Vodafone

Vodafone (page 2 of 7)

Not the Vodafone of yesteryear

Sales staff was good but coverage @ WA bad

Sales staff was helpful and friendly.
Data coverage at Albany was bad. Most parts of highway was SOS calls. :(

At Denmark now , have 4g, 3 bars but download speeds are slow. Used Oz speed test and <3mbps
Not sure of other carriers

Cez

CezAU

No signal and charged Porting Fee??!

Been with Vodafone 5 years. To me city & parramatta signals are not bad but once we go past Newcastle, impossible to get reception. I just ported and charged $8. I’ve ported my number at least 7 times and ONLY VODAFONE charged this ‘porting fee’

Incentives to join. Lock in customers. Then rip them off

Vodafone pay as you go gives 35Gb for $30 for the first three months. After that it is $25 for 10Gb, with no option to upgrade. The add-on data costs are $10/Gb (28 days). That’s gouging your faithful customers. I advise staying with them for three months and then changing networks. I checked my balance (1.6Gb left) and immediately received notification that I was below 100Mb (huh?) and then out of data. Their website on usage is glacial and tends to divert you to “special offers” which are unavailable to you. It gives usage packet size but not the time of usage. Their app doesn’t work at all on an iPhone X.

Mo

Mo

Customer service is bad

I just called them with an intention to upgrade my plan but the consultant I dealt with was so bad to the point where I was about to say forget about it!
He is very pushy to sell other products and if you say "No, Thank you".. voice changes to show disappointment.
Then ends with "If you agree now then you can't cancel.. yes or no?".. "I just want to hear YES or NO"
This is a very unprofessional attitude from a global company.

dogitia

dogitiaPerth, WA

plans over still charging $80 for 12 gig

look service is fine data is slow during the day in the city same with most networks after work hours its fast again
what got me is i have been with them for 5 years bills all ways paid etc contracts over and plan doesn't get cheaper still charging $80 for 12 gigs i call and they said they Do not change your plan but now that i have called they can offer a cheaper plan no thank you i am going to another company.
how many people are over paying for a service that others charge for a third the price ?

Dana Y

Dana YWestern Australia

Soo out of touch with small businesses !

Adam

AdamIllawarra, NSW

Slow Updates

Unless you buy one of the brand new phones outright for like $1000 or on a plan for over $100 a month, expect a 2 year wait from software updates. In fact you will probably have purchased a new phone before your current phone gets the update and said new phone will also face a 2 year wait for update. Why so slow?

Rob

RobCanberra 2600, ACT

I recently switched from Telstra to Vodafone.

I switched to a Vodafone plan recently as thought Telstra plans were too expensive. I kept my number and found the process of switching was very quick and simple. That is about the only good thing I can say. Since switching i’ve had trouble with voice quality of calls. Not a biggie. I can live with that. Internet speed has been ok most of the time. I can live with that. First real test of coverage failed. I can’t live with that. Only got as far as the airport and network performance was non-existent. While I don’t like paying the Telstra premium. I dislike even more paying for something that is unusable and useless to me. I’ll be going back to Telstra as soon as I can.

Mudi

MudiWerribee

Not good enough

Didn't want to release my number so I could change providers and took forever to transfer my account onto my name staff were not helpful. But on the other hand I have been with Vodafone for a few years and this was the only yet the worst service I have ever received absolutely horrendous

steve

steveAdelaide

Terrible advice from Vodafone

Attempted to set up a prepaid sim only to realise I don't have one of the 3 forms of ID
passport
drivers license
Medicare card

I don't drive, have never traveled overseas and do not possess a Medicare card.

When I rang customer service for help I was told I would need to set my account up in someone else's name.
that do me sounds like poor privacy practices.
No thanks Vodafone
Optus here I come

Scottywa

Scottywa

Nothings changed for the better

Transfer from Telstra as data caps were more generous and was quickly disappointed,network coverage in a capital city is shocking and network congestion meant some text messages took over a minute to send.happy to say Vodafone are no longer my phone carrier

Sivvy

SivvyLaidley Heights

No bars!!!

So for some inane reason Ive been with Vodafone for years, hoping it would improve. Nope. I have next to no coverage in my house which makes it very hard to receive and make calls, obviously. As soon as this.cobtracts ends I'm switching. Ridiculous.

Bill

BillAshfield

Buggy as hell network that loses 4g constantly

it was great for 1st month (I was getting like 150mb/s download at home). Their network is rubbish though. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - in fact I spend a fair amount of time talking people out of Vodafone. Coverage even in Sydney CBD is extremely inconsistent and I simply cannot get ANY 4g on my train ride home. Lucky I'm on pre paid as I'd just hate to be locked into this rubbish. Going back to Boost with their Telstra newtork - it was way more consistent (plus they have 2/3 times data for same price as Voda now). Screw you Vodafone.

Alan K

Alan KAU

Great service...poor quality data.

Mike G

Mike GKaleen 2617, ACT

Dodgy NBN

I spoke to a sales guy on the phone, and he sold me on 100 MBit NBN, but failed to mention that max I could get in my area was 40 MBit. After downgrading me it became apparent that the network feed was inferior, with failures to download email, and low-speed Netflix... I gave them the opportunity to rectify, but they just failed to do anything. So I canceled under my 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

I would be interested to see if they can fix it. Their mobile internet is great, but the NBN is FUBAR and slow (<30MBit). I've moved back to my old provider.

Mainul

MainulSydney, NSW

Vodafone - Honestly Never Again!

Mobile phone priced way high. Problem and issues with monthly billing cycle. Crazy for $$ money. Poor network service. Took my name spelling wrong & start billing me while I couldn't activate the account yet. Many more... Honestly never again.

stu b

stu bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coverage woes

Mobile coverage is good in major urban areas, but good help you if you need to make a call out of town (or even in a small town). If you need coverage out of the city be warned, but if your a city dweller they are ok

Cam

Cam

Poor mobile data

Boy am i sick of your variable mobile data access which drops out multiple times a day, for long periods. I have no intention of taking out another plan with Vodafone

QLDZDR