Volkswagen Golf Mk.7

Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017) (page 2 of 7)

Wagon, Hatchback

• Comfort

Miggy.o

Miggy.o

Wish i bought a Toyota

I use my gti mk7 as a everyday car with modifications and iv been having issues not with my sport modifications but with simple yet expensive standard features such as corner light sensors and cruise control systems. The car just doesn't feel like a high end car after 1 yr. Feels like a old abused car although i take care of it and get it serviced. Wish i had bought a Toyota.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
C.lee

C.leePerth

Great car but needs better QC

MK7 GTI owner, best hatchrocket ever driven, slick design and beautiful interior. However, continuously rattling keep bothers me so now I'm switch to a higher level brand than VW, the engine mount needed strengthen, it vibrates in an abnormal way under hard acceleration which is what this car designed for.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
John M.

John M.Melbourne

Repairs, Repairs and then more repairs

My Golf was fantastic to drive right up to 4years old and 100,000 kms THEN it all started. Radiator, Timing Chain, Horn, Brake Master Cylinder, Clutch Master Cylinder and the list goes on and on. Its just gone in for a new clutch today. Always serviced on time, driven by 40+ yo parent adult.

Complained to VW but they wont answer any questions (5+ emails over several months).

BodyConvertible
Badge118TSI
Date PurchasedApr 2012

R Livsey

R LivseySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very nice car

Commuter vehicle 12000k per year. Very comfortable. Surprisingly good acceleration. Nippy.
Big inside, the back is excellent for the size. Economical. Lots of headroom. Big boot
Reliable, not like the Mark6 118 I had before that was dreadful. So bad I got an I30, very happy to return to VW though I did pay for an extended warranty.
PROBLEMS - not too bad.
Feeble reversing lights, they are the tiny frosted strips in the cluster. Therefore the reversing camera is hopeless at night, when it might be useful.
Has some stupid software with the camera interfering with normal use.
Jumpy from start with the stop/start function.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jeff

Jeff

Not the most reliable car

Badge92TSI Comfortline
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Vince

VinceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

absolutely loving this car

bought my golf in Aug 17 and absolutely loving it.
it feels sporty and powerful. Interior feels very quality and comfort.
so far I have had any issue with it other than car key battery life is bit short. within a year, I have both batteries replaced for both keys.
Start is just a little bit sluggish but I guess coz of turbo engine. it is not as quite as I expect on a bit of bumpy roads but on high way it breezes thru.

Badge110TSI Highline
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedAug 2017
Julz

Julz

Great car - not perfect but I love it.

Badge110TSI Highline
Date PurchasedMar 2016
George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Biggest mistake of my life.

After getting promoted, I celebrated by buying a new Golf R, I spared no expense and was bowled over by the many test drives I completed. Everything was going well until the first service, keep in mind I’m a trained mechanic and pilot, but had to use them for warranty reasons - for the next year it was in and out, new turbos, new parts, leaks, electronics that would freeze and stutter and then it flat out wouldn’t start. Fair to say they don’t like the Aussie heat much, even so, rubbish car for the price.

BadgeR
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Benw89

Benw89Ipswich

Great car, drives well and is good on fuel.

The performance of this car is amazing, for a 4 cylinder 1.4L turbo car it is very zippy, the only downside I have found performance wise is the car is a bit slow to respond when you put your foot on the accelerator. The interior of the car looks and feels streamline and has easily accessible features whilst driving. The value for money in regards to fuel is good, roughly 800km out of a tank on premium fuel.

Badge103TSI R Line
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Find out how Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 compares to other Cars

good build but disappointing drive at low speed

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Barb

BarbSydney

Love my golf

I own a 2015 golf. Purchased it brand new from the dealer and have never had a better car. Was my first time downsizing since the kids moved out and very happy to have such a reliable and quality small car. Much easier to get around than the big station wagon I used to own.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2015 tsi. Unacceptable turbo lag and bizarre reverse camera screen

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedOct 2015
den

denSydney, NSW

Nice car but don’t get fooled

I own 2014 be golf 90 tsi.. bought it brand new from the dealer..Very nice car to drive, superb handling, cosy cabin, everything looks luxurious, big boot, nice touch screen, however, it has numerous issues: 1) turbo lag. Especially city driving 2) expensive to fix problems I terms of parts 3) expensive service annually around $400 minimum, 4) big issue with DSG..and if your has transmission filaure while your warranty is over then it would be really exp to fix.( mine had issue in transmission after 2 year..)Hence, I wouldn’t recommend especially any second hand purchase as well as brand new..hope this helps and I don’t work for any car companies..

Badge92TSI
Date PurchasedApr 2015
meg

megAdelaide

2014 VW Golf is pretty good

Ive been happy so far with the 2014 VW golf. Petrol version. Drives powerfully, comfortable, quite cheap to run on long distances. No problems so far, but I am a bit concerned that repairs will be pricey when or if something goes wrong. I think I would go with Toyota or Mazda or Subaru next time.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Mia

MiaNewcastle

Love my car

I really really enjoy my car and the driving experience I have. The performance is great, I get 850 kms to the tank when I drive around town/ on the highway. It is amazing. I dislike that I got the basic model in terms of the material as it does stain easily. I think its a great sized car and it is extremely reliable. All in all, great car!

Badge118TSI
Engine Size1.2
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Swanny

SwannyBrisbane

Great car to drive

It's fast, looks very stylish, sounds great especially when driving through a tunnel. The fuel usage is definitely not bad at all. Very comfortable to sit in for long periods, having Android Auto/CarPlay is a god send in this day and age. It handles very well, takes corners without any issues. Only issues I have is the USB port in the dash is a bit awkward to plug things into and feels a tad loose. Also not a huge fan of the seat cover pattern.

Engine Size2.8
Date PurchasedJan 2018
G R P K

G R P KGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great stylish city car

The car is easy and pleasant to drive. Fuel efficiency is great. The European build is solid. I haven’t had any problems with my car since buying it new in 2013. The interior highline package looks high end and costs no extra with the 103TSI engine, unlike most other competitor models. Legroom and boot space are good too.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
frogger

froggerSydney

Feature Packed but Unreliable

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Mabel

MabelRowville

Efficient, zippy and luxury

This car is really comfortable to drive, its quiet and steers really well. The seats and interiors have been really well thought out with clever features such as reverse and front sensors to assist with no accidental bumps, the locking system that also closes your windows. Its fuel efficient and has a zippy powerful kick in its drive.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
ScR

ScRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does what it says on the tin - a timeless car

Badge92TSI Trendline
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)

I purchased my Golf SE mk7 over 2 years ago. The infotainment system stopped working 29th June2020 my warranty ran out on 4th July, problem was I was in lock down in Spain due to Corona virus and could not get a ferry crossing until 15th July. I called Volswagon in Vera Spain and earliest appointment was 10th July. They did the second service, 18000 miles on clock and investigated infotainment system. Paid 93 euros for service and was given a quote for 1,985 euros to replace the broken system as it was over the warranty. I called the volkswagen dealer where I bought the car they said to take it to my local dealer in Shrewsbury which I did as it needed its first mot. They agreed it was broken and needed replacing. Even though it was impossible to get back before the warranty expired the would only give me 20% off the bill and I would have to pay £1600 to have it replaced. Do u think this is fair?

Deah C

Deah Casked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017)

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 Highline TDI mk 7. It's immaculate inside and out, one owner, I can tell the car has been well loved and looked after. I've never had a euro car before, but am looking for something that is high tech, and economical. The golf seems to tick those boxes but I hear mixed reviews.. Can anyone shed some light on your experience with these cars?

Liam H.
Liam H.

I can only answer from my own experience of my Golf, purchased new in Sept 2015. It's done 107,000km and been serviced regularly (7 times). Has been a fantastic little car, fun to drive, economical yet nimble. That being said, much comes down to how it's looked after (clean oil, quality fuel, fresh air) all goes a long way to having the car serve a long, useful life - but my experience is a thumbs up and enjoy these cars!

Mr. Fix itasked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback 110TDI (2013-2017)

Has anyone had a remote control car key die and found any alternative to paying the $620 VW want for a new one please? My car is a 2016 Golf TDI, auto Mark 7
Thank you, John.

Meredith Gibson
Meredith Gibson

Good luck John. In my experience, VW are not helpful and are very expensive. My golf does not have a remote key but you would think they would have a battery that could be replaced as other remote devices do. Maybe that’s just another way VW makes more money.

Mr. Fix it

Thanks Meredith but I have changed the battery and it still doesn't work. Looks like it needs a new internal PCB.
Thanks anyway, regards John.