2007-2014 Volkswagen Eos

• Interior Design
  • Features

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Second hand diamond

Purchased in October 2018 for $5,500.00.

Noise Level
Features

Kaz

KazSydney

Fun car with oomph

I wanted a convertible for a long time. When I began researching I found the Eos was affordable, had lower insurance costs than other higher end brands. The top unfolds with the touch of a button in around 10 seconds. It’s full leather interior is comfortable. It seats four though the rear seats are a bit small for people taller than 5’8 or so. It has great response on the road with turbo drive and smooth DSG gear shift. The only downside, like all higher performing cars is that it’s expensive as a run around. On long distances it’s fuel economy is better. Other than that this is a great car all year round

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DeeMelb

The most fun I have ever had driving any car

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Thanos

ThanosSydney

I Love my EOS

Purchased new in August 2011 when received it was a MY12 version. Now 2018 the only thing I would say is that it consumes more oil than any other car that I have had in the past. Its a great drive, bright and airy; and FUN. Running costs which includes petrol, insurance, rego and servicing for us is about 6K per year, we are close to a train line and about 20 minutes from city. If there is one thing I would have changed if I could go back would be to get electric seats - the rest is perfect.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Good car

Mine is 2008. It’s been perfect. Roof has leaked in the past but only in torrential rain and it was when the car had been just sitting in the rain and so some kind of puddle must have formed on the roof. It’s not like it’s raining and the rain just comes in. This has happened twice. It was easily fixed by taking roof back then back on again. Great car. I drive it far distances and have always had it serviced on time etc. Definitely recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Jon

Jon

We love this car

Did a lot of research before buying this. If your nervous about going convertible, this is the one. The hard top means full security and low driving noise when it’s up. Roof down, and it’s fun, still quiet, a pleasure to drive. Heaps of grunt, quality interior (really quite premium). No issues with reliability so far- ours is a 2012. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

David

DavidPerth

It's not perfect, but good

As a 2hand car, I was worry about it would break down on road. After more than 1 year, finally I have gotten a
positive answer.

Driving is a really fun, although mixed some noises inside. Fuel cost around 9L/ 100KM, engine oil need to add 1L/5000KM+. Fortunately,I have been never hurted by DSG, it works well.

I tried to replace new edition gateway twice,but failed. If the gateway can't be renewed, that means I can't upgrade a new CD player due to old gateway leakage when it uses for new player. But I have to say the speakers of Eos are great.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

userid42Sydney, NSW

A wonderful lifestyle car

TransmissionDSG
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Perfect on the outside, not so perfect on the inside.

I absolute love the look of my car but having bought it second hand I have had to clean up all the issues. Roof leakages, airbag fault problems and computer issues. I now have a coolant leak and also have had issues with the car blowing warm air constantly. I also had to replace one headlight and that costed me $283 to replace a globe.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Eso

EsoAU

South Ybarra Volkswagen amazing service & amazing cars

I've had Volkswagen cars for over 10 years, two brand new beetles & an eso
All have been amazing cars, u will always have a hiccup here & there but that's with anything. However in saying that Volkswagen always re pair it without any issues. The eso has been an amazing car, regardless of the weather or road conditions I've never had any issue & if anything compared to other European cars its far the best when it comes to value for dollar. No other European company has a hard top convertible with sunroof for the same figure.
Overall, an amazing car !

loocee0

loocee0

Bad

What a great looking car. It is a shame that it has these problems because I will never buy another one. You pay all that money and expect more.
It looks great and has good power.
It has been back to vw so many times for water building up in the doors. When it has been raining and you open the doors you get your feet soaking wet. I am now told that they all do this (I have a friend that has one and hers does not leak). DSG gearbox chugs on take off frequently and also rolls backwards on hill starts.

A Disappointment

The Worst Car I Have Ever Brought!

Within six months of buying the car the computer failed and the car had to be towed. Since then the radiator has been replaced not once but twice, the roof has leaked and has been repaired. It burns through the tyres, because the shock absorbers don't put enough downward pressure on the back tyres resulting in uneven and early wear. Whilst the dealership has been excellent in trying to help with the issues, I have not so much as had an apology from the complaints department of the Australian head office. I will never buy another VW.
Engine has great power and it has great fuel efficiency
Very poor quality and reliability, no decent customer care from VW Australia

TrueBlue

TrueBlueGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

Olga
Olga

I've had an EOS for 2 years and have had no problem at all. It's a beautiful piece of design. Beware frustrated people who write reviews in capital letters

ibidonstuff

ibidonstuffsdfe, 3455, British Virgin Islands

This is a great car to drive. I tried the 2.0 liter FSI and with the top down this is just great fun, especially driving down the Great ocean road or in the outback in the bush. Its very responsive and full of go. The motor seems to purr when you put your foot down. The hardtop is quick to fold in or out which is a fortunate thing given victorias notorious four seasons in a day kind of weather. The hard top also means you have the best of both worlds, a convertible in the warmer months and a coupe in the cooler months. oh did i mention that this is one ggreat looking car; because it is.
Great looking car. Has the go as well as the show. The best of both worlds, a convertible or a coupe. Very responsive engine.

geoffa1

geoffa1Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its a far better car than anything it competes with price wise,(BMW ! series, Audi A1, Astra, Focus, Megane, 308CC and a far cheaper car than anything it competes with quality/driving experience/engineering wise (SAAB 9-3, Volvo C70)Mine is 2 years old and had been perfect - if anyone is looking for a hardtop convertible, go for an Eos, you won't be dissapointed
Great looking, super economical (diesel), fun to drive, a real 4 seater

Beautiful car to drive in any conditions

Isobel M.

Isobel M.asked

I had the airbags replaced under product recall. When I dropped the car off at VW Ringwood the roof worked perfectly well.
They called me to pick up car after replacing airbags and told me the roof was not functioning.
Can they have done something to affect roof opening. It doesn't open all the way and malfunctions awkwardly mid function.

Dee

I had my airbag replaced and no issue with roof so I would advise speaking to vw dealership who did this replacement.

Michael

I would say the dealership needs to read the error codes and possibly reset. Failing this disconnect the battery to reset the vehicle.

RAC

RACasked

per km running cost?

Michael

In what respect fuel economy?
7k per litre

Bridget K.

Bridget K.asked

I'm buying my first car and was wondering if this would be a good car. The roof issue shouldn't be a problem with me as it will be in a garage, but the safety components of the car is what I would really like to know about. Has anyone had any major safety issues with the car?

Michael

Great little car, just make sure you read all the reviews and do your homework on what to look for when buying.

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

Other Convertibles