Vodafone

Vodafone

1.6 from 1,773 reviews

A fair comparison on customer service and coverage.

I had to call Vodafone 1300 number today and I got the call centre Mumbai, things didn’t start well with the language barrier Etc and things got a little testy and eventually I was transferred to a chap called Sharma and he was excellent, clear English and wanted to resolve my problem, he really went that extra mile and keep in contacted with me during the course of the day until resolved. And I’ve been with most of the main telcos over the past years and dealt with other customer service centres and never had the positive experience I received today, I was very touched with his personal service and perseverance and this is from someone on the other side of the world, he retained me as a loyal Vodafone customer today and he definitely deserves a very big Thank you from me.
On another subject regarding Vodafone coverage, my partner and I travel up and down the length of the East Coast regularly and my partner is with Optus, we both have same iPhone 6’s and she has a lot of signal drop out compared to me. We both were originally with Telstra for approximately 12 years and we both left as we found with Vodafone and Optus you got more data and longer time 30-35 days and the Telstra customer service I received when wanted to upgrade our 12 year old plans was appalling and this was at a Telstra store, there was interested in retaining us as long term users so there’s good and bad with other telcos too. But I’m happy with Vodafone.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB

Great service at Vodafone Cronulla

Called into the store last week looking to transfer from Telstra. Samuel was the sales attendant at the time and was very helpful. Definitely better value than Telstra. I walked in with no appointment, got served straight away.
Thanks for your patience Samuel
Lori

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

replacement of faulty device

I've been with Vodafone since my very first original "brick" mobile so that's quite a few years ago and have stuck by them as a loyal customer ever since therefore I updated my phones every 2-3 years and have always had success till my latest purchase in 2018 the samsung galaxy A5 which unfortunately only lasted 12 months due to having moisture in my porthole I took it back to the store I purchased it from at Burleigh Stocklands shoppping centre Qld and unfortunately the staff there were not helpful at all but rather rude and said there was nothing they could do for me. I then took it to the store at the Pines shopping center where a lovely staff member Jacob had a total different attitude and was more than helpful to try and help me by sending my device away to the samsung repair center but he did warn me that the kind of damage my phone had there might not be a resolution because my waranty did not cover it, so anyway I wasn't expecting any good news, but a couple of weeks later I received a phone call from the vodafone repair team letting me know they were more than happy to replace my phone with a brand new device and it will be delivered to the Pines store where the lovely Jacob had taken the time to sit down with me and fill out the required paperwork needed to send away with the damaged phone. I am very grateful to Jacob and Vodafone for the replacement device and I guess it really does come back to being loyal and having the loyalty in return, thank you vodafone.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Store Locationburleigh stocklands shopping centre qld

Excellent service Vodafone Brookside Qld

Moved my mobile service over to Vodafone today after being with another supplier for 15 years. Jackie was professional and gave clear information. Highly recommend her and this Vodafone outlet

Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB

Vodafone is the best telco company for quality and customer service!

Vodafone has been nothing short of brilliant with our phones so we changed our internet which was terrible with Telstra and the support we got from Telstra was an absolute joke alone with the service. Vodafone have went above and beyond in store and on the phone and we are stoked with our phones and nbn!

Included Data per Month:6 GB
Store LocationEastland

Wonderful service, great pricing!

Service was incredible as always, Jerome made the entire process incredibly clear and easy. We’ve shopped around looking at plans for a while now, but none have been better than the ones offered at Vodafone, and for a fraction of the price too. Will definitely be staying with vodafone in the future.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Store LocationEastgardens Westfield

Amazing for Metro, not the best

I'll be honest, I've been with Vodafone for 3 years, and will probably continue to use them for as long as I can.

Coverage wise, it's not the best of the bunch, but definitely not the worst. It covers most, if not all of Melbourne. Using the train every day into the city, I can confirm there are one or two black spots that are mostly due to environmental obstructions, but otherwise I always have an amazing service.

