Vodafone

Vodafone

1.6 from 1,773 reviews

Steal money from customer using shady contract

Very disappointed after fully paid my plan, they still charge me for nothing even I changed to Optus. This company is unbelievable stealing money! Please be careful when you sign contract with this company!!

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Vodafone is ridiculous in offering assistance, specially if there is any issue in handset or service.

The network coverage was terrible, every time I was calling or talking with someone, the connection dropped off suddenly and make it really inconvenient. The data download speed is also worst.

Merrylands NSW 2160 vodafone store is worst of all. My advise is guys please don't go that store as they are completely unprofessional and for any issue they acted as if not to worry as it's not happening with them.

Included Data per Month:5 GB
Store LocationUnifone- Merrylands2 (VS0004)

Worst network

Worst network in australia is vodafone, never ever go with this network guys. I'm really fed up i have a contract otherwise i quit this and go with optus or telstra...

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00

No satisfaction here

I have been with Vodafone for 5 years now and since I upgraded my plan I am suddenly having issues with my IP address changing, I have been told by Vodafone that it's normal for their mobile pocket wifi to fluctuate the IP address because its a DYNAMIC and not static, but they can't explain to me WHY I never had this issue when I was on my previous plan and using the mobile pocket wifi, the only thing that has changed is I upgraded my plan but am still using the mobile pocket wifi, I am really annoyed and frustrated because now since this issue they are trying to talk me into getting the NBN, And not to mention every time I call Vodafone the call goes to India, very poor PR Vodafone, u need to, up your game, Because after speaking to 5 different people on the one day at the Vodafone call centre in India, NOT 1 of them gave me an answer to help me and all they did was tell me it's probably my computer playing up. if someone has any advice to help me with this issue of the fluctuating IP address then please post it here because I do not want to go to the NBN after all the negative stuff I have heard from friends I know who do have the NBN.

Plan Cost per Month: $90.00
Included Data per Month:62 GB

POOR COVERAGE

I am absolutely disgusted in Vodafone to whom I have made three calls to them in and I have to go outside in the middle of the street to get reception for a service that I pay for yet to take my money that's not a problem for them as I pay for a full coverage service and customer care service but to actually provide that service they can't do that at all and can't investigate growing areas and get towers up immediately so why should I pay for a full service, not only that I've had the resolution team tell me that I am out of contract and that if I'm not happy with the service provided to me that I can take my number over to another provider how disgusting are you Vodafone to actually advise a customer to literally leave Vodafone instead of trying to keep them, goes to show the standard of poor customer service you provide let alone the poor coverage service you provide to an area that is even considered to be local 4G, you say this coverage in the area but only for outside your home not inside people don't have landlines anymore so in case of an emergency I have to run outside my home to make an emergency call Vodafone "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF" so if you can't keep up with developing areas that are growing and get Towers up before these areas start to grow get your act together, your customer service officers should be disgusted in the way they have actually considered for me to go to  another provider! DISGUSTING!!!!

Plan Cost per Month: $100.00
Included Data per Month:13 GB

Vodafone have shown themselves to be incompetent and inept so i am looking elsewhere

My experience with Vodafone to get internet and TV installed has shown them to be woefully incapable of providing the service that they promise. Calls to their call centre are met with ineptitude, incompetence and a complete absence of ability to get anything done or resolve the issues created by the company. That's if you can in fact get through to anyone at all.

Firstly, Vodafone delivered my modem to the wrong address. In the email confirming the set up for my new fibre service, the have the right address for the installation but an incorrect address for the modem delivery. I first rang them to correct but was unable to get through to anyone willing to do something about it so i went to the local store instead and was advised that it had been changed. it wasn't.

Secondly, i was sent an email telling me that my installation would be this afternoon. Dutifully i have been at home all afternoon but thought i would ring at 4:30 just to check on progress only to be told that my account was still being processed and they were doing credit checks. This in spite of me having been a Vodafone customer for more than 5 years with no issues or late payment. Being self employed, not having internet and having to wait at home all afternoon for no reason are both seriously inconvenient.

Thirdly, i have just spent a considerable time on the phone trying to get someone to fix the problem and install my new fibre service but with no luck so i am now going elsewhere.

A fair comparison on customer service and coverage.

I had to call Vodafone 1300 number today and I got the call centre Mumbai, things didn’t start well with the language barrier Etc and things got a little testy and eventually I was transferred to a chap called Sharma and he was excellent, clear English and wanted to resolve my problem, he really went that extra mile and keep in contacted with me during the course of the day until resolved. And I’ve been with most of the main telcos over the past years and dealt with other customer service centres and never had the positive experience I received today, I was very touched with his personal service and perseverance and this is from someone on the other side of the world, he retained me as a loyal Vodafone customer today and he definitely deserves a very big Thank you from me.
On another subject regarding Vodafone coverage, my partner and I travel up and down the length of the East Coast regularly and my partner is with Optus, we both have same iPhone 6’s and she has a lot of signal drop out compared to me. We both were originally with Telstra for approximately 12 years and we both left as we found with Vodafone and Optus you got more data and longer time 30-35 days and the Telstra customer service I received when wanted to upgrade our 12 year old plans was appalling and this was at a Telstra store, there was interested in retaining us as long term users so there’s good and bad with other telcos too. But I’m happy with Vodafone.

