Volkswagen Golf Mk.7

Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017) (page 3 of 7)

Wagon, Hatchback

• Features
  • Comfort

Griffin L.

Griffin L.Sydney

Good family car, easy to drive

The car driving experience is very smooth, the car itself is lightweight so it is very responsive to turns and maneuvers. The interior is nice, with real leather grain seats and overall minimal plastic, but some of the doors and also the front dash is all the ugly rigid plastic, which ruins the aesthetic of the car. Overall, would recommend as an entry-level family car due to is ease to drive.

BodyConvertible
BadgeBlueMOTION
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Lyn

LynBrisbane

Great first car.

I have a manual comfort line golf and it is very easy to drive and handle. The engine is very quiet compared to other cars and the windows and overall body are very soundproof and block out outside noise. The interior is very comfortable and the dashboard is easy to read. I dislike the manual winding that is required when adjusting the seat though.

It is very reliable but service prices are quite high and it only takes 95 and above fuel, so it can be quite costly at times. However, it is a great car and I am very happy with it.

BadgeComfortline
Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedMay 2015
minijumbuk

minijumbuk

Incredible value for money!

Badge103TDI Comfortline
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Jess k

Jess kPerth

Best car I have ever driven!

Interior is definitely my favourite even in the comfort line. The dashboard comes with the large screen so it is easy for my eyes. I have a 2016 golf comfort line, auto. The car drives very smooth on the road, excellent great on fuel. The running cost is very cheap for a student like me!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
matts

mattsPerth

One of the best cars ive driven.

I have a 2015 golf comfort line, manual. What a great car! very smooth on the road, great on fuel and a fantastic interior with all the gadgets you could need. running costs are fairly low with capped price servicing for the first 3 years.Plenty of boot room and space at the rear seats.

Engine Size1.2
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Fantastic Car!! (90TSI 6S Manual)

- The engine feels very responsive.
- Haven't had any issues with the motor yet (40,000kms)
- Interior is easily best in class. Especially when comparing against the Focus and Mazda 3.
- Fuel efficiency is fantastic even with a lead foot. Average l/100 is 7.1 for a majority of peak hour stop and start traffic.
- One downside is the need for 95 Unleaded however.
- One major disadvantage of VW's in general is the ridiculous fees that are charged for servicing them at a VW service centre.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Myer

Myer

VW golf wagon - best car

Such a pleasure to drive. Apart from the superior handling and complete silence from within the cabin - the dashboard and music features are so good! I connect my iPhone and apple car play starts up. It reads my text messages to me and google maps comes up on the screen. Plays my music, let’s me talk hands free, it’s great. Automatic lights and windscreen wipers are also a nice addition. I bought my car from Sydney city VW at Botany after a poor experience with the sales people at Sutherland VW.
This is the 3rd VW golf I’ve owned and I can’t fault it. It has great pick up and can overtake easily.

Badge90TSI Trendline

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Jennie

Jennie

I love my golf!

I absolutely love my Golf. It is very fuel efficient and extremely smooth to drive. The added features like Apple play console, parking assist features are very generous inclusions for the base model to have.

This is the second golf I have owned and I can’t imagine wanting to drive a different car anytime in the near future.

Badge118TSI
Engine Size1.2
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Franke

FrankeMelbourne

Love that car!

I have loved owning this Golf R over the past 3 years, and it has done nothing but perform to my highest of expectations. I love the interior and power and performance. I have had no issues and Volkswagen Australia have been a dream to work with.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
VASMAN

VASMANSydney, NSW

I AM VERY UNDERSTANDING TO A POINT.

Badge110TDI Highline
Date PurchasedSep 2015
Ace

AceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smooth Ride

This car is just amazing, it is so smooth and handles great. You don't feel any bumps or potholes on the road. Top quality throughout. German engineering at its best. With lots of power the two litre 110TDI highline Diesel is the the one to lookout for.
A very safe and reliable vehicle with capped servicing you can't go wrong. Take a test drive & good luck.

