Volkswagen Caddy

Volkswagen Caddy (page 2 of 3)

2K.I, 2K.II, Mk.4

• Features

kristielee

kristielee

Awesome Car.. Cheap on fuel and carry's alot

Love this caddy I have a diesel man 2012 model and it has helped me so much moving house, transporting things.. I love it.

Mike J. Gold Coast

Mike J. Gold CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

2010 year model Caddy I.6 lt. diesel Extremely dangerous vehicle.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo

Thea SNambour

Recurring problem with fuel injectors

I have just paid $1337 to replace yet another fuel injector in my disabled son's 2010 modified VW Caddy. One injector had to be replaced Feb 2013, another in July 2013, both under warranty. A request to the VW Service Centre to replace remaining injectors because of an obvious problem was refused. My question: When will the fourth injector fail? Another $1337 that a disability pensioner cannot afford? More frightening - What if this occurs on the Bruce Highway on a hot summer's day? My son has severe physical disabilities, heat exposure brings on seizures, and he is stuck on the side of the road with no means of transport except an ambulance!!!! Perhaps a letter to VW Head Office?

I have had a similar problem with my VW Caddy 2010

Mine has only done 33,000 klms and has gone into limp mode 4 times in the last year. Ours is a modified disabled vehicle. The service centre said is was fuel injector problems and they even replaced the engine ecu worth $3000 (but under warranty) thinking it could have been sending false fuel injector messages. This last time has happened since then. I am also very concerned it could cause a major accident esp on the freeway. I do 10,000 klms per year. What is causing this and how can it be fixed permanently?

Caddy 2006 1.9 TDi

Great to drive and excellent fuel economy when it is on the road. However, it is not on the road long enough between expensive breakdowns / repairs. Eight years old with 260000km and I'm over it. I also have a Hiace with 500000km & going strong. Should've bought another one.

Stuart

StuartTuggerah

Have Just taken Delivery of my Third Caddy

First Caddy 2006 TDI manual traded in 2009 Did have problem with gear box auto, replaced under warranty, I was Given replacement car while work was being done can't fault Central Coast Motor Group. Had Second Caddy TDI Auto for 120,000km Great to drive long distances. New 2014 Caddy has Coarse Control, and Bluetooth.
This should just about make it perfect.
All car can have problems some more then others I guess I was lucky. Its how you get looked after at the time is what's important.

Dan

Jamie BMelbourne

Unreliable

AGRADEMECHANIC
AGRADEMECHANIC

Please provide engine type + size and type of transmission

Evelyn

EvelynHamilton

Well, I like it.

Hard to locate a dealership that actually has one onsite to look at. I also have to drive 4 hours to get to a Service Centre for commercial VWs. But I found a diesel engine model at a Mildura,Vic. dealership and was able to buy it and drive it home within two hours. I like it and am starting to see a few others being driven here in this Western District location.
Good kilometers/ litre of diesel. Smooth ride. Very roomy.
Small pebble cracked windscreen within 3 weeks of purchase. Side mirror flips out of position constantly.

V Dubberchristchurch

2012 Caddy Maxi 1.2 Turbo 5 speed.

I brought mine brand new almost a year ago. I love it, so nice to drive and suits my needs perfectly. Good power and economy mix, and the twin sliding doors are great. My only regrets are I didn't order cruise control and the 17" alloys, the 15's look a little small but I can live with that...
Very refined for a commercial vehicle, good build quality, peppy engine, good looks, versatile.
Nothing

BadgeTSI175 Maxi
Engine Size1.2L Turbo
V Dubber

Update: The 2012 Caddy has now clocked up 77,000 klm without a single issue. It's coming up 3 years old so will be out of the warranty soon, but i feel confident it will continue to be totally reliable. My advise buy a manual petrol version...

whitevan

whitevanOrange

2005 Caddy 1.6 petrol

Engine Size1.6L
DutchAussie

DutchAussieSouthern and Hills, SA

2006 VW Caddy

I bought the VW Caddy 1.9 L TDI with DSG in February 2007.
At this stage I have done 61,000 Km, mostly using Biodiesel.
The van has been excellent so far. It is great to drive, I love the DSG.
Fuel economy is brilliant at 6.2 L/100 Km!
I found the VW part cost high and services expensive.
The VW Caddy Van is great to drive and has excellent fuel economy.

TransmissionAutomatic

Disappointing VW

I was a pretty happy owner for the first few years.. Proud. even after the initial shock of the overpriced servicing.. which I accepted as part of the price of owning a brand new vehicle.. my first . after an assortment of minor malfunctions from the body through to electrical ( after warranty ) then the gear box goes on a four year old VW vehicle . $6600 later .. not so proud.. as it turns out a common problem. Disappointed
Great sized small van.. fuel efficient.. originally inexpensive.
Overpriced servicing.. terrible dealer service.. Poor quality vehicle in the end.

Engine Size1.6L
Mail man

Mail manBrisbane

Caddy Falls Short

Just paid $1860.00 for a 180,000 service do I need to say anymore ! I have had to many things go wrong to mention over the 4 years bought new and serviced at V W dealer. Would not recommend to anyone for business use. Will buy Hyundai I Load and get 5 year warranty fixed price servicing and unlimited Klm.
Fuel economy was good about 6.5 ltrs per 100km
Parts and servicing to expensive. If your getting it done cheaper it probably not being done properly

JiffaPerth, Western Australia

Very Happy04
Very Happy04
VickiG
VickiG

Seeking all persons with a problem

We have had our Caddy for just over three years now and it has done 130 000kms. Apparently the Gearbox has gone, VW gets to decide if they repair or replace it. I think not. We got from a good dealer but as now the Dealearship is with the dodgy brothers. Just wanted to hear from anybody else with similar problems.
Loved it before this, but $ 8500 gear box @ 130 000k's Don't like anymore.

jan hall
jan hall
drifand

drifandWA, 6112

Absolutely not worth investing

sampson3199

sampson3199

Averaged 4.2l/100 km on the trip. Total average over 120,000 km is 5.9l/100km. My wife drives this car for her antique/furniture shop. Uses the space all the time. She totally loves this car even after 4 years! No problems at all.
Great size: small to park but huge in carrying capacity. Holds a double mattress in the back. Lots of ingenious storage areas under seats and above. So economical in the 1.9 turbo diesel manual. Great finish and dash. Handles well. Cheap to service. Easy on tyres.
Seats are a bit hard. Drove from Perth to Adelaide and back in a week with a sore bottom.