Vodafone

Vodafone (page 2 of 89)

1.6 from 1,773 reviews

Poor experience

Very poor service at Vodafone chermside. Have been a customer for sum years now. My contract was over and was going to sign with them again and was told incorrect information by the rep when I told him Optus has a better deal would you match it and Telstra is giving the same deal. He advised me that they were lease plans which was incorrect as I knew for a fact they weren't. He also advised me that the current s10 was 5g future proof, which again I had to correct him. Vodafone please train your staff better and have better product knowledge. Also stop lying about other Telco plans. GET your facts right. Telstra gets a new customer!!

Plan Cost per Month: $100.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB

Great service at Vodafone Cronulla

Called into the store last week looking to transfer from Telstra. Samuel was the sales attendant at the time and was very helpful. Definitely better value than Telstra. I walked in with no appointment, got served straight away.
Thanks for your patience Samuel
Lori

Laughable “service”

I’ve been with Vodafone for the past 11 years. When my phone gave up I tried to upgrade online when I was informed that I had $20 owing from an account that I was unaware of that was closed in 2016 ( when I upgraded in 2016 they started a new account instead of just upgrading the current account). In store I told them I’d pay it off so I can go ahead with my upgrade, to which I was informed that I need to pay it off over the phone with the dept recovery department. After being on hold for 10 minutes an automated voice tells me they are closed and I’ll have to call back another day. I had the iPhone XS picked out with $180 in accessories that I was paying for in cash. After 2 hours and with no working phone and needing it for work over the weekend, I’m told by staff in store that I can’t do the upgrade and there’s nothing more they can do until Tuesday due to the public holiday when the $20 dept can be cleared. With no working phone and no choice I have gone next door to another provider, informed them of the situation which they found pretty stupid and were more than happy to sign me up. I know I’m only one customer so they won’t miss me too much, but after spending over $10,000 over the years with a provider it’s really disappointing and pretty laughable that they didn’t really care that they were loosing out on a contract worth over $2000 and accessories at $180 over a $20 dept that I wanted to pay off but apparently couldn’t.

replacement of faulty device

I've been with Vodafone since my very first original "brick" mobile so that's quite a few years ago and have stuck by them as a loyal customer ever since therefore I updated my phones every 2-3 years and have always had success till my latest purchase in 2018 the samsung galaxy A5 which unfortunately only lasted 12 months due to having moisture in my porthole I took it back to the store I purchased it from at Burleigh Stocklands shoppping centre Qld and unfortunately the staff there were not helpful at all but rather rude and said there was nothing they could do for me. I then took it to the store at the Pines shopping center where a lovely staff member Jacob had a total different attitude and was more than helpful to try and help me by sending my device away to the samsung repair center but he did warn me that the kind of damage my phone had there might not be a resolution because my waranty did not cover it, so anyway I wasn't expecting any good news, but a couple of weeks later I received a phone call from the vodafone repair team letting me know they were more than happy to replace my phone with a brand new device and it will be delivered to the Pines store where the lovely Jacob had taken the time to sit down with me and fill out the required paperwork needed to send away with the damaged phone. I am very grateful to Jacob and Vodafone for the replacement device and I guess it really does come back to being loyal and having the loyalty in return, thank you vodafone.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Store Locationburleigh stocklands shopping centre qld

Book and appointment with a psychiatrist before calling their customer service

Customer service keeps forwarding you to another department where you have to identify yourself and introduce your problem again. This can happen uptown 5 times on a single call.
Customer service will very professionally educate you about the various departments and their responsibilities when they tell you it's someone else's problem.
Get ready for a roller coaster ride of frustration

Plan Cost per Month: $90.00

False Promises by Vodafone

They promise better network, upgrades in network towers but from last seven years they are unable to provide better network in Western Suburbs (Tarneit/Truganina), City and Docklands. Vodafone fails in satisfying customers with Network issues and customer service. Vodafone has confirmed the network issues and upgrades happening in these areas, and they don’t have ETA. They only apologies and keep charging your monthly payments or resolves all the issues by providing small amount of credits back to the customer but not fulfilling the promises they have made, which doesn’t help in getting better service. Almost 95% of my calls made or received I have to repeat myself or call fails. Customer’s dissatisfaction is grown but no action taken. People who are facing issues with Vodafone please need to raise voice for a better service.

