Vodafone

Vodafone Questions & Answers

1.6 from 1,881 reviews

31 questions from our users

dandeasked

With the rollout of new prepaid plans, can my credits from txt/talk plan(both dollars and free minues) be transfered to pay-go? Over the last 10 years I saved up around 250 dollar worth. Would not like to lose that.

Hasitha
Hasitha

Hi Dande, I’m not sure about this. I was with a post paid plans in Vodafone. I have never had a plan that rolled over data.

dande

If there are some official Vodafone staff answering questions here?

Renan T.

Renan T.asked

My plan has expired 6 months ago & got charged for the monthly bills of approx. $80.00 which I never used. I have asked to close down the account, but why are you still charging ? The sim card is blocked for that period of time too..unfair!!!

fred f
fred f

Barb J.

Barb J.asked

What should I do ???One if there team members gave us the wrong insurance didn’t say there was 2 options so we just assumed one insurance covered everything, so now 6 months later phone been stolen and they won’t cover it as it’s not on right insurance so the team member obviously had no idea what he was doing I’m going to fight this because it’s there fault for misleading information

Jon.F

Do I need photo ID to buy a blank SIM card from Vodafone

ChrisE
ChrisE

Hi
I went from a micro SIM to a nano SIM for a new phone without any problem
The store did not even charge me for the SIM.
However, I did show them my phone which was on the Vodafone network, but they did not actually ask to see it.

Ash J.

Ash J.asked

I've been with Vodafone for a long period of time and have had four plans with them. Vodafone customer care had removed my plans discounts after having a long discussion that's when they were convinced to give the discount back. Also they do not keep their promises what they said also I had a NBN100 premium connection but I didn't get more than 20 Mbps.

Brendan

Brendanasked

Was anyone offered free cancellation of your service with your last bill given free of charge from Vodafone due to their inability to provide service to your area?

Errol  Ash
Errol Ash

not that i can remember,,,,,I was never given a Bill when i changed providers...
I received a Final Warning Payment of $112.95 or else they would send the account to the Collection Agency
that would stuff up my Credit Rating ....to me they are a bunch of Scumbags....

Errol S.

Errol S.asked

Why was i charged $112.98 .for leaving Vodafone? ???

Lis

Lisasked

Is there an issue with Vodafone internet website and contact number? They need my payment. Cannot pay due to any connection. Please help.

headasked

Whats the $5a day roaming plan like with vodaphone to use in the u.k. and europe as im with optus they under scutiny offer it but 100% more in cost , anyone used vodaphone is it worth it?

EvilBoyAU
EvilBoyAU

I'm not sure as I don't use roaming sorry

hellie53
hellie53

Have used Vodafone on roaming overseas and painless process. Check bf you go that they have partnered in that country or you will pay dearly. If agreement is in place it will cost you no more than $5 per day, unless you go over your allocated data. Have used roaming now in Hong Kong, and New Zealand. All good. Recently was in South America and knew they partnered with Chile. All good. No extra.

head

Thank for your reply good to know thanks

Gabriel L

Gabriel Lasked

What is the meaning of account changes and credits?

Mrkerry

Mrkerryasked

Does the new phone feeling every 12 months include iPad plans as well?

Like after 12 months can u upgrade the tablets/ iPads on plan too

Chook

Chookasked

Has any one else had this problem?
I have constantly tried to inform Vodafone that I pay my account every month with more than what I am actually charged butttt for some reason on the Vodafone app it doesn’t come up I have had my phone cut off and told I have to pay money up front to get any where.. even though I’m a customer and I have statements to prove I have paid up to date I recently stopped paying monthly because I’m sick of being told I owe when no one will help me sort out the actual problem.. I thought Telstra where bad well Vodafone you have done well cause your just a rip off scums

JohnTasked

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??

Joanne

Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one out

JohnT

It must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.

A. K
A. K

You can visit some other VF store whenever around and ask for a blank SIM for free. or Call 1555 for free frm VF mobile. Clear verification and place a request to deliver a blank SIM. Once you have the blank SIM for the a sim size of your phone, you can visit VFf website and on support page type SIM swap or replacement, select online SIM swap. This will work only if your current SIM is active or else prefer visiting store with ID proof.

Sammie

Sammieasked

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

yannis

yannisasked

i have visited the nearest vodafone store with my passport to have my phone activated after having my phone repaired and a new sim card only to be told it cant be done because the passport number did not match, can you please tell me what else i can do to have my phone reactivated.thank you

Joanne

If you have other forms of ID like bills, sosial security card, Medicare, key card then take them to your nearest store and this should be enough. If that fails you can arrange a photo ID key pass at your local police station for about $30. They cannot refuse photo ID.

Danny G

Danny Gasked

What's vodaphone mobile coverage in the country?

Madan
Madan

I suppose not that good.

Joanne

Coverage just means the area your phone will work in

Trilly H

Trilly Hasked

How is Vodafone for reception?

Mick
Mick

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

Konewone
Konewone

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

brian
brian

Folks nickname it vodafail with good reason
Calls are terrible and data is even worse
Put it this way - when I was with Vodafone prepaid - I ended up getting peed off and smashing the mobile phone to pieces then switching carriers

Sharon Mundieasked

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

robbie
robbie

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

DrQwerty
DrQwerty

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Sharon Mundie

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

albert

albertasked

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

matthew
matthew

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.

Get an answer from our members and Vodafone representatives