower. Have to go outside to stop drop outs. Had a rate change early feb 2018. Did not go well. Got ripped off. 40.00 for 30GB. Cannot drop vodafone. All talk and LIP service.Folks nickname it vodafail with good reason Calls are terrible and data is even worse Put it this way - when I was with Vodafone prepaid - I ended up getting peed off and smashing the mobile phone to pieces then switching carriers

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????
yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?
Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.

Why when I am trying to pay my overdue bill you still threaten to block my incoming calls and continue to charge for services that you won't let me use? Until now I thought Vodafone was the best.
This answer is simple. Pay your account before it becomes overdue. Or call to set up a payment arrangement. Simpleget staff that can do there jobs. in the 20 years iv been with mobile carriers vodefone has the worst service iv ever had iv told all my friends about the lousy service to go els where as the numbers are changed the mines of my whole bowling team they told their friends and so one. 100 == 1000 1000= 10,000 =100,000 = 1,000,000 customers? do as telstra did fix it first the first time, better customer service, ask the customer what we can do to fix the problem not wait months, to finaly get where you are now that should of been done in the first place. if is not fixed first then customers will go els where?. i will never ever use vodafone ever again i thought they were good but they have not pleased me in there service, products, very sloppy service, no customer service, products never work properly, will never use a other mobil phone ever again since the experience iv got from vodafone?.Im sure vodafone are glad that you went to Telstra, you can pay $50 more for 50% less, Its customers like you who want want want want...... give me give me give me..... Im loyal Im loyal Im loyal..... im special im special im special give me credits!!! have fun with your new provider

Anyone else having problems since TPG changed their carrier from Optus to Vodafone? I'm finding Vodafone coverage extremely poor even in capital cities. At this stage I would not recommend them. Has there been lack of service in recent years? I was with Vodafone about 10 years ago and could travel from Sons home Coast to Victoria with complete coverage. Now there is incomplete coverage on Hume Highway and even on Barton highway 25 km from Canberra there is no signal. Very poor for solo travelers.
is the same i had nothing but the run around with vodefone went to tio then they only offerede 100.00 of my $1,000 contract wased $800.00 in cost no phonservice in 8 months of the 12 months could not repair phone still paying of the phone i do not have iled suit agains vodefone. WOULD NEVER RECOMEND VODEFONE SERVICE TO ANY ONE EVER. TELL EVERY PERSON I KNOW ALL 10,000 OF THEM AT MY BUSNESS?.

Hi! We are considering changing to Vodaphone but are unsure if their reception/data speeds are good on the Central Coast? Would really appreciate feedback from fellow Central Coasters!
Hello voeafone are fantastic if not better than the other teocos in metropolitan areas. If you live rurally go with someone else. To he a happy customer understand your contract and monitor your usage. If your still unsure try a Vodafone prepaid firstI had nothing but, trouble with Vodafone prepaid so I switched mobile phone carriers - I would recommend not to bother with, Voda failDON'T DO IT As much as I have found Telstra to be the ABSOLUTE WORST of all the telcos, in every sense, I fully regret changing from them, their coverage foreign supreme Unfortunately

I'm an Optus customer and considering changing to Vodafone but I'm concerned that the phone service may be behind that of Optus. Would you say they are comparative or poorer?
Hi, I'm in fact with Vodafone. I have found the service is slightly better and better value for money. I would recommend them.Read the comments about Vodafone. All I can say they are unreliable! Don`t do it!Vodafone are a fantastic telco to be with. All the negative comments are from customers wanting a free plan and free phone. If your monitor your usage and understand your contract you will be very happy with vosafones customer service and coverage

Why can't psn connect with Vodafone?
There is too much hassle, Dont even try!

Get an answer from our members and Vodafone representatives