Volkswagen Caddy

Volkswagen Caddy (page 3 of 3)

2K.I, 2K.II, Mk.4

rearrangeAU

Good

TransmissionManual
rearrange

I should also add that the van has had a variety of rattles over its life (2.5 years, 20,000km's) and the VW symbol dropped off the key some time ago. Neither reflect good build quality.

Terrible

I have just traded my 2006 1.9 Caddy Life and feels good to have it gone. When traded it needed about another $4,000.00 of repairs – air conditioning didn’t work (2nd time) rear brakes, rear shock absorbers & CV joints all needed fixing and I had just spent $2,500.00 fixing the clutch (and that was the cheap single plate one) at 120,000km. Recently fixed the clutch on a Toyota (with 210,000km) for $330.00. Paint, yes paint, was coming off radio buttons, power window buttons, and passenger and drivers arm rests.
Fun to driveVery Economical (diesel)Good SizeGood Performance
Unreliable Poor quality finish in some areasvery very expensive to fix

Engine Size1.9L Turbo

Great to drive but don't keep it for long

Our company operates 10 VW Caddy's so far we have split two gearboxes one with only 70,000 kilometres on the clock. We have Toyotas with over 300,000 kms and they have not had a spanner laid on them other than regular service.
great fuel economy
Unreliable and expensive to repair

Vans

how to fill transmision oil on my 2012 caddy

Johan K.

Johan K.asked

Caddy

Hi there, I'm driving a 2012 caddy 2.0tdi with 75000ks on the clock and there is a whining sound comes from the diesel injector pump. Any advice is much appreciated.

Catherine
Catherine

Take to a mechanic! Low kilometres for it to be a major problem but you never know.

Stu N.

Stu N.asked

2009 vw caddy auto.
Drives fine but sometimes when put in reverse it wont go and dash lights come on. ????

Compare all 3 Volkswagen Caddy