4Volkswagen Jetta 1KM
Part of Volkswagen Jetta 3.9

Volkswagen Jetta 1KM (2006-2011)

4Volkswagen Jetta 1KM

Features

Ted
Ted31 posts
  1KM

Sad they’re no longer around

Couldn’t fault the 2009 Jetta TDI I owned, great run around and good for long distance too. In the time I owned it, I had completed around 70,000km and not a single thing needed replacing (except for tires). I also the previous Jetta, VW Bora v5, clocked up over 240,000km and the only problem was the sunroof starting to leak around 230k km, easy fix though. One of my favourite cars i owned and I still miss it. Highly recommend. I’ve also heard they’re one of the most reliable Volkswagens around. Show details
Design
Performance
Siren
SirenNorthern Region, NSW2 posts

Is a good car 10/10

Is my partners daily drive, he loves it. Costs the same to fill as my car & he gets more kms. Gets serviced twice a year. It gets driven over mountain ranges regularly & never misses a beat. Show details
Ian D.
Ian D.Perth, WA3 posts
Overall
Performance
Design
C.A.
C.A.Melbourne5 posts

I love this car

I purchased my 2008 VW Jetta three years ago second hand. Even though it is a little bit older than most Jettas you see on the road, it is the best car I've ever owned. Handles really well, has leather seats, seat warmers, skylight, etc. Feels like a luxury car, and is very elegant. Not too expensive to run either.

Jat
JatNewcastle16 posts
S Sathiy
S SathiySydney12 posts

Best Car

Not a single problem for the past 10 years. Lovely car to drive. Looks like a sedan but drives like a sports car. We have the 2.0 Turbo. Drinks a bit of oil. You need to check oil level every 1,000 - 2,000 km. Looking to replace it with a VW Passat.

shopperjill
shopperjillNorth Queensland, QLD15 posts
fan
fanPerth, WA10 posts

reliable car

its good to drive but not so quite as inside , fuel is efficient about 8.2 98 petrol per 100 kms

service regularly will keep 15000 for each circle, i changed the timing belt and stuff cost me 1000 which are a lot to this level of cars

good for first car

Mcmarte
McmarteMelbourne5 posts
  1KM

Standard feature were beyond my expectations

The jetty having a solid 2L engine and having the extras and huge jump in luxury... However the vehicle it self had me in awe. The options, seat warmers, auto climate control along with climate control too. Best car I've had. Overall speed' drive ability... And laziness features makes the overall choice easier at such a beautiful vehicle. Ju

Just a bigger golf gti

Verified 1KM
nww1969
nww1969Sydney Surrounds, NSW28 posts
  Verified 1KM

Great car but buying secondhand do your homework

Personally would not buy a used DSG unless you know the mechtronics unit in gearbox has been changed even in earlier models, even in the wet clutch model. These are a time bomb waiting to happen.

You also have to factor in very high service costs which counteracts any diesel savings so it will cost you heaps

which ever way you look at it.

Really gets down to do you want a cheap diesel and if so go get a Hyundai diesel passenger car or want something

with more comfort and safety and better driving which will be a European car.

Would I buy another new VW... No, customer service suxs, ask any VW owner.

BanjoPaterson
BanjoPatersonForrest 2603, ACT114 posts
Roz
RozWestern Australia3 posts

Waste of money

Are you looking to purchase a well made European vehicle? Don't buy a VW! I bought mine second hand (just 2 years old) and have had nothing but trouble with it. It lags, shudders and generally poor quality. I've had the mechatronics replaced twice, the water pump bearing and now the clutch kit needs replacing for the second time. VW refuses to assist with cost because of the age of the vehicle. Just 6 years old! even though I've had the issue since I bought it with vw unable to diagnose what was wrong til now. Over $1000 to replace. Yet they continue to use a compound known to wear, even in the New models. There are a number of reliable makes on the market. VW is not one of them. Do your research.

Elaine
Elaine · Jetta 1KM (2006-2011)

I am interested in the VW Jetta Can you tell me why they have been discontinued?
Elaine

Will55
Will55
Brigid M
Brigid M · Jetta 1KM (2006-2011)

My 2010 Jetta electric door locking went on the fritz over a year ago. The problem keeps changing. Originally couldn't unlock driver side passenger door with keyless entry, but worked with key in driver door. Then the keyless locking stopped working (leading to a "break in" and theft from the car). I only discovered this when the police attended the theft. Using the key in the door lock worked to get around this, it seemed. But then more recently discovered that the front passenger door generally won't lock, whether using keyless or key. VW quoted and excessive price to fix this but I understand there may be third party repairs that are much cheaper. Is anyone aware of this problem and how to get it fixed without handing over thousands to VW??

Wedgie
Wedgie

I suggest that you find a reputable Auto Electrician, who should be able to resolve the problem with your Jetta for less expense than a VW dealer.

Annoyed