Volkswagen Polo

Volkswagen Polo (page 2 of 5)

MK5.II 6R, MK5.I 6R, MK4 9N, AW

• Features
  • Comfort
jme

jme

little car that is a pleasure to drive

although it may look small on the outside, the inside is quite spacious for a person that is 6ft. it is really good on petrol, only 6L/100km which saves me alot of money in the long run. it handles really well in all conditions, even off road. the inside is very luxurious and feels alot more expensiv than it really is. the speaker system works better than most other cars i have been in.

Engine Size1.4L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedMay 2010
Lindsay5710

Lindsay5710Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome small car!

Bought the POLO for my wife after HEAPS of research. The Polo came out tops so we took the plunge and bought new. Went for all options, Driver comfort package and very impressed. Love the once/year servicing ( every 10 months with the k's my wife does ). Fixed price servicing is good also. Very economical getting around 700 k's to the tank (around $40). One or two annoying rattles that should get sorted at next service. Now looking to upgrade to new model early this year.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Atara

AtaraSydney

Best car on the market and fuel efficient

This car is so smooth and quiet while driving.
I love how great the acceleration and breaks work with ease. It is no noisy at all and you barely hear the engine on.

The car is perfect size for city living and easy to park.

It fits a car seat comfortably and fits a small family. However would not suit ab obese family as space is quit small.

Engine Size1.4L Petrol
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Chrissy

ChrissyMelbourne

Zippy car

Very good and responsive car. Used to drive a honda civic and this car has changed my driving experience. Great engine for the size of the car.
Could do with better speakers. You'll need to pump at least unleaded 95 but I find a full tank usually lasts me for 2 weeks and I drive around ~650km for work.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
RJames

RJamesMelbourne

Perfect city car

Excellent excellent excellent! After months of research I purchased this. The look and feel is top notch given the price range. Android auto works great for those long drives. The sports mode on the car is exceptional. Howver the best is the fuel usage..a full tank covers around 700 km

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kasey

Kasey

Great car to drive

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Rebecca

RebeccaGold Coast

Great little car

I purchased my polo in January this year and it has been a great little car so far, very small engine but when the turbo kicks in has more than enough power. Have had one fault with the A/C but once fixed under warranty hasn't been fine. It has the new Apple car play connectivity which I love, modern interior and super fuel efficient $59 to fill and I'm getting 2 weeks from a tank, very economical. One negative is the stop start engine feature, I turn this off every time I get in the car but that is just a personal preference. Overall very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great to drive. An absolute pain to own.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
davros
davros
Ming

MingBrisbane

Not bad ~

The driving experience was very good the interior is not bad, but couple of months later the car engine start to have a really really loud sound when going down the hill. I thought it is normal and didn't really pay attention. UNTIL one day i realized my garage had a full leakage of my coolant. I went and get my car serviced and my radiator was broken. i was told that i am just very unlucky and it cost be a fortune to get it fixed. other than that the car is very cost effective to fun.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Shell

ShellCairns

The BEST car

My Polo is my baby! It’s such a beautiful car to drive, really good fuel economy, the turbo is always fun - surprisingly quiet too. I just love my polo! There isn’t anything I don’t like about it. The interior is lovely, all the centre console is slight angled towards the driver which is cool. Plenty of boot space & enough long room in the back! I don’t think I’ll even get another brand of vehicle ever!

Badge77TSI Comfortline

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jaysun

JaysunSydney

Great zippy car

I purchased this car as my daily as I didn't want to many km on the car i use for work

Servicing is a tad high, but that is the price of going European. Even though it looks small on the outside it is roomy which is pleasing. I got both upgrade options on the Polo GTI

it is zippy & easy to drive, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Saz_26

Saz_26Sydney, NSW

Love it

Had this car for 2 years now. Not cheap on servicing but so worth it. Amazing fun to drive and never had an issue. Definitely recommend. Didn't bother with the extras like reverse cameras and do not think they are needed. Still not sold on the ugly pattern on the seats though. Wish I could have got standard black.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mia U.

Mia U.

Love it!

Bought this second hand car a year ago and its still drives like a dream! It's a 2012 VW Polo TDI with the sports package and comfort package with panoramic sunroof. People mistake it as a Golf all the time... AND YES DIESEL! It has not failed me at all, even after the emission recall. Its zippy, practical and comfortable for city driving. Cannot fit five adults though - very crammed! Other than that, I am going to be keeping the car for a long while :)

Badge66TDI Comfortline
Engine Size1.6L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedSep 2016

Lois

Lois

Love my car

I bought this car with the driver assist package and it is awesome. It practically drives itself. It is quiet, zippy and comfortable to drive. Head rests could be improved. They are not particularly comfortable. It is very reliable and cheap to run. Also they use fancy oil so you only have to have one service a year. All the modern features make driving a pleasure. The only problem is it does not have a GPS, due to an incompatibility with the sound system.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Shirely Sze

Shirely SzeBrisbane

Good small car

bought this car one year ago everything been great but the radiator breakdown after 6 months driving it. The service guy said that a small rock has hit the radiator and the overheated the car. They said this is very rare that will happen and i am just unlucky that it happened on a brand new car. I also found that when i go down hill the engine creates a really loud sound. Other than that the small car been great and it is great on fuel cost. I use approx $50/week - runs at 500km.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jessie

JessieMelbourne

It's perfect for me

As a young adult on my P's having a Volkswagen Polo makes me feel very safe and secure. It uses very little petrol. Around $50 can last more than a week and its service fees are also very cheap (only once a year). I believe that is also has a very strong engine, it can reach the speed you'd like to go at a very quick rate of time.

Doors3

Date PurchasedOct 2016
MLZA

MLZASydney

Fantastic small car

I've got the Polo Trendline 66TSI 1.2L and it's super easy to drive, very fuel efficient and I love the features- such as plug in USB for music, ignition switch off at traffic lights, hooks for shopping bags.
It's a bit small though if you have got kids and need to lug around strollers/scooters/bikes and the like.
It's a pretty responsive and powerful car given its only 1.2L and it goes up hills beautifully.

BadgeTrendline
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Judi W.

Judi W.asked

Polo

Hi I have a 2010 TDI and recently when I start the car the clock has been going back to zero, so has the KM readings and also today the cruise control ha stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Your suggestions greatly appreciated.

Nugget

No idea on what would cause that. But if it was my car I would take it to a VW service centre.

Janet W.

Janet W.asked

Polo

My niece bought a VW Polo in 2015 and had issues with the AC during the warranty period. Its now out of warranty and the service centre is now admitting to the problem (after having it back to them several times this year to fix AC) being a major one. We would be very interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues as we think VW should be responsible for this repair.
Janet

Nugget

It sounds as if it's a Warranty matter. If the AC problem occurred during the Warranty period, was brought to the dealers attention at the time, and was not then fixed I think it remains a Warranty issue. That arguement is strengthened if the dealer now concedes that the problem is the one they were told about under Warranty.

David

Davidasked

Polo

Are the polo diesel 2012 dpf?

Fired Up