Volkswagen Golf

Volkswagen Golf (page 3 of 16)

Mk.5, Mk.6, Mk.7, Mk7.5

zknightSouth East Queensland, QLD

European car built for Europe

agsdevelop

agsdevelopGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best car i have owned yet!

Bought this car while ive been renovating a house for more transport capacity. Has been amazing and never missed a beat. I'm up to 200k kms and still going strong! Will be buying another soon.

Henry McKSydney, NSW

Car turned into a lemon overnight

Henry McK

It seems this is a common problem for Golfs of that era. You would think that VW Australia would do the right thing and compensate buyers of this model for what is quite clearly not worthy of the VW brand.

Smith

Smith

Love them, best car I have ever owned

I own the volkswagen golf r32 and it is an amazing car. I like that it came with leather seats as a standard accessory. My golf it spec'd up with sat nav, parking sensors, sun roof and Bluetooth. For me, I like the sound, performance and handling of this car. I'm not impressed with the newer golfs though.

Kevin Hu

Kevin HuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very unstable and problematic gearbox

We just use the car for a regular commuting to work and home. 8 years only 60K km. But the gearbox has been mulfunctioned for a few times. Recently got a very serious problem

GemmaGSydney, NSW

The TSI 1.4litre manual Golf 2010 brought brand new - complete engine failure in Feb 2019

GemmaG

Further to this: Under Australian consumer law any product, including vehicles are expected to last the reasonable life time for that type of product.

WeWantValue

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Donna P

Donna PNewcastle

My first VW Golf

I have been the owner of a golf comfortline since July and I must say it’s just a beautiful car. I have had a Mazda 3 and a Subaru Impreza in the past but the golf outdoes these 2 cars easily. The interior is a step up I feel from my past 2 cars although I have had manuals all my life so getting use to an automatic has been interesting. It drives lovely and super impressed with it.

Badge118TSI Comfortline
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Steffannie V

Steffannie VAU

Sporty quick and fun

Bought brand new, I have modified it freely and I truly love the performance of this car, added features leather seats sun roof premium sounds system all worth the extra I paid.
Bought in black is my only downfall it is hard to keep clean but otherwise this car has been a great investment tbh

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

MK6 GTi, the perfect little hatch

Date PurchasedApr 2018
markvb77

markvb77AU

A quality car in almost every way

Badge103TSI Highline
Date PurchasedSep 2016
Miggy.o

Miggy.o

Wish i bought a Toyota

I use my gti mk7 as a everyday car with modifications and iv been having issues not with my sport modifications but with simple yet expensive standard features such as corner light sensors and cruise control systems. The car just doesn't feel like a high end car after 1 yr. Feels like a old abused car although i take care of it and get it serviced. Wish i had bought a Toyota.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Jace Hall

Jace HallSydney

Great car !

Very impressed and this is such a great car to drive around especially the long trips I usually take! I was a little unsure with getting VW but was defiantly worth it !! Would purchase this car again if i had to. such an awesome little car to get around.

Badge103TDI Comfortline
Date PurchasedJan 2014

C.lee

C.leePerth

Great car but needs better QC

MK7 GTI owner, best hatchrocket ever driven, slick design and beautiful interior. However, continuously rattling keep bothers me so now I'm switch to a higher level brand than VW, the engine mount needed strengthen, it vibrates in an abnormal way under hard acceleration which is what this car designed for.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

My first German vehicle and I’m VERY impressed

BadgeTrendline
Date PurchasedJul 2018
Leo Podwaldien

Leo PodwaldienCanberra

Grrrreat!

Upgraded from a 2016 Polo GTI to the Grid edition of the R (alacantra seats, analog dash) and I am very impressed. Much more space than the Polo, especially in the boot, and a real pleasure to drive. Very good performance yet can be tamed to be a comfortable commuter. I also got the driver assist pack and the sunroof, which both enhance the driving experience greatly. Only 1500 kms on the clock, so just broken in, but so far so good!

BadgeR
Date PurchasedSep 2018
Sarah Aitken

Sarah Aitken

LOVE my Golf!!

I have had my Golf for about six months now and I love it! Its attractive, drives beautifully, and is super comfortable. I had originally driven a work GTi but could only afford the base TSI for my personal purchase, but I haven't been disappointed. It lacks a bit of a the grunt of the GTi, but for someone like me who is mostly doing the commute in traffic, that doesn't matter at all.

The CarPlay can be a bit buggy, but I'm hoping this will fix with a future Apple iOS update down the track.

Can recommend the Golf!

Badge110 TSI
Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Karen B.

Karen B.asked

Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)

I purchased my Golf SE mk7 over 2 years ago. The infotainment system stopped working 29th June2020 my warranty ran out on 4th July, problem was I was in lock down in Spain due to Corona virus and could not get a ferry crossing until 15th July. I called Volswagon in Vera Spain and earliest appointment was 10th July. They did the second service, 18000 miles on clock and investigated infotainment system. Paid 93 euros for service and was given a quote for 1,985 euros to replace the broken system as it was over the warranty. I called the volkswagen dealer where I bought the car they said to take it to my local dealer in Shrewsbury which I did as it needed its first mot. They agreed it was broken and needed replacing. Even though it was impossible to get back before the warranty expired the would only give me 20% off the bill and I would have to pay £1600 to have it replaced. Do u think this is fair?

George

Georgeasked

Golf Mk.5 (2004-2010)

2007 got sport TDI VW golf 2ltre turbo.
What does it mean when engine light comes on, than coil light flashes and exhaust light comes on???
Also since then my turbo stopped working

Deah C

Deah Casked

Golf Mk.7 Hatchback (2013-2017)

Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 Highline TDI mk 7. It's immaculate inside and out, one owner, I can tell the car has been well loved and looked after. I've never had a euro car before, but am looking for something that is high tech, and economical. The golf seems to tick those boxes but I hear mixed reviews.. Can anyone shed some light on your experience with these cars?

Liam H.
Liam H.

I can only answer from my own experience of my Golf, purchased new in Sept 2015. It's done 107,000km and been serviced regularly (7 times). Has been a fantastic little car, fun to drive, economical yet nimble. That being said, much comes down to how it's looked after (clean oil, quality fuel, fresh air) all goes a long way to having the car serve a long, useful life - but my experience is a thumbs up and enjoy these cars!