Vodafone

Vodafone (page 4 of 89)

1.6 from 1,773 reviews

Awful. Garbage. Vodafail

I purchased a prepaid plan through Vodafone late last year and I must say, there is no difference in what they have done reception wise in years. I was so appalled, that I switched to Optus within a matter of a couple of days. The dropouts, the lack of quality data speed and so forth was worse than I have ever experienced. It makes Telstra look like kings. I truly don't know how they are still in business selling crap services like their mobile services to consumers. I often wondered if they sideline prepaid customers and give the quality to postpaid. Anyways, I can't say anything more because ProductReview doesn't accept language. :) But I know I will never go through any Vodafone subsidiary or Vodafone itself ever again.. no matter how cheap they get.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:45 GB

Lies and incompetence is about the most accurate description of Vodafone

I have had problems with calls dropping out and often when talking to others their would be breaking up. Download data speed was about 3 or 4 megabits per sec whilst I now have about 20 with another provider.
There should be a zero rating as one star for Vodafone is being too kind. I signed up with them as well on NBN and wanted my landline number to be diverted to my mobile. At first they didn't have that request on their file, next they eventually connected it but only worked once and when I rang up about it they said I hadn't requested it. I'm leaving out a lot of tortuous phone calls made. Showed proof that it had been connected and they made up some excuse. I had paid extra money to my previous provider to keep the landline going so Vodafone agreed to refund the money when I told them to forget about the landline diversion. Of course they agreed to it but they sent me a bill for the full amount, no deductions. All this is going on whilst I am nearing my cancer operation. They new of my serious situation and yet they still stuffed me around. There is so much more they did along with sending me a bill long after I had cancelled their service, got apology and still a different amount is deducted from my account a month after I changed providers. Again apology but will not compensate me for all the stress this has caused. Any one thinking of using Vodafone should run in the opposite direction.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

worst

I hope there .. would be 0 option .Worst service ever .They took so long to fix issue and staff dont know how to respond, it happen more than 3-4 times.

Slow Updates

Unless you buy one of the brand new phones outright for like $1000 or on a plan for over $100 a month, expect a 2 year wait from software updates. In fact you will probably have purchased a new phone before your current phone gets the update and said new phone will also face a 2 year wait for update. Why so slow?

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Perfect example of customer service

I recently moved my internet over to Vodafone and they were very helpful, patient and took the time to get everything right. Service has been fantastic so far. Would recommend.

Rude staff using deceitful tactics to sell plans.

Wish I could rate 0 stars. Rude staff, unhelpful and using deceitful tactics to sell plans. Unlimited plans are not unlimited, calls frequently drop out. Definitely do not recommend using this dodgy company.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

I recently switched from Telstra to Vodafone.

I switched to a Vodafone plan recently as thought Telstra plans were too expensive. I kept my number and found the process of switching was very quick and simple. That is about the only good thing I can say. Since switching i’ve had trouble with voice quality of calls. Not a biggie. I can live with that. Internet speed has been ok most of the time. I can live with that. First real test of coverage failed. I can’t live with that. Only got as far as the airport and network performance was non-existent. While I don’t like paying the Telstra premium. I dislike even more paying for something that is unusable and useless to me. I’ll be going back to Telstra as soon as I can.

Plan Cost per Month: $75.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Gouging their clients

I’ve been with Vodafone for 8 years. service was good. They should value their long term clients. But this organisation will rip you off at any chance, I’m going elsewhere! There are better deals than dealing with this mob

Coverage Problems

Have been telling them for the last 4 years that that has been no coverage at all during the train journey from Strathfield to Concord West in Sydney.
They always replied they are working on it and will be building more towers in order to solve the coverage problems.
They simply wouldn't care less and we have had enough already with the 4 numbers within my family. Will be switching to other operators that would LISTEN at least.

Plan Cost per Month: $80.00

Sensational customer service

We received outstanding service and assistance at Rosebud Vodafone.
The person who served us was an absolute legend - extremely knowledgeable, efficient and so pleasant to deal with. 10/10. We hope he never leaves this store.

Included Data per Month:5 GB

Are there any fewer stars than 1?

"Customer service" is an interesting concept. One which Vodafone seem not to have grasped. Staff at Forest Hill gave false and contradictory information. I was in the store to ask to have my phone unlocked. Not sure why it was locked. A salesperson in store asked me to call Vodafone and the recorded message instructed me to get online - while I was standing in store. Far better customer service at Optus who now have my business.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Class Action Lawsuit Anyone?

I am ready to sue Vodafone over there poor customer service, I need a minimum of 7 people who are interested in joining a class action lawsuit against them.

Ok so, I resigned a contract with Vodafone and the whole entire process since August 2018 has been painful.

Firstly, they told me I could pick up my new handset from a store if I bought it online that day. I did that and then showed up but the store had no devices... I had to fight them so they send it out to me after wasting my time.

