Vodafone

Vodafone

1.6 from 1,773 reviews

Steal money from customer using shady contract

Very disappointed after fully paid my plan, they still charge me for nothing even I changed to Optus. This company is unbelievable stealing money! Please be careful when you sign contract with this company!!

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Vodafone is ridiculous in offering assistance, specially if there is any issue in handset or service.

The network coverage was terrible, every time I was calling or talking with someone, the connection dropped off suddenly and make it really inconvenient. The data download speed is also worst.

Merrylands NSW 2160 vodafone store is worst of all. My advise is guys please don't go that store as they are completely unprofessional and for any issue they acted as if not to worry as it's not happening with them.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Included Data per Month:5 GB
Store LocationUnifone- Merrylands2 (VS0004)

Worst network

Worst network in australia is vodafone, never ever go with this network guys. I'm really fed up i have a contract otherwise i quit this and go with optus or telstra...

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00

POOR COVERAGE

I am absolutely disgusted in Vodafone to whom I have made three calls to them in and I have to go outside in the middle of the street to get reception for a service that I pay for yet to take my money that's not a problem for them as I pay for a full coverage service and customer care service but to actually provide that service they can't do that at all and can't investigate growing areas and get towers up immediately so why should I pay for a full service, not only that I've had the resolution team tell me that I am out of contract and that if I'm not happy with the service provided to me that I can take my number over to another provider how disgusting are you Vodafone to actually advise a customer to literally leave Vodafone instead of trying to keep them, goes to show the standard of poor customer service you provide let alone the poor coverage service you provide to an area that is even considered to be local 4G, you say this coverage in the area but only for outside your home not inside people don't have landlines anymore so in case of an emergency I have to run outside my home to make an emergency call Vodafone "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF" so if you can't keep up with developing areas that are growing and get Towers up before these areas start to grow get your act together, your customer service officers should be disgusted in the way they have actually considered for me to go to  another provider! DISGUSTING!!!!

Plan Cost per Month: $100.00
Included Data per Month:13 GB

Vodafone have shown themselves to be incompetent and inept so i am looking elsewhere

My experience with Vodafone to get internet and TV installed has shown them to be woefully incapable of providing the service that they promise. Calls to their call centre are met with ineptitude, incompetence and a complete absence of ability to get anything done or resolve the issues created by the company. That's if you can in fact get through to anyone at all.

Firstly, Vodafone delivered my modem to the wrong address. In the email confirming the set up for my new fibre service, the have the right address for the installation but an incorrect address for the modem delivery. I first rang them to correct but was unable to get through to anyone willing to do something about it so i went to the local store instead and was advised that it had been changed. it wasn't.

Secondly, i was sent an email telling me that my installation would be this afternoon. Dutifully i have been at home all afternoon but thought i would ring at 4:30 just to check on progress only to be told that my account was still being processed and they were doing credit checks. This in spite of me having been a Vodafone customer for more than 5 years with no issues or late payment. Being self employed, not having internet and having to wait at home all afternoon for no reason are both seriously inconvenient.

Thirdly, i have just spent a considerable time on the phone trying to get someone to fix the problem and install my new fibre service but with no luck so i am now going elsewhere.

Poor coverage

Vodafone is most worst network in the australia.. when someone trying to call me they always listen to computer...i dont know why i transfer my number from telstra to vodafone.. 4g speed is like 2g always buffering...plz guys never go wid vodafone..

Store LocationParramatta

Disgusting company

Bought a brand new phone from this abhorrent company. The phone, iPhone 8 plus has had nothing but problems since owning it. I first contacted vodafone on the 5th March about the phone being faulty, I was told too bad because I’m late with getting another brand new phone sent out as I was a couple of days out, I also found out that same day Vodafone didn’t put insurance on the phone and apparently I’m lucky because I still had a couple of days to get it. Vodafone didn’t document I called solely for the phone being faulty but called for the insurance. Vodafone has done nothing about it even being dishonest and not forthcoming with the truth. They won’t even cancel the insurance on the phone! Writing crap on my file and not putting what the call was for.
Sent phone to their assessor after them telling me to go to Apple for it to be assessed, this now wasn’t good enough, the phone did NOT have any damage or scratches. I get the phone back damaged and marked. Vodafone tio, young male, [name removed] is nothing but rude and arrogant.
This company has gone down hill, and what looks like that they don’t give a damn about customers and is all about take as much money they can from customers.
1 star is too good for these lot

Plan Cost per Month: $120.00
Included Data per Month:30 GB
Store LocationOver the phone to Vodafone

Ever since going with vodafone copped thousands of telemarketing calls with the exact same number I've had previously

Not reliable in certain places
I have had better coverage from.other providers will not be going with vodafone again dont know why I did in the first place when I know they arent good

Plan Cost per Month: $110.00
Included Data per Month:80 GB
Store LocationOnline

Terrible customer experience, rude consultants, terrible value, overall shocking experience

No respect for customers, do not understand issues and are generally horrendous to deal with. Fees are astronomical and their coverage is worse than other providers. They do not consider customer loyalty and are incredibly patronising when you speak to them. Shocked and appalled by recent interactions with customer service reps.

