24Volkswagen Passat

adi
adicranbourne north7 posts
  B8 MK7 Sedan 132TSI

Complete family car

This generation of Passat is a great car to drive. The steering has great feel and the car is still very comfortable to travel in. It has enough power to overtake on any type of road. my car is consuming around 7 litres per 100 after 10,000kms. The car requires premium fuel so add that to the running costs.

Overall its a very quiet car that can take in 5 people comfortably.

Josh C.
Noise Level
Steve H
Steve HMid North Coast, NSW20 posts

Jekyll and Hyde

1200km+ on average per tank of diesel. Comfort and handling great. Noise quiet but do not use run flat or puncture-proof tyres...they are extremely noisy. Like all VWs the "sword of damacles" lies in the expensive repairs ie $4,000 DSG6 transmission/gearbox replacement, lousy dealer and service, expensive parts and servicing, company denial of faults.

Kelvin
KelvinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Spacious and frugal

My first VW that didn't disappoint me. With a solid build and comfort driving, it is also an extremely frugal car to drive with an average of 800km per tank. It comfortably sits 5 grown adults and the boot space is just so spacious- probably one of the most spacious amongst the German made cars.

The only downside that I have is during take off where by you will need to step on the pedal tamely otherwise it will be having multi jolts before smoothen out.

Hasie
HasieGold coast2 posts

Trouble free motoring

A comfortable saloon. Easy handling and good fuel economy. Interior controls are well organised and comfortable when driving, After all these years NO problems and never let me down. Maintenance cost are reasonably within the budget. serviceing dealers are within easy reach . Servicing costs are within budget. Satified owner and driver.

Paboo
PabooSydney6 posts
  Verified B8 MK7 Sedan 132TSI

Good Car

Smooth driving car that is fuel efficient and quiet. The dashboard is set out well and easy to use. The car has been reliable so far and looks stylish. The main problems with the car is that there is an intermittent vibration/rattle within the dash on the drivers side. I have yet to take the vehicle for its first service that is due in about six months time so I will have this checked out. The automatic cut out for the engine whilst the car is stationary can be a nuisance as you have to manually deactivate it every time you turn the car on. The car handles very well and has a large boot as well which is perfect as a family car.

Matt_Perth
Matt_PerthAU3 posts
  B8 MK7 Sedan 132TSI Comfortline

Great technology!

Passat 132Tsi, R-line and with the luxury pack: very well equipped vehicle, that is truly up there with the Mercedes C200, the BMW 320 and the Audi A4, at much less a price. The finish is outstanding, the drive exciting, and the technology top notch - ACC and lane departure in particular makes the vehicle semi-autonomous, and the all round sensors and anti collision systems have already saved me from reversing into traffic. The active instrument display is the future right now, and the interior beats at least one of the above, much more expensive vehicles. This is my 8th VW, and each has demonstrated improved innovation and safety features, and been extremely reliable

Pred
PredPerth12 posts
  B8 MK7 Sedan 140TDI Highline
Mikee Lions
Mikee LionsAU5 posts
  B7 MK6

So economical and a pleasure to drive

So happy with the car. It's a pleasure to drive. I am getting 5.5/100 fuel economy which is awesome on my trips. Quality of build is first rate. Well appointed. Generous boot space. Really sleek lines which is a real head turner. Handles well and for a small diesel motor it has plenty of go. Just love driving this car!!

wade
wade
  B7 MK6

Excellent car, cheap price but lux experience

I got my 118 tsi passat 2 year ago!

Love the engine and DSG!!!

Powerful but fuel saving.

only 7.5-8.5 L per100 KM petrol!

One tank can run for 850-1000 km!

All leather seats and gps, camera , sensor all standard feature even for the lowest model (118tsi) in its range.

Really handy! I hate pay extra money for those feature which is standard overseas but cost 30% of the car cost only in AUS!!!

Smith Carter
Smith Carter5 posts
  B8 MK7

Stunning and Elegant Sedan Ever Built

Volkswagen Passat is the most stunning and elegant ever built because it gives a pleasuring drive plus comfort and safety for the driver to drive this beautifully built Sedan. Volkswagen Passat is far more better than the Jaguar XF, BMW 5 Series, Mercedes E Class and Honda Accord because of its price tag.

Scotty
ScottyCanberra 2600, ACT7 posts
  B6 MK6

Excellent all round vehicle with maximum safety and reliability

Owned a 2010 2.0 125TDI Highline Wagon since new and have now done 90,000km.

Couldn't speak highly enough of it.

Ultra reliable, very strong engine, super smooth auto DSG gearbox.

Not one single breakdown or issue.

Super quiet on the road (Continental tyres)

Handles superbly, great power.

Very very economical; under 5.0 l/p 100 km hwy and 7 - 8 l / p100 around town.

If buying, just ensure good service history.

I've helped two friends find excellent used examples and they have both proven to be excellent used cars fro 15 - 20 k

Simon
mr dalforno
mr dalfornomelbourne13 posts
  B8 MK7 Wagon 140TDI Highline

does everything and more

we had been looking to replace our old renault laguna wagon with a similar workhorse. we tried everything from the c250 merc estate, the jaguar my16, the bmw wagon etc. they all had style, but failed on a few key features. the last car before committing our hard earned dollar just happened to be the passat highline wagon. we purchased last week and have found that the vehicle does more than what we expected. i will continue to submit my review as we discover the features both negative and positive.