Badge110TDI Highline

Date PurchasedMar 2015
fdsaj

fdsajAU

Rubbish

Well let's start with a positive.
It's a very nice car to drive, steers and handles well.
Otherwise we've had nothing but issues since we bought it in 2014.
We had the engine ticking noise which vw refused to admit until I insisted they fix it.
Now, just out of warranty, with only 10,000k we have the DSG/clutch shudder issue, which according to VW Five Dock is not something they will admit exists! Apparently it will cost around $3000 to fix though.
Seriously, don't buy a golf or any VW car with DSG.
And no comments from those who blame the driver please.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Mick

MickGeelong

Second Clutch second gear selector never again

With 3000 km on the clock stuck in south Australia on holidays the clutch failed and gear selector failed vw Australia was very poor in admitting it's a lemon the infortment system was also playing up not working not turning on this took over 12 months to fix. Now 55000 km on the clock we are back where we started. After fighting with Werribee vw the you best friends to sell you a car but when it all goes to crap they don't want to know you typical I would recommend a golf to anyone and as for vw Australia multi billion dollar company where your loyalty to customers wipe me like a piece of crap like you cars.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Snocap2028berndr@highway1.com.au

From a dream car to a lemon within 4 years

Overall the driving experience has been fantastic with super quick acceleration from a stop at traffice lights. However in the last months of the warranty the DSG gearbox failed and was replaced under warranty but there was still some whining noise coming from the engine bay while driving and recently got worse with severe knocking noise.
The last straw was when a GEARBOX ERROR message appeared on the dash and nearly stalled the car mid driving. Took it back to my local VW dealer who advised that there was a major flaw with the Mechtronics which controlled the gears and mentioned that the whole gear box will need to replaced now. This has soured my taste for VW and will probably go back a reliable Toyota again.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Snocap2028

I have since had the gearbox replaced under warranty..thank god for that otherwise I would've been $10K out of pocket, but I still feel uneasy driving the Golf now since the exchange.

darby

darbyBrisbane

Great Car - Plenty of power

Mine is a manual, so I enjoy going through the gears.

Very nice to drive even for an old geezer like me.

I have nothing but praise for the engineering and smooth operation of this vehicle

A lot of automatic controls even in the windscreen, that make replacements costly

Makes me feel good

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)

I purchased my Golf SE mk7 over 2 years ago. The infotainment system stopped working 29th June2020 my warranty ran out on 4th July, problem was I was in lock down in Spain due to Corona virus and could not get a ferry crossing until 15th July. I called Volswagon in Vera Spain and earliest appointment was 10th July. They did the second service, 18000 miles on clock and investigated infotainment system. Paid 93 euros for service and was given a quote for 1,985 euros to replace the broken system as it was over the warranty. I called the volkswagen dealer where I bought the car they said to take it to my local dealer in Shrewsbury which I did as it needed its first mot. They agreed it was broken and needed replacing. Even though it was impossible to get back before the warranty expired the would only give me 20% off the bill and I would have to pay £1600 to have it replaced. Do u think this is fair?

Deah C

Deah Casked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017)

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 Highline TDI mk 7. It's immaculate inside and out, one owner, I can tell the car has been well loved and looked after. I've never had a euro car before, but am looking for something that is high tech, and economical. The golf seems to tick those boxes but I hear mixed reviews.. Can anyone shed some light on your experience with these cars?

Liam H.
Liam H.

I can only answer from my own experience of my Golf, purchased new in Sept 2015. It's done 107,000km and been serviced regularly (7 times). Has been a fantastic little car, fun to drive, economical yet nimble. That being said, much comes down to how it's looked after (clean oil, quality fuel, fresh air) all goes a long way to having the car serve a long, useful life - but my experience is a thumbs up and enjoy these cars!

Mr. Fix itasked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback 110TDI (2013-2017)

Has anyone had a remote control car key die and found any alternative to paying the $620 VW want for a new one please? My car is a 2016 Golf TDI, auto Mark 7
Thank you, John.

Meredith Gibson
Meredith Gibson

Good luck John. In my experience, VW are not helpful and are very expensive. My golf does not have a remote key but you would think they would have a battery that could be replaced as other remote devices do. Maybe that’s just another way VW makes more money.

Mr. Fix it

Thanks Meredith but I have changed the battery and it still doesn't work. Looks like it needs a new internal PCB.
Thanks anyway, regards John.