Volkswagen Multivan T5.I

Volkswagen Multivan T5.I (2004-2010)

Nic

NicSydney

Never again !

BadgeComfortline
    Engine Size2.0L Turbo
    Date PurchasedJan 2011

Not happy

Bought a 2006 high line in 2009, last week the driver side sliding door came off the track, we had to cut the electric cable in order to get the door back into the track, further more the DGS gear box decided to pack it in. VW quoted $6k to replace the gear box with a second hand one!. I gave a rating of 3- whilst we are experiencing these mechanical issues after 10 years the van had been terrific prior. We test drove many other people movers however will be leasing a new "baseline" multivan comfortline (without the electric sliding doors) this time rather than buying it out right.

BadgeHighline
    Engine Size2.0L Turbo
    Date PurchasedJun 2009

Most expensive Bomb I've ever owned!

Vans

Find out how Volkswagen Multivan T5.I compares to other Vans

caazisydney

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

albert
    albert

interesting what you say. I had a caravelle, no one cared at volkswagon, 150,000 ks on the clock, spent $8,000 on repairs, maintained and serviced regularly. sold it for $5,500. Beautiful looking car but what a dissapointment!!

caazi

a very common story from what i have heard. but vw do not care.

Transmission Stuffed from the very beginning - NO HELP from VW Australia

Stew80

Stew80AU

If you don't have plenty of money don't buy one

Transmission6 speed DSG
    TransmissionDual-Clutch

DJBAU

Rainy Monday
    Rainy Monday

These is a variable intermittment option. You flick the wipe function, then switch to intermittment at the interval you want, and it will remember this time setting until you change it again. Check you owners manual. :)

walkinsteadAU

Not Happy

I have 2006 2.5TDI Auto- few transmission problems in first three years as would not accelerate and I had to turn engine off and then back on to reset the computer. Now 6 years later and only travelled 84,000kms my transmission died and needs replacing. With no towing nor carrying heavy loads I expected it to last longer than this... Now costing $8000 to replace with new reconditioned transmission as they don't replace with new transmissions as they can't get these in Australia.
    safe and can see traffic ahead, great fuel economy and heaps of room,
    side pillar blind spot, would be better with reversing camera, servicing should be capped, oil and parts very expensive, glare on radio, don't hold value

TransmissionAuto- DSG
    TransmissionDual-Clutch
    Mark97
    Mark97

Hi we have a 2007 muiltvan and done around 110, 000kms
    and our gear box has gone and VW repairers recond it will cost $7400 and they will replace it with a new one, who do i believe?

stevie gee
    stevie gee

Great vehicle

Had the Highline for 4 years. Very few problems with it. Use it for towing a big covered trailer with motorbikes in it - does a great job. The 4motion is highly recommended. Handles really slippery conditions really well.

Fitted a dual battery system and can fit a large fridge/freezer in the boot with leg room still for all passengers.
    Reliable and it drives at its advertised fuel consumption when driven normally. Very comfortable to travel in.
    Reverse is a bit high geared. GPS has out-of-date maps, limited maps and expensive to update (if you want to bother with it).

TransmissionManual

Engine Size3.2L

orange10
    orange10

Terrible

It has been very good until the auto transmission broke. This lack of reliability means I will not buy a VW again.
    Lots of space and very comfortable, even for 7 adults. Good touring car as well.
    Gearbox issues developed one year after the warranty expired, and only 68,000 klms have been travelled. I am the first owner and it has been serviced according to the factory requirement. VW say the whole auto transmission needs to be replaced but will only contribute 40%. Quoted cost to me is $7,000.

Jc17
    Jc17

Why are u footed with a fixing cost when it should be under warranty?

walkinstead

My auto transmission died at 84000kms and only 6 years old -no tow bar. Car still off road now 3 weeks and waiting for parts to replace transmission with recondition one as they do not put in new transmissions and costing me $8000.

rusty07