Included Data per Month:20 GB

Poor coverage

Vodafone is most worst network in the australia.. when someone trying to call me they always listen to computer...i dont know why i transfer my number from telstra to vodafone.. 4g speed is like 2g always buffering...plz guys never go wid vodafone..

Store LocationParramatta

Disgusting company

Bought a brand new phone from this abhorrent company. The phone, iPhone 8 plus has had nothing but problems since owning it. I first contacted vodafone on the 5th March about the phone being faulty, I was told too bad because I’m late with getting another brand new phone sent out as I was a couple of days out, I also found out that same day Vodafone didn’t put insurance on the phone and apparently I’m lucky because I still had a couple of days to get it. Vodafone didn’t document I called solely for the phone being faulty but called for the insurance. Vodafone has done nothing about it even being dishonest and not forthcoming with the truth. They won’t even cancel the insurance on the phone! Writing crap on my file and not putting what the call was for.
Sent phone to their assessor after them telling me to go to Apple for it to be assessed, this now wasn’t good enough, the phone did NOT have any damage or scratches. I get the phone back damaged and marked. Vodafone tio, young male, [name removed] is nothing but rude and arrogant.
This company has gone down hill, and what looks like that they don’t give a damn about customers and is all about take as much money they can from customers.
1 star is too good for these lot

Plan Cost per Month: $120.00
Included Data per Month:30 GB
Store LocationOver the phone to Vodafone

Mostly great

I have been a customer here for about 15 years now. As with every service there have been issues from time to time, sometimes of technical nature and I have to say, the customer service I have received was mostly really excellent, friendly and knowledgeable. I believe Vodafone has been really good value for me.

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:6 GB
Store LocationCBD

Customer service is bad

I just called them with an intention to upgrade my plan but the consultant I dealt with was so bad to the point where I was about to say forget about it!
He is very pushy to sell other products and if you say "No, Thank you".. voice changes to show disappointment.
Then ends with "If you agree now then you can't cancel.. yes or no?".. "I just want to hear YES or NO"
This is a very unprofessional attitude from a global company.

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Ever since going with vodafone copped thousands of telemarketing calls with the exact same number I've had previously

Not reliable in certain places
I have had better coverage from.other providers will not be going with vodafone again dont know why I did in the first place when I know they arent good

Plan Cost per Month: $110.00
Included Data per Month:80 GB
Store LocationOnline

Terrible customer experience, rude consultants, terrible value, overall shocking experience

No respect for customers, do not understand issues and are generally horrendous to deal with. Fees are astronomical and their coverage is worse than other providers. They do not consider customer loyalty and are incredibly patronising when you speak to them. Shocked and appalled by recent interactions with customer service reps.

Plan Cost per Month: $85.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB
Store LocationOnline

Been with Vodafone for at least 10 years with no issues at all

I will stay with Vodafone since I seem to get the best deals there. Contract terms are a bit long for new hardware, but I can bundle a phone, watch or anything else into one plan with no interest. That's good.

Included Data per Month:2 GB
Store LocationJoondalup

No star if that permits

No star if that permits...worst service I have ever received, absolutely shocking - got hung up after 30 mins. Definitely leaving vodafone and move to some provide with local customer support.

Bring back the customer support to Australia!

Don’t reward your loyalty

Being their customer for over 15 years. Treated a loyal customer terribly. Signed up because a family friend own a franchise. Good bye Voda. It is public knowledge that they have bad reception outside major cities, over charging their customers...

Included Data per Month:1 GB

Don't trust Vodafone!!

mobile customer service very poor attitude! can't use after i top up my sim card, I call to customer service center they only say can't help! ask me top up again! originally $18 travel plan but I need to pay $40! Don't trust Vodafone!

Id theft fraud

Terrible customer service in Vodafone.
Been with them for 3 years and only now found out they registered me under different name in the system.
Submitted id fraud claim, but did nothing to solve the problem.

Bad Service, so glad I switched

Vodafone: bad customer service, bad mobile service, and other companies offer better deals.

My wife got quoted $50 to fix a phone, then she got a bill for $200. So yeah, can't trust them.

hopeless network and data

Am with vodafone for 3 years now.
Network reception is really bad cant be worst than this.
Called vodafone customer care to upgrade my phone and sim plan, talked with a operator .
In middle of a conversation i heard him saying “OHH GOD” yes he said this to me while am inquiring about the plans.
Not only network service but the customer service is worst.
I have upgraded to 45$ plan with 50 gb data was happy that i got alot of data pack but bitter truth vodafone 4G is really slow cant really make a good use of 50 GB DATA.
I hate to say but this is worthless
changing to other better service provider very soon.

Plan Cost per Month: $109.00