Best car ever owned
We use the car daily. Test drove the Ford Focus, Hyundai i30n. Ford was very good too, but needed an auto. Bought the base GTI as a demo. It is the upgraded '19 model, 180 kw, 7 Spd DSG (from the R), bigger brakes (from R)& mech front diff (from the R). Beautiful comfortable car, great seats and sound/radio. VW has really refined this hatch, and this car is sorted. Great sleeper that really rumbles when required, but always the preferred car to drive after nearly 12mths. No issues so far, just feels very well built and is a solid, fun ...car to drive. Mixes utility with being a sports car. I wish the start-stop could be deactivated, but it works I just prefer to start the car once. DSG is very good and fast. Great on petrol, avg about 7-8 litres, which is awesome for such a powerful car. Great to park, would have been nice if rear camera guide lines moved with front wheels but system works well. Very minor complaint. Auto parking is nifty and smart. The tech is this car is well above the competition
Purchased in September 2019.
GTI an amazing car
1) stylish and modern. but still has the classic golf body
2) gti is uper fast and zippy on the road. very little turbo lag
2) interior is fantastic especially if you choose the leather option. gives it a real luxury feel.
1) boot space is a bit small. however enough for couples and young family.
2) later models only have leather option with sunroof. this is costly.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.