Volkswagen Polo MK5.I 6R

Volkswagen Polo MK5.I 6R (2010-2014) (page 2 of 2)

• Acceleration / Power
  • Comfort
Mick

MickVictoria

polo 77tsi poorly made car

Bought new in 2012, shortly after purchasing problems started with sensors then it was the gearbox clutch needed to be replaced, centre console became lose, power window issues, rattle in dashboard, car would go into limp mode without warning, car would also switch off at idle without warning. The only thing good about this car is the fuel efficiency and it looks alright my advice would be to avoid.
Interior, looks and fuel efficient.
Most things.

Sylvie

SylvieSydney

Polo...a never ending problem

Love the car, the look, the drive. However, only two years old and it has had turbo problems which caused the engine to cut out (go into limp-home-mode), a time-chain replacement, excessive engine rattle that is unresolved. VW Service is a shocker. And on top of all this, my car is due for recall.
Fuel efficient, small size, look of the car
Turbo causes engine cut outs, time-chain, loud engine rattle, unreliability

langeadelaide sa

My VW polo gti is a lemon

11 months of ownership, 5 trips to the service shop for repairs, including long motor replacement.
It sure drives great, but what's the point if it breaks. Looking to get rid of it already. This vehicle puts me off vw permanently. I'm afraid their strategy's become quantity at the expense of quality
Performance, fule economy, looks
Reliability

BadgeGTI
Engine Size1.4L Turbo Petrol
Gr Holl

I got rid of mine after 12 months and despite the financial loss I think it was the right thing to do. I bought a Hyundai I 20 and happy with it.

Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson

Why do VW's get excellent reviews from the motoring journalists and yet there are reports of reliability issues from owners ?

lange

VW is aiming at being No 1 by 2018, I was told. So obviously they have to increase sales. It the case of quality being sacrificed for quantity. Something's gotta give.

Hatchbacks

Robi
Robi
Review oz

Review oz

Constant reliability issues. Always in the garage. Broken from day one.

2012 Polo GTI is a lemon

a great little polo

Vw1234

Vw1234MELBOURNE

Vw polo 77 tsi

We have had the car for just over a year now and are still amazed at the fit and finish, the power and torque from the turbo engine and how fuel efficient it is. It is definitely more refined than any other car in its class. Friend has a ford fiesta and has regretted buying it after seeing the polo. The ford isn't in the same league as the vw for class and refinement and it costs more money. No wonder it won world and wheels car of the year!!
Refinement, quality, power and torque in a small car package

Hatchbacks

Find out how Volkswagen Polo MK5.I 6R compares to other Hatchbacks

hillbilly456AU

Polo 77TSI

Is a great little car. Bought as the shopping basket but have done a 1000km return trip in it without discomfort.

Travelling at 100kph+ at times we still got 5.1L per 100km which is pretty impressive I thought.

Has a much more refined (or bland if you like ) interior than the equiv Asian models which we though were garish and confusing dashboards.

As retirees we are more than happy to pay a little more and have a nice little car that we feel is stylish and reliable.
Looks Economy Ease of Parking

Polo 77TSI

Great Medium Size Car. Easy to drive and park.
Front Seats can be adjusted for height.
Good sound system.
Fuel Efficient. Its an year old and gives me 6L/100km on average.
Very stable at faster speeds > 100
Reaaaal Slow pickup on the uphill
I didn't know few or all VW cars have ONLY one reversing light.
Reliable, Good Mileage, Fuel Efficient
Expensive, Noisy at times

hillbilly456

Most cars only have one reversing light Other side is a Park light for use in Europe Put foot lightly on brake for additional light when reversing.

Vern

Vernasked

2010 polo
Had problems with dash cluster not working and wouldn’t start ,
Checked the fuses and started working again,
Now clock and fuel gauge not updating.
What could be the issue?

Lindzasked

Hi, I'm looking at a 2013 polo gti
It has 143,000 on the clock should that matter? services are all up to date With history

ChrisD

The best thing to do is to take it into a workshop for a pre-purchase inspection; most mechanics or workshops can do these. They will be able to get a good idea on the engine's health and the overall car. It has saved me from buying the wrong car a few times (Even cars I thought were perfect). Kms are a good gauge on the health of the car, but if it's been modified or driven very hard it can wear an engine out a lot quicker, especially with turbo charged cars.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for your reply!
how do I go about asking the selling about getting one of these done before buying it?

No problem!

The easiest way is to get in contact with a mechanic in your area that does pre-purchase inspections and check availability. Then ask if the seller would be able to drop the car in for a pre-purchase inspection at a time that suits them. Then you can pay the workshop direct. I've even had sellers let me take it down to a workshop myself when they didn't have time. I did leave them with a deposit and my details though. If the seller is confident in their car, they shouldn't have any issue with you wanting to get it checked out :)

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives