Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 Hatchback

Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017) Questions & Answers

90TSI, 92TSI, GTI, etc...

3 questions from our users

Deah C

Deah Casked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017)

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 Highline TDI mk 7. It's immaculate inside and out, one owner, I can tell the car has been well loved and looked after. I've never had a euro car before, but am looking for something that is high tech, and economical. The golf seems to tick those boxes but I hear mixed reviews.. Can anyone shed some light on your experience with these cars?

Liam H.
Liam H.

I can only answer from my own experience of my Golf, purchased new in Sept 2015. It's done 107,000km and been serviced regularly (7 times). Has been a fantastic little car, fun to drive, economical yet nimble. That being said, much comes down to how it's looked after (clean oil, quality fuel, fresh air) all goes a long way to having the car serve a long, useful life - but my experience is a thumbs up and enjoy these cars!

Mr. Fix itasked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback 110TDI (2013-2017)

Has anyone had a remote control car key die and found any alternative to paying the $620 VW want for a new one please? My car is a 2016 Golf TDI, auto Mark 7
Thank you, John.

Meredith Gibson
Meredith Gibson

Good luck John. In my experience, VW are not helpful and are very expensive. My golf does not have a remote key but you would think they would have a battery that could be replaced as other remote devices do. Maybe that’s just another way VW makes more money.

Mr. Fix it

Thanks Meredith but I have changed the battery and it still doesn't work. Looks like it needs a new internal PCB.
Thanks anyway, regards John.

Sandra D

Sandra Dasked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback 110TDI (2013-2017)

My car is a 2016 TDI Golf hatchback Highline. Could you please tell me if it is a mrk 6 or 7 and also the windscreen dimensions? Thanks.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Logically check your manual or sales doco first

Mr. Fix it

Hi Sandra. I have just needed to find an answer to the same question. I've been through all the documentation including service book, sales dockets etc. and came up blank. A good Google search provided the answer. The easy answer is ... if you have rounded tail lights, it's Mk 6, if they are sharp edged design, Mk 7. Mark 7 also has the sophisticated "Infotainment System" with GPS and lots of other choices (radio, car, menu etc.) in the middle of the dash.
Regards, John.