At home, I regularly get 250Mbps/40Mbps, and haven't experience an outage or drop out that affected me drastically.

Customer Service is always patchy, but none of them were outright rude and always did their best to answer any enquiries or resolve any issues I've had.

All in all, Vodafone provides the best all-rounder experience.

Good value for being a main operator, rather than an MVNO (you would rather seek Amaysim on Optus Network or Kogan Mobile on Vodafone Network) that provides the best value for money.

Decent coverage, in comparison to Telstra, Optus or TPG, currently sits on par with Optus from my perspective.

Adequate customer service, rather than Telstra that can be outright rude or difficult to get in contact with.

Included Data per Month:100 GB

Perfect example of customer service

I recently moved my internet over to Vodafone and they were very helpful, patient and took the time to get everything right. Service has been fantastic so far. Would recommend.

Sensational customer service

We received outstanding service and assistance at Rosebud Vodafone.
The person who served us was an absolute legend - extremely knowledgeable, efficient and so pleasant to deal with. 10/10. We hope he never leaves this store.

Included Data per Month:5 GB

Excellent customer services

On my last bill I got charged almost 10 times then what I usually pay. I when to Vodafone store at Loganholme. We talked to one of the staff, her name Jenny. She’s really helpful and she acknowledged me on what happened on the bill. I had a really impressive experience with her.

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Thank you Vodafone for an excellent service

Just received my new phone today after I was given the wrong device from one of the Vodafone store. Follow up service was greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

amazing coverage

Yes! not the same as telstra, not even close in alot of areas, but if you look at there coverage map and work out where you go 90% of the time if that suits you than there great.

Vodafone Westfield Mall

Ash at the Vodafone store in Surry Hills was absolutely fantastic, and not only was the service great, their plans are 2nd to none!! 50gb for $45/mth? Un-bloody-real!! Vodafone FTW

Great customer service

As my plan with Testra was coming to an end I thought that i would look around for the best deal to suit my needs. The guy in the Vodafone store in Melton Victoria was so very patient showed me the plan and the cost of the phone, included the cost of overseas add on plan. Everything was very clear. Arranged the transfer of my number, told me what was going to happen and if by any chance was not correct he would personally deal with it. Everything went to plan and im very happy!!!!

Great reception, easy to use pre-paid mobile contract - love it

I pay $40 every 35 days to get 9GB of data with Vodafone, using the "Recharge Combo Plus".
I love it! The network coverage is great, the app is easy to use, I barely ever have to complain. Significantly better customer service than Telstra who I initially signed up with. Would 100% recommend Vodafone.

Great value mobile plan (RedGlobal Sim only)

I use my phone for business and private and love the free calls overseas, no excuses to phone my old relos overseas anymore. My internet speed through my phone 'internet sharing' is way faster than my Internet service provider (Belong) In fact it is so fast Windows 10 decided to once dump my entire hard drive to the cloud through my phone data, luckily I got warned by Vodaphone and so my bill is very consistent. Never had any bill shock, first time ever in over 15 years.

Nice and easy Vodafone NBN

Signed up for a 50mb Service download speed is consistent around 47mb.

Painless transition from another hopeless ISP with 3G/4G access made available.

Shame about out of touch, careless overseas call centre though.

Overseas roaming

The $5 international roaming is why I’m giving 5 stars. As soon as I got off the plain my phone and internet worked seamlessly. There was not one point during my 10 days in Thailand that I ever had an issue. Since I nyeed to be connected 24/7 for work as well as use the internet at all times I found this to be brilliant. I was also informed of all charges via text.

I will say I had faster speeds in Thailand on 4g than Melbourne (north east suburbs). There are less towers in my area.

Customer service

Writing from your very loyal customer for more than 4 years. Loved the customer service of Ellenbrook branch especially Sam and Chirag. Thanks for the support you always provide us.

Exceptional level of service at Vodafone Unley

Exceptionally generous level of service. So patient, knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. Thank you so much Vodafone owner at Unley. Would certainly recommend you to others.