Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 103TDI

Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 103TDI (2008-2012)

MrSkinner

MrSkinnerGold Coast

German engineering at its best!!

We use the Tigaun as a family car, it's very spacious and comfortable! Plenty of room for 5 people and our puppy, serviced every 10,000 kilometers. Mechanic said this is a very reliable and fuel efficiency is excellent! We love the turbo diesel and will definitely be purchasing a future model

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Angus SSydney, NSW

Great Car

Recently purchased a used 2008 TDi model for my son. Came with a near new tow bar and the full sun roof. A one owner well maintained car.
I am really impressed with this car. Good solid well build German engineering. Runs on the smell of an oily rag. Happy to recommend this as a great family car.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Angus S

in fact so good that we just got our daughter a 2012 TSI Pacific model with only 36,000kms and full leather interior.
A really nice car indeed.

NiL C

NiL CAU

Nice car

Can carry many goods when I need. has been driven the car over 6 years and never had a big problem. it is now 180km and as good as new., always do the job. i think the upgrade one is now even better and will consider to get a new one soon.

Date PurchasedDec 2009
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 103TDI compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Might run good for a while but when there is a problem, you're stuck!

Stick to Japanese eg. Toyota, mitsubishi, honda etc or Korean eg. Hyundai, Kia. If you buy a VW, when a problem occurs (and inevitably it will), parts and servicing are EXTREMELY expensive. It's a European car!! My Tiguan just died one day. Wouldn't start at all. Got stranded in the middle of the night. Nrma couldn't even tow it because it has an electronic handbrake so this had to be disengaged first. What a nightmare! An intermittent electrical fault is the issue. Way to hard a job for your local mechanic without the specialised diagnostic equipment. Off to the VW dealer. Several weeks and a few thousand dollars later and still no fix. VW Tiguans really are the motorists worst nightmare! Don't risk it. Stay away from VW like the plague.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Disgruntled VW Owner

Disgruntled VW OwnerAdelaide, South Australia

VW rubbish

First the diesel emissions debacle, then the air con packed it in, now have a coolant n oil leak on a car with less than 64k km on the clock.
My suggestion, stay away.
The old VY Commodore I had was a better more reliable drive n infinitely cheaper n easier to fix.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Adz

AdzFremantle

TDI is excellent.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Gazza

GazzaGippsland, VIC

Great car.

It's hard to believe I've had this car for 7 years. I'm about to click over 170,000.
Whilst there has been some expensive fixes ( main belt , and faulty aircon) , I have been quite happy with this diesel car.
My tow bar is handy , and the all wheel drive puts you totally at ease and in control . I'd buy another one,
Cheers.

Date PurchasedSep 2010
vwtiguan

vwtiguanbrisbane

Unreliable $40K car

I bought this VW Tiguan 2011, 103 TDI model. We were weighing between Subaru forester and VW Tiguan and I chose the obvious wrong one.
Pros: Stable car with no blind spots.
Cons: 1. interior rear cup holder broke in first year.
Air con malfunctioning in the 2nd year.
Was part of 2 recalls.
DSG broke down in 5 years time.
now faulty steering rack.
Lucky nothing ontowards happened to my family but I would not buy a Unreliable car for $40k next time. I hope you do not make the same mistake I did.

Date PurchasedMar 2011
NatnLuke

NatnLuke

Really love the car, but the engine design is seriously problematic!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

JJ41

JJ41Southwest, VIC

OK but another brand next time

Date PurchasedSep 2010
Michael P

Michael P

Top Tig 1

2011 Tiguan 103 TDI

TransmissionDSG

Pleasure to Drive but a worry

PeejayCaloundra

2009 Tiguan 103tdi

Peejay

OK except for electrical gremlins.

aj2251

aj2251Central Coast

When I drive, I often still think of how much I love this car!

ozmuth

ozmuthSouth East Queensland, QLD

The car runs well, as long as there is no repair service required.

Mike

MikeNewcastle

ECU Issues

Apart from a problem with the ECU which put the car into limp mode and it was off the road for two days, we have really liked the vehicle. Handles well, fuel usage is excellent, good pulling power (I tow a camper). Found selling dealer had less than good customer handling practices so gave them the flick.

Transmission can be tricky. Try driving up a steep driveway to connect to a trailer, tap the brake and then go back to the accelerator and it just rolls forward like its in neutral! Very tricky and dangerous!

VW-Never AgainLake Macquarie

I've sworn off VW for life after my Tiguan experience

BARRA
BARRA

transmisson &torbo oil leaks 2013 tiguan been @service depart over the part 14 months for 24 days

Great handling, no-fuss driving