Plan Cost per Month: $200.00

Very behind the other 2 mobile carriers

Horrible service when calling those clowns overseas, they keep telling me to call the George St store in the City to organize an appointment to have my phone replaced, but they dont have contact details for stores, nor do they have that number anywhere to be found, so I need to risk going all the way to the city to be told we dont have the phone in stock. Reception absolutely sucks and it isn't even cheaper like it used to be.
Just lacking common sense. Optus and Telstra are rolling out 5g, and Vodafone is still trying to get 3g to work in some places

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only

Bad service and very bad internet.

I joined Vodafone after 3 days of very bad internet I and reception rang customer services got the runaround, 30 day satisfaction guarantee they refund your money rubbish! they kept my money then sent a bill for $8 dollars for porting my number to another provider when I left after 1 week. Used a boost even with full reception still very slow to no internet

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB
Store LocationOnline

Super disappointed services

I joined Vodafone as prepaid subscriber since Nov 2018, yet on late Jan this year I've been offered a postpaid package. I took the 12-months plan with high expectation that the level of services will be better or at least maintained. Unfortunately, what I got is a lower quality services.

As postpaid subs, I suppose to check my balance & usage through their apps MyVodafone.
However since day-1 as postpaid subscriber, I could not create my account in MyVodafone for an unknown reason thus the services level that I should get through MyVodafone is totally unreachable.

I have complained 3 times for this issue, Vodafone customer service always came with same promises that it is escalated to technical team & will be resolved soon. The reality is until today, it's still not resolved & they never come back to me with any update nor resolution. I don't understand how super difficult it is to resolve this account creation issue in MyVodafone. I'm super disappointed with this & would not recommend Vodafone any longer.

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Store LocationVodafone - Altona North

Not happy

I've been with Vodafone for a long period of time and have had four plans with them. Vodafone customer care had removed my plans discounts after having a long discussion that's when they were convinced to give the discount back. Also they do not keep their promises what they said also I had a NBN100 premium connection but I didn't get more than 20 Mbps.

Plan Cost per Month: $273.00

Excellent service Vodafone Brookside Qld

Moved my mobile service over to Vodafone today after being with another supplier for 15 years. Jackie was professional and gave clear information. Highly recommend her and this Vodafone outlet

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB

Very very poor network

Even data wont work properly. I have been so annoyed with it. Data is too much slow. Very very poor network. You guys should improve otherwise no one gonna use Vodafone in future.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:32 GB
Store LocationRockdale

plans over still charging $80 for 12 gig

look service is fine data is slow during the day in the city same with most networks after work hours its fast again
what got me is i have been with them for 5 years bills all ways paid etc contracts over and plan doesn't get cheaper still charging $80 for 12 gigs i call and they said they Do not change your plan but now that i have called they can offer a cheaper plan no thank you i am going to another company.
how many people are over paying for a service that others charge for a third the price ?

Plan Cost per Month: $80.00
Included Data per Month:12 GB
Store Locationcannington

I've always been really happy.

I honestly can't fault Vodafone. Yeah patchy service sometimes but that's pretty normal (whoever you're with), but everything else just rolls really smoothly. Credit card fees feel a bit archaic but I'm making an effort to actually share positive views of companies, rather than just complaining. There's not really much to hate about them. Really like how much time they give you to prepare for direct debits, too.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Vodafone is the best telco company for quality and customer service!

Vodafone has been nothing short of brilliant with our phones so we changed our internet which was terrible with Telstra and the support we got from Telstra was an absolute joke alone with the service. Vodafone have went above and beyond in store and on the phone and we are stoked with our phones and nbn!

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Included Data per Month:6 GB
Store LocationEastland

Very bad coverage & frustrating customer support - they expect me to wait 1 to 3 months to get better coverage!!!