And then, 2 weeks into using a brand new iPhone X... it kept freezing when I was texting or using my apps. So I walked into a Vodafone Outlet off Lonsdale Street in Melbourne CBD and was advised by the store person I needed to take my phone to Apple for an assessment of hardware.
So I did exactly that, to only be advised that there were no hardware issues.
I reported back to Vodafone via phone and they advised I would need to take my phone into another store and hand it in so they can send it off to be reviewed. At this point, 3 weeks of having a brand new handset I refused to do so and that I was going to open a TIO case against them. Which I did (still ongoing, 4 months later)...

Vodafone have a 30day service guarantee, I reported within that time but 4 months and I still have a faulty handset I am expected to pay $1,800 for!!!

I AM FED UP!!

Absolutely stupid

Customer service is telling me four thousand different things for the problem, at first the issue at hand is recoverable and can be turned around. A second later I've been connected to a different department, telling me that I can't fix the issue relating to mobile number porting. Completely lack of awareness and care. The effort was put in to try to understand, but nothing prevailed in the end. Massive waste of time trying to call them for an hour to fix things, no wonder I switched telco company mid way.

Plan Cost per Month: $120.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB

retarded company

after a halfwit broke into my car and was able to order several phones in my name and paid by SOMEONE ELSES's credit card. I have provided all police reports and info to them to find out a year later that they have sold my debt to a debt company. Now I have to run around to prove that me its me, however they did not ask the guy who stole my stuff to run around to prove it was me.

well done idiots.

Local Reception

Buying a phone and credit check - Stay away from vodafone!!!

While everyone will have a different story about the topic I will share mine.

Ordered a phone online with the help of online customer service. I was looking to buy 2 phones to port in 2 numbers from another provider, but the agent told me to buy one at a time as I needed to merge both numbers to a single account . Once I ordered for the first once I realised that this includes a credit check as well and the second phone order will require a separate check, which is not a good thing. At no point the agent said there will be separate credit checks as otherwise I would have ordered both together.

The phone ordered was meant for my wife as a present and I mentioned the same to the agent and requested to process it asap as the website mentioned 1-2 days delivery once approved. I was told 24 hours max to process the order, but didn't hear anything from them and decided to contact to check status. I was told the credit application was rejected. I couldn't believe this as I am on a permanent job, well paid, own a house (on mortgage though like 90% of people out there), has very good credit history and never had any defaults. I asked Vodafone why this the case. I was told its the third party credit checking organisation's decision and suggested to contact them. Fair enough, I contacted them to check why my application was rejected, only to be told that my credit history is good and can't see any issues and suggested me to check with Vodafone as it is them who rejected my application. Called Vodafone again and asked why they rejected the application. To my surprise they said there were no issues with the credit check, but Vodafone decided not to provide me the phone for reasons they cannot disclose or further explain. What?? Honestly? I spent my time going to your stores, doing research, speaking to your customer service, put forward an application to buy, even did credit check,which I passed, only to to be told that my application is rejected by Vodafone for no reason?? Even after this the customer service agent asked me to try buying again online as this time it might go through successfully. Seriously??

You guys lost a customer for life and let this word be out there for people who care about their credit history. Do not trust vodafone with credit checks.

Don't use Vodafone its bad

Vodaphone is really bad if you use the Internet a lot. Vodafone for me dropouts a least more then 1 every 30 mind this can get annoying because maybe in a in the middle of an call the Internet drops out and our chat gets interrupted. Also it takes so long for the Internet to connect back too. Other thing is its the speed Is fast then a second later super slow, I hate this when I playing video games. This is my experience with Vodafone maybe your Vodafone is good.

Plan Cost per Month: $80.00

Exit Fees

They could not meet up better deal so changed to another company, asked them if there was any exit fees and they said no, but sent a bill with the exit fees. Hopeless service.

Excellent customer services

On my last bill I got charged almost 10 times then what I usually pay. I when to Vodafone store at Loganholme. We talked to one of the staff, her name Jenny. She’s really helpful and she acknowledged me on what happened on the bill. I had a really impressive experience with her.

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Customer service

I went to 2 vodafone outlets, Carindale close to Best and Less and the one in the city Queenstreet Mall close to Typo, i ask if i can change my last name on my account they said they need a new ID with my new name on it as the marriage certificate that I have that time was apparently " just a piece of paper" . So got my drivers licence changed. Came back again(Carindale outlet) and said they need the marriage certificate to change my name. How inconsistent they are. Do your company a favour, train your people well!!! not signing up with you again.

Helpline is a JOKE...

Firstly, how about employing helpline operators whose first language is english.

Secondly, why is it so so difficult to port my other mobile number and package it under the plan I already have !! The operator I spoke to had no idea how to do this !!

Thirdly, you have failed to apply the $4 discount on this account a number of times.... And, you have failed to roll over unused data on this plan when it was promoted directly to my number 3 times !!

Your so-called helpline is simply a waste of our time.

I am speaking to optus for a better deal !!

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00