Plan Cost per Month: $85.00
Included Data per Month:3 GB
Store LocationOnline

No star if that permits

No star if that permits...worst service I have ever received, absolutely shocking - got hung up after 30 mins. Definitely leaving vodafone and move to some provide with local customer support.

Bring back the customer support to Australia!

Don’t reward your loyalty

Being their customer for over 15 years. Treated a loyal customer terribly. Signed up because a family friend own a franchise. Good bye Voda. It is public knowledge that they have bad reception outside major cities, over charging their customers...

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:1 GB

Don't trust Vodafone!!

mobile customer service very poor attitude! can't use after i top up my sim card, I call to customer service center they only say can't help! ask me top up again! originally $18 travel plan but I need to pay $40! Don't trust Vodafone!

Id theft fraud

Terrible customer service in Vodafone.
Been with them for 3 years and only now found out they registered me under different name in the system.
Submitted id fraud claim, but did nothing to solve the problem.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00

Bad Service, so glad I switched

Vodafone: bad customer service, bad mobile service, and other companies offer better deals.

My wife got quoted $50 to fix a phone, then she got a bill for $200. So yeah, can't trust them.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00

hopeless network and data

Am with vodafone for 3 years now.
Network reception is really bad cant be worst than this.
Called vodafone customer care to upgrade my phone and sim plan, talked with a operator .
In middle of a conversation i heard him saying “OHH GOD” yes he said this to me while am inquiring about the plans.
Not only network service but the customer service is worst.
I have upgraded to 45$ plan with 50 gb data was happy that i got alot of data pack but bitter truth vodafone 4G is really slow cant really make a good use of 50 GB DATA.
I hate to say but this is worthless
changing to other better service provider very soon.

Plan Cost per Month: $109.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB
Store LocationTelephone

Poor experience

Very poor service at Vodafone chermside. Have been a customer for sum years now. My contract was over and was going to sign with them again and was told incorrect information by the rep when I told him Optus has a better deal would you match it and Telstra is giving the same deal. He advised me that they were lease plans which was incorrect as I knew for a fact they weren't. He also advised me that the current s10 was 5g future proof, which again I had to correct him. Vodafone please train your staff better and have better product knowledge. Also stop lying about other Telco plans. GET your facts right. Telstra gets a new customer!!

Plan Cost per Month: $100.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB

Laughable “service”

I’ve been with Vodafone for the past 11 years. When my phone gave up I tried to upgrade online when I was informed that I had $20 owing from an account that I was unaware of that was closed in 2016 ( when I upgraded in 2016 they started a new account instead of just upgrading the current account). In store I told them I’d pay it off so I can go ahead with my upgrade, to which I was informed that I need to pay it off over the phone with the dept recovery department. After being on hold for 10 minutes an automated voice tells me they are closed and I’ll have to call back another day. I had the iPhone XS picked out with $180 in accessories that I was paying for in cash. After 2 hours and with no working phone and needing it for work over the weekend, I’m told by staff in store that I can’t do the upgrade and there’s nothing more they can do until Tuesday due to the public holiday when the $20 dept can be cleared. With no working phone and no choice I have gone next door to another provider, informed them of the situation which they found pretty stupid and were more than happy to sign me up. I know I’m only one customer so they won’t miss me too much, but after spending over $10,000 over the years with a provider it’s really disappointing and pretty laughable that they didn’t really care that they were loosing out on a contract worth over $2000 and accessories at $180 over a $20 dept that I wanted to pay off but apparently couldn’t.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Book and appointment with a psychiatrist before calling their customer service

Customer service keeps forwarding you to another department where you have to identify yourself and introduce your problem again. This can happen uptown 5 times on a single call.
Customer service will very professionally educate you about the various departments and their responsibilities when they tell you it's someone else's problem.
Get ready for a roller coaster ride of frustration

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $90.00

False Promises by Vodafone

They promise better network, upgrades in network towers but from last seven years they are unable to provide better network in Western Suburbs (Tarneit/Truganina), City and Docklands. Vodafone fails in satisfying customers with Network issues and customer service. Vodafone has confirmed the network issues and upgrades happening in these areas, and they don’t have ETA. They only apologies and keep charging your monthly payments or resolves all the issues by providing small amount of credits back to the customer but not fulfilling the promises they have made, which doesn’t help in getting better service. Almost 95% of my calls made or received I have to repeat myself or call fails. Customer’s dissatisfaction is grown but no action taken. People who are facing issues with Vodafone please need to raise voice for a better service.

Plan Cost per Month: $200.00

Very behind the other 2 mobile carriers

Horrible service when calling those clowns overseas, they keep telling me to call the George St store in the City to organize an appointment to have my phone replaced, but they dont have contact details for stores, nor do they have that number anywhere to be found, so I need to risk going all the way to the city to be told we dont have the phone in stock. Reception absolutely sucks and it isn't even cheaper like it used to be.
Just lacking common sense. Optus and Telstra are rolling out 5g, and Vodafone is still trying to get 3g to work in some places

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only