Very bad coverage in my area (metro area in Sydney), frequent call drop outs, and broken voice calls, very slow data download and sometimes no download at all.
I rang customer service 6 times in 2 days they offer no real solutions, they keep assuring everything will be fine but nothing happens. When they felt that I am not accepting their unkept promises and unlogic solutions, they transferred my call to "Resolve" team, that team advised me that if I can't wait for 1 to 3 months for the service to get better, I can shift to other provider and vodafone will give me 50% discount on the fees for this month!!!
I am porting my line to a better & more professional provider.

Plan Cost per Month: $90.00

Vodafone is not customer friendly when it’s not their way.

I have been a loyal customer of Vodafone for over 20 years. Last year I upgraded my plan which included the iPhone 8 Plus, the phone was massively talked up by the sales staff and it was exactly what I wanted because of the features as I have the iPhone 5S. I was so excited to get the phone, however within 2weeks of me owning the phone I noticed it started to play up. I did what I had too to the phone (re-booting it to original settings etc) , the problems got worse so I started to complain to Vodafone. The first time I complained they said I was two days late with returning the phone to receive a brand new one, I also found out that they didn’t put insurance. I questioned Vodafone as to why they weren’t forthcoming with their return policy, they had nothing to say except, sorry. Since than the phone got worse, I’ve made numerous calls to Vodafone and Apple and I did exactly what both companies told me to do. Fast forward to now, I was told by a Vodafone shop to record the evidence of what the phone is doing so I can’t be denied, which I did as said Vodafone isn’t nice without evidence. I was told by Vodafone to get the phone assessed by Apple which I did, Apple saw the problems and evidence I have, Apple is on my side. Now Vodafone is saying I should never of gone to Apple and it has to be sent away for Vodafone to assess it, reluctantly I sent it away. Vodafone has the evidence of the phone and are telling me the phone is PERFECT and I have to put up with the phone or take it to Apple to get a replacement which I declined because I’m not paying nearly $1,500 for a replacement that Vodafone or Apple can’t guarantee it’s not 2nd hand plus I can get a replacement phone for a fraction of the cost like I did my daughters iPhone 6. Vodafone’s attitude when it comes to being honest and doing the right thing by the customer is abhorrent. They speak down to you like your crap and ‘I have your money now put up with the crap we gave you’. Even the Vodafone store said ‘that’s normal for the phone to do that’ I told them ‘why doesn’t my iPhone 5S do it’ the woman shut her mouth, she also said that she has had plenty of customers who have complained about the phone.
TIO from Vodafone said they have to assess the phone twice before they do anything, really, Vodafone assessers are a massive conflict of interest especially when the phone is assessed without the customer there to keep them honest. The Apple store does the right thing by assessing the phone with the customer there.
I’m currently going through the Telecommunications Ombudsman.
My resolution to Vodafone is a brand new phone that is NOT faulty (like it should of been from the start/ what I pay for) or a refund of the money that has been spent plus the insurance money, they totally reject it. Insurance with Vodafone is a waste!
Vodafone is a scam and are only nice when it goes their way. 1 star rating is too good for them.

May 21st 2019 Update: Deserves no stars

Vodafone is an abhorrent company. They only think of money and that’s it. They with hold information that benefits them, gives out faulty phones and don’t provide what their supposed to. Stay clear from Vodafone, they have gone down hill fast, rude, arrogant and the above. I’ll be changing company after being with them for 20yrs.

Plan Cost per Month: $82.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB
Store LocationOver the phone

Am I the only person to have noticed that Vodafone has effectively doubled the cost of 365 day pre-paid data ?

I recently attempted to top-up my pre-paid account, only to discover that the 365 Plus product is no longer available. Its nearest equivalent is the Pay and Go product, which at $40 offers the same 365 day expiry, the same pricing for texts and calls ... but doubles the price of data (previously $0.02/Mb, now $0.04/Mb). I've queried this with Vodafone and they basically just blew smoke at me.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Very poor signal despite their claims

I have been with Vodafone for nearly a year and its most painful year for me interms of phone reception!! I have to keep up with it since I am in contract as there is hardly any signals. I dont live in remote region either .

Plan Cost per Month: $49.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Absolutely shocking service over the phone and in store.

My PUK number kept disabling on its own so I was unable to transfer money while in the shop.
Very hard to hear/understand over the phone support.
Could not receive calls from Vodafone users.

Included Data per Month:6 GB