Volkswagen Caddy 2K.II

Volkswagen Caddy 2K.II

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

VW Caddy Maxi Life TDi250 1.6L Diesel DSG - Limp Mode Instant Loss of Power Dangerous, Serious Safet

Engine Size1.6L
TransmissionDSG
Date PurchasedMay 2011

Matthewdean

Matthewdeansydney

Great durable car

Handles well, driving for 3 months now. At first I found it quite difficult to get used to after driving small sedans but overall it's been great.

Excellent fuel economy, averaging about 800 - 1000km per tank at this rate, some highway driving but it's definiltey a great feature.

Servicing seems reasonable considering European. I have friends who drive the same car and have complained about expensive prices.

Overall a good car and I would recommend.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cjr

Cjrmelbourne

very poor service

Driving diesel caddy, lost power, took car to dealer in Springvale road, and from then on things just went from bad to terrible. They quoted for the repair $800.00 said yes go ahead, receive phone call "sorry not fixed" another looong period of time, receive phone call "it is going to cost $8,000.00 to fix" I read into that they have no idea what is wrong. Ask why so dear? Had to pay for the first repair that did not fix car. Be very careful when dealing with them, get written quote and make sure they know what they are doing. I am very wary of Volkswagen products. The caddy had been serviced on time every time. be careful

Engine Size1.9L Turbo
Date PurchasedJun 2011
kid

kidAddis Ababa

over heat

it is only 50,000 km since we bought but it shows over heat we can not mange it can u suggest me something that i can change or anything else i tried to change the thermostat and no solution what next step can we take the ruining cost is also high the power is nor related with its volume of capacity to cray on

Badgeowner
Date PurchasedAug 2012

Neil

NeilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy VW

Save your self the hassle, don't buy VW. Just spent $9430 for a new gearbox. Purchased the van in April at 100,00km 4 months later the 7 speed gearbox failed. According to VW this is a reasonable time frame for the gearbox to fail and their are no recognised faults with the gearbox. I suggest the fools at VW Google, VW gearboxes, they may learn that are a disaster . VW Australia are the worst.
Can't be bothered writing any more just avoid VW.

BadgeTDI250 Trendline
Engine Size1.9L Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good van, great to drive, excellent on fuel but!

BadgeTSI160 Runner SE

VW Caddy POS

I have a 2010 built-2011 complied VW Caddy 1.6 TDCi, bought it second hand with 3600km on it and it didnt take long to see why the previous owners got rid of it.
So far its had 4 new injectors, ECU, rear suspension bump stops fell out and ive lost count of how many times its gone in to limp mode and taken back to VW for gear box issues.
It only has 36500km on it now (in 4 years)
My wife runs a busines from home and had a Transit van, but when the Twins came along we needed something i could put the kids in and my wife could still work out of, the Caddy suited.
Now the cars run out of Warranty im to scared of it.
Terrible car people STAY AWAY

BadgeTDI250 Comfortline
Engine Size1.6L Turbo

kristielee

kristielee

Awesome Car.. Cheap on fuel and carry's alot

Love this caddy I have a diesel man 2012 model and it has helped me so much moving house, transporting things.. I love it.

Dan

DanSydney

2013 VW Caddy - Edition 30

BadgeTDI320 Edition 30
Evelyn

EvelynHamilton

Well, I like it.

Hard to locate a dealership that actually has one onsite to look at. I also have to drive 4 hours to get to a Service Centre for commercial VWs. But I found a diesel engine model at a Mildura,Vic. dealership and was able to buy it and drive it home within two hours. I like it and am starting to see a few others being driven here in this Western District location.
Good kilometers/ litre of diesel. Smooth ride. Very roomy.
Small pebble cracked windscreen within 3 weeks of purchase. Side mirror flips out of position constantly.

V Dubberchristchurch

2012 Caddy Maxi 1.2 Turbo 5 speed.

I brought mine brand new almost a year ago. I love it, so nice to drive and suits my needs perfectly. Good power and economy mix, and the twin sliding doors are great. My only regrets are I didn't order cruise control and the 17" alloys, the 15's look a little small but I can live with that...
Very refined for a commercial vehicle, good build quality, peppy engine, good looks, versatile.
Nothing

BadgeTSI175 Maxi
V Dubber

Update: The 2012 Caddy has now clocked up 77,000 klm without a single issue. It's coming up 3 years old so will be out of the warranty soon, but i feel confident it will continue to be totally reliable. My advise buy a manual petrol version...

John

Johnasked

How can I tell what size the engine is? just purchased no books & the dealer didn't know. Eng. no CBZ251399
Model 2KN MY!!TS1160 SWB 5sp

elisabeth
elisabeth

Hi John,
I just googled and found this answer. Hope it helps.
Most vehicles have their model year and engine size (4.0L for example) printed on an emissions decal placed on the backside of the hood. If you don't know your vehicle make and model, a quick look at the back of your vehicle may be all you need to do

howard1996

howard1996asked

Looking at purchasing a 2012 caddy with the 1.6lt diesel engine. We currently have 2006-2008 model caddys with the 1.9lt diesel and have had trouble with oil cooler failure. Any problems with the new 1.6?

Skeeta
Skeeta

Hi Howard, no I haven't had any problems with it at all but my is unleaded not diesel if that makes a difference. My motor never misses a beat but and in general the car runs well :)

kalaharib

kalaharibasked

Hi all,
Am driving a 2.0 Tdi Maxi with a DSG5 box, out here in Africa. Been used for long distance and about 5000kms of towing a trailer, maximum weight of 750 kgs.
Gearbox started at 50 000km. Took it in to the agents. A week later am still with no van.
Anyone else with gearbox problems on this Caddy?
@kalaharib

Chris V
Chris V

No problem

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

CategoryVans