Volkswagen Golf Mk.7

Volkswagen Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017) (page 4 of 7)

Wagon, Hatchback

• Comfort

Tara

Tara

great compact car

love my golf- its great for getting round the city and a great size. can fit 5 people in the car and go for a few hours out of the city with no problems. runs really well and diesel lasts really well. love the heated seats - wouldn't change the car

BadgeClassic

Badge110TDI Highline
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Nick

NickMurray Region, NSW

Wonderful Car is most respects, except reliability.

Badge90TSI Comfortline
Date PurchasedSep 2015
JessC

JessCSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good Overall but

Bought the brabd new comfortline version in 2016. It drives like a dream and fuel economic as we'd like it to be. The Automatic resting mode is quite irritating as we don't really need it but this little golf has more space than we thought as we managed to carry 2.4 metre length of timber in the car so it is quite big for its size

Badge92TSI Comfortline
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Lynne w

Lynne w

Golf Gti

I love my Golf GTi. It's my pocket rocket and hard to keep the men folk of the family out of it. Zippy fast smooth efficient comfortable and looks hot. servicing is reasonable and is on a par with most car brands. I am so in love with this car and I know I'll have it for quite some time.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Connie

ConnieMelbourne

Economic in petrol but struggles even with a turbo engine

The car is slow to accelerate (dealer did advise about this) but I did expect more given the engine. It is on the economical side for fuel saving money in the long run. There is limited leg room for the back seats but given this is a hatchback it is expected. So far has been running well without any issues

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Jane O

Jane OMildura

For one of the safest cars around, it has a massive blindspot!

Badge103TDI Comfortline
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedNov 2013
NRC

NRCSydney

Great , zippy car.!

This car is fantastic for the price . 7 speed dsg gearbox is a delight . Considering it only has 92kw from its 1.4 l turbo it feels like 120kw due to the smooth transition from gears . Interior is ok , but packed with electronics rear parking sensors lane assist and optional parallel park assist. Fuel consumption is average 8litres / 100km which is pretty good . Interior cabin is quite large for a hatchback . Leg room is quite roomy than most small cars . Great reliability and I would certainly buy a VW Golf again in future. Highly recommend.!!

Badge92TSI Trendline
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Yas

Yassydney

Not the best

It looks prettier then other options in similar price range but when you are a passenger at the back you do get dizzy, and naseous. The person we bought it from even advised that it is complicated and difficult to drive and warned my father that I had to get some soft of special license before I drove it.

BodyConvertible

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Sammy

SammySouth East Queensland, QLD

The best ride!

Love love love this car! I previously had the Polo but I am so glad I upgraded to this model. The interior feels expensive, unlike a lot of the other cars that are a similar size from other brands. It's a very comfortable ride with power when required. I plan to have this car as my forever car.

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedApr 2015
vanessa

vanessa

perfect car

very good shape and outside inside look ,easy handle,perfect size for me and my boyfriend, easy parking, saving petrol;quiet to drive, very stable at highway good quality and very safety to drive,the disadvantage is the market price is quite out of my budget, I can only afford second-hand Volkswagen Golf

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Lily

LilyMelbourne

Best car

Best car I've owned. So smith and easy to drive in. Would easily recommend to all ages. So quiet to drive. Perfect size to fit whole family but also small. Excellent handling. Absolutely amazing fuel efficiency, never got so many Liters per kilometres. Absolutely great price for a car! Easily recommend

Badge103TSI Highline
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedJun 2017
Emilio

EmilioAdelaide

Great Car.

I have had this car for 2 years now and have not had any major issues with it. Runs smooth and handles what you would expect in a golf. Fuel economy is also great & for a small car has reasonable leg space in the back. Only downfall is maybe too small a boot but that is expected. 9.10.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Pete CColac

Perfect for high mileage highway driving

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Jfodder

Jfodder

Gearbox issues

Our VW golf is 4 years old and although we have had it service yearly at a VW dealership, we have always had another issue every year. Most problems have been rectified by 'computer upgrades' which I don't understand why it needs to be done again after a regular service.
We have had a issue with the gearbox and although initially told it was out of the 3 year warranty, in the end they replaced it for free. This would've caused us a few grand out of pocket. They replaced it because they acknowledge there are many issues with the gearbox in the cars that weren't even on the recall list.
Our mechanic told us to sell the car now that it has a new gearbox and is problem free for now.

BodyWagon
Date PurchasedJun 2013
Daz

Daz

92TSI Manual

Very impressed. Grunty engine that makes power down really low. ( I stall the corolla after driving the Golf).

Good quality interior, handles great, amazing fuel economy. Don't let the premium fuel worry you. We run the 94 octane from BP and it is the same price as 91 most of the time. Average less than 5l phk.

We have the base model and couldn't be happier.

Badge92TSI
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Happy Customer

Happy CustomerMelbourne

Love it..Have a Polo as well and is great

I love all of it.Can't fault a single thing.The drive on the golf is smooth and handles very well on the road.I have no complaints about the interior i think it is well set out and the running costs on the vehilcle is very cheap In all a great little car.

BadgeBlueMOTION
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)

I purchased my Golf SE mk7 over 2 years ago. The infotainment system stopped working 29th June2020 my warranty ran out on 4th July, problem was I was in lock down in Spain due to Corona virus and could not get a ferry crossing until 15th July. I called Volswagon in Vera Spain and earliest appointment was 10th July. They did the second service, 18000 miles on clock and investigated infotainment system. Paid 93 euros for service and was given a quote for 1,985 euros to replace the broken system as it was over the warranty. I called the volkswagen dealer where I bought the car they said to take it to my local dealer in Shrewsbury which I did as it needed its first mot. They agreed it was broken and needed replacing. Even though it was impossible to get back before the warranty expired the would only give me 20% off the bill and I would have to pay £1600 to have it replaced. Do u think this is fair?

Deah C

Deah Casked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017)

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 Highline TDI mk 7. It's immaculate inside and out, one owner, I can tell the car has been well loved and looked after. I've never had a euro car before, but am looking for something that is high tech, and economical. The golf seems to tick those boxes but I hear mixed reviews.. Can anyone shed some light on your experience with these cars?

Liam H.
Liam H.

I can only answer from my own experience of my Golf, purchased new in Sept 2015. It's done 107,000km and been serviced regularly (7 times). Has been a fantastic little car, fun to drive, economical yet nimble. That being said, much comes down to how it's looked after (clean oil, quality fuel, fresh air) all goes a long way to having the car serve a long, useful life - but my experience is a thumbs up and enjoy these cars!

Mr. Fix itasked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback 110TDI (2013-2017)

Has anyone had a remote control car key die and found any alternative to paying the $620 VW want for a new one please? My car is a 2016 Golf TDI, auto Mark 7
Thank you, John.

Meredith Gibson
Meredith Gibson

Good luck John. In my experience, VW are not helpful and are very expensive. My golf does not have a remote key but you would think they would have a battery that could be replaced as other remote devices do. Maybe that’s just another way VW makes more money.

Mr. Fix it

Thanks Meredith but I have changed the battery and it still doesn't work. Looks like it needs a new internal PCB.
Thanks anyway, regards John.