Show details ·  3

April C
April C
K Harvey
K HarveyLeda7 posts
  Passat

Good mileage

I kept the car serviced and got good distance out of a tank of diesel. The car also ran smoothly even at idle. I got 650-750ks out of a 40L tank for city driving and 850-900ks for country driving. It was an older model, 1989 I think, but it was really reliable. So if my old model has anything to go by the new models must be great too.

CanberraNat
CanberraNatAU5 posts

3.2V6 4-Motion. Best wagon I have ever owned - brilliant

After many many wagons including 4 BMWs (that in the main were problematic & under-powered) I decided to give the VW Passat V6 a try. What a car! Powerful, superb handling, very well appointed & comfortable. 6 spd DSG is faultless & I have had ZERO issues. Just a brilliant piece of German engineering. It's a shame the 3.2 V6 has been discontinued as it is a great engine. When I next change cars I will certainly be looking to get a VW again.

Chris

Kasper KulakMELBOURNE2 posts
HAPPY DRIVER
HAPPY DRIVER

Volkswagen Passsat TDI 2007

Great family car. Reliable,fuel efficient,solid on the road easy and cheap to maintain .It is a luxury car with all the prestigious trimmings. I would have to Question people that speak badly about this car. Are they sales people for other brands?. If money is tight for use your local garage, there is nothing technical about these cars.6.6l/100klms and 4.8l/100klms on highway. Hand brake switch is only $90 from main dealer and a DIY job. Sold ours recently with 245,000klms on clock from new, trouble free. bought new model. Take care of your car and it will take care of you.
Fuel,Reliable,Comfort,Cheap and easy maintain.Value for money
Under estimated Show details ·  1
Western Australia
Western Australia
newkindofsoup
newkindofsoupBathurst

Brilliant Buy

I have owned this car for nearly two years and it has not missed a beat. I have the diesel wagon which has outstanding fuel economy and terrific acceleration both from a standing start and in overtaking situations. It is a refined and quiet vehicle that is a pleasure to drive over long distances.
Fuel efficiency, comfort, legroom
Arnold Marsupial
Arnold MarsupialNSW, 24788 posts
  Selected Review B6 MK6
surferret
surferret

I am currently have a nightmare/bungle/slimy purchase experience with Tweed Heads VW and when I eventually get my car I am very reluctant to take it to them or lismore for service. Can you tell me who is the expert in Capalaba.

GTurner
GTurner

OK

TDI Model - It is a good car but the turbo lag is dangerous. Make sure you have a good test drive and really suss out this issue.
Great fuel economy
1.Turbo Lag - Its a real problem and VW service don't like hearing about it - Put your foot down and wait 2-3 seconds for a response it not good enough these days2. Turning Indicator is on the wrong (European) side3. Speed indicator is red on a black backgroud so if our one of the 20% of males that has some red colourblindness, it is impossible to read most of the time. Show details
Paul13
Paul13

What issue..as I have had mine for three years and don't understand what your talking about

stepback68
stepback683 posts
trippingbyday
trippingbydayAU4 posts
DrJurd
DrJurd2 posts
  B6 MK6

I have been a big aussie 6 man for ever, we bought the 2.0 lt turbo wagon with leather and sunroof. We did a trip from Sydney to the Gold Coast recently with 2 adults, 2 kids and roof box full of gear and returned 7.4ltres per 100k's. There's heaps of power and it's got everything that opens and shuts and a 5star safety rating. So impressed I just bought the V6 4motion (all wheel drive) sedan for myself. Goodbye Holden and Ford we've had a great 20years but our time has come.
Just bought my second one
2.0 Litre Turbo Petrol can use some oil Show details

Silverman
Silverman4 posts
  B6 MK6

I have 2006 2.0 Litre Turbo with leather trim. I have traveled 40,000 km and I had no dramas with the car. The 2.0 litre turbo has good acceleration and is economical to run. The wagon has lots of room for 5 people and luggage. I am very pleased with the car.
Pleasant to drive and very practical.
A little front wheel tug under acceleration. Show details
hillbilly456
hillbilly456AU30 posts

Passat TDI Wagon

A beautiful car. Mine has Adaptive Cruise, Front assist , Lane assist, Park 2, The drive package, Xenon swiveling lights. Bluemotion stop start, Electric memory seats, Auto electric tailgate.

And a bloody awful satnav that's still over a year out of date even with the latest upgrade.
Very economical getting under 6L per 100Km
Bloody awful Satnav that's still over a year out of date even with the latest upgrade. Show details

Kwaka
KwakaQld, 400054 posts
  B6 MK6

Very economical for mid sized wagon

Purchased car second hand 12 months ago and have been very happy with build quality, economy and power. Ride and creature comforts are good.

Overall very practical wagon and much more economical and safer than a 4x4.
Great economy, quality workmanship, very safe feeling when driving
Use of electronics where not needed, i.e electric handbrake switch often malfunctions and locks brakes on. This apparently is a common problem. Dealer service costs are overpriced Show details ·  2

Baci