8Volkswagen Caddy

Features

Gary
GaryPerth, WA

Very reliable

I bought my first Caddy 1.6 2K about 3 years ago with 220k on the clock. Its been extremely reliable with normal maintenance. Only replaced brake rotors and pads as expected with mileage. Its used every day as a work van. Its just done over 315k. Recently I had a problem with power. Long story but in the end it s appear to be a bad fuel pump. Saying all this im very happy. Drives like a sedan...very comfortable with range of about 650km. Would buy another with question Show details
Performance
Ted
Ted31 posts
  Mk.4

Great work car

Great car for work, 2.0TDI is responsive and powerful enough for around town. DSG works well and you easily adapt to it. Short wheel base but still plenty of room in the back. 2019 model year so it has Apple CarPlay/android Auto. Been perfectly reliable with zero faults in 50,000km.
My only gripe tho is when you have barn doors, you can’t get the reverse camera unless you ask VW to put one in after you take delivery of it, but saying that, the reverse camera once added is high resolution and looks just like the other VW cameras. Show details
Overall
Features
Rob
Rob
  2K.I

Happy so far fingers crossed

I bought my Vw caddy 2010 Tdi 3 years ago, no problems thus far not sure if it's because I have 1.9 diesel motor or not, but I think the 1.6 petrol is the problem. Would like to hear more comments from the diesel owners to what problems to look out for cheers about the clutch some people just don't know how to drive manual, vow is very touchy. Cheers

kristielee
kristielee3 posts
  2K.II

Awesome Car.. Cheap on fuel and carry's alot

Love this caddy I have a diesel man 2012 model and it has helped me so much moving house, transporting things.. I love it.

Stuart
StuartTuggerah

Have Just taken Delivery of my Third Caddy

First Caddy 2006 TDI manual traded in 2009 Did have problem with gear box auto, replaced under warranty, I was Given replacement car while work was being done can't fault Central Coast Motor Group. Had Second Caddy TDI Auto for 120,000km Great to drive long distances. New 2014 Caddy has Coarse Control, and Bluetooth.

This should just about make it perfect.

All car can have problems some more then others I guess I was lucky. Its how you get looked after at the time is what's important.

V Dubber
V Dubberchristchurch3 posts
  2K.II

2012 Caddy Maxi 1.2 Turbo 5 speed

I brought mine brand new almost a year ago. I love it, so nice to drive and suits my needs perfectly. Good power and economy mix, and the twin sliding doors are great. My only regrets are I didn't order cruise control and the 17" alloys, the 15's look a little small but I can live with that...
Very refined for a commercial vehicle, good build quality, peppy engine, good looks, versatile.
Nothing Show details ·  2
DutchAussie
DutchAussieSouthern and Hills, SA12 posts

2006 VW Caddy

I bought the VW Caddy 1.9 L TDI with DSG in February 2007.

At this stage I have done 61,000 Km, mostly using Biodiesel.

The van has been excellent so far. It is great to drive, I love the DSG.

Fuel economy is brilliant at 6.2 L/100 Km!

I found the VW part cost high and services expensive.
The VW Caddy Van is great to drive and has excellent fuel economy.

sampson3199
sampson319911 posts
  2K.I

Averaged 4.2l/100 km on the trip. Total average over 120,000 km is 5.9l/100km. My wife drives this car for her antique/furniture shop. Uses the space all the time. She totally loves this car even after 4 years! No problems at all.
Great size: small to park but huge in carrying capacity. Holds a double mattress in the back. Lots of ingenious storage areas under seats and above. So economical in the 1.9 turbo diesel manual. Great finish and dash. Handles well. Cheap to service. Easy on tyres.
Seats are a bit hard. Drove from Perth to Adelaide and back in a week with a sore bottom.

Compare all Volkswagen Caddy listings