6Volkswagen Tiguan 5N

Volkswagen Tiguan 5N (2008-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 2023 and Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 2025.
6Volkswagen Tiguan 5N

Verified Tiguan 5N
mayon
mayonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

Perfect for small family

After doing lot of research bought tiguan 118 tsi..it s perfect suv for small family with young kids,for every day use ..i m getting 8 l /100..
Good mileage in summer than winter . haven't had any problem yet . Show details
Yoyo
YoyoBrisbane7 posts
  Verified 5N Comfortline 132TSI

Excellent car

Love this car, come with any additional, safety we want, luxury comfort vehicle. Love the driving assistance, panorama sunroof, leather seats, keyless entry and engine start. The most important thing is auto drive, especially on the motorway, the car is driving itself, which is realisable. Love the shape and sporty look with 4 motion drive.

Steensmatt214
Steensmatt214Sydney3 posts
  5N Highline 140TDI

Perfect economical family car!!

We purchased the VW Tiguan Allspace 6 weeks ago brand new and couldn’t be happier!! It is the perfect size for our family and the extra seats have come in handy on numerous occasions. We purchased the 2.0L Turbo Diesel and it fuel efficiency is outstanding!! We use this car for our everyday driving to and from school drop off, work and kids after school activities. So plenty of short local trips done. Have also done a couple of long distance trips to test fuel consumption and couldn’t be happier!! Well done VW you have produced a reliable and economical family car.

Toasty
ToastyBlue mountains
  147TSI
MrSkinner
MrSkinnerSouth East Queensland, QLD15 posts
  Verified 103TDI

German engineering at its best!!

We use the Tigaun as a family car, it's very spacious and comfortable! Plenty of room for 5 people and our puppy, serviced every 10,000 kilometers. Mechanic said this is a very reliable and fuel efficiency is excellent! We love the turbo diesel and will definitely be purchasing a future model

Susan S
Susan SSouthbank7 posts
  132TSI

So much better and roomier than the previous generation

We love our Tiguan, it has all the benefits of the Golf but with a great ride hide and comfort. We had the previous Tiguan and found while good, it lacked the space to be a true family SUV. The current Tiguan is just perfect in so many ways, the size, power and features.

purplethings
purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC36 posts
Kitty M
Kitty MMelbourne4 posts

Lovely little car

LOVE this car so much! It's such a joy to drive and easy to navigate. There is plenty of space within the car without it being super bulky. It has great speed and great modifications. I am very tall so get very uncomfortable on long drives but the Tiguan is super comfy and added bonus that it looks super smart too. :)

Denis G
Denis GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts
  Verified 5N Comfortline 110TDI
Andy D.
Andy D.Kiama NSW2 posts
  Verified Tiguan 5N

Nice dry weather car

Front sensors and cruise control can cease to operate in light rain. Sales staff say they are unaware of the problem. Our car is early 2017 model and Management were saying at the time they were unaware of the problem, it's happened to us 5 times in 16 months and we know how dry it's been, now there saying refer to the Manual which says it can happen in extreme wet conditions, who reads the manual before they buy a car, and it can happen in any sort of wet conditions. VOLKSWAGON HAS IGNORED ALL OUR COMPLAINTS, AND NOW SAY THE CASE IS CLOSED.

Angus S
Angus SSydney, NSW18 posts

Great Car

Recently purchased a used 2008 TDi model for my son. Came with a near new tow bar and the full sun roof. A one owner well maintained car.

I am really impressed with this car. Good solid well build German engineering. Runs on the smell of an oily rag. Happy to recommend this as a great family car.

Show details ·  1

Raz
RazSydney2 posts

2012 VW Tiguan 132 TSI Pacific

I had this car since new and have nothing but praise did about 110K and was issue free and the engine was powerful and very smooth to drive and the quality was top notch, It has been in 3 hail storms on highway still not a mark...now thats what I call quality, Sadly had to sell it as we were after 7 seater and VW allspace didn't have enough room for our requirement.

miss our little tiguan.

JP roller
JP rollerGordon 2906, ACT9 posts
  Verified 5N Highline 140TDI

Tiguan R line

We’ve replaced our beloved Amarok with another veedub only because the Amarok didn’t have rear passenger airbags. We are actually glad we’ve made the swap because this model is leap and bounds from the previous model it replaced. The look first and foremost, looks mean and aggressive with its lines and bulges. The R line made this even a head turner with its 20in wheels and smoked lights. The extras we’ve got made this like an autonomous car, car assist and added safety features were most welcomed and works well. It’s definitely a solid build and the only gripe is because it’s so good, I see a lot of it on the road. Lastly, it drives like a petrol, meaning it’s quiet and the torque! It’s awesome.

Regular Joe
Regular JoeAU6 posts

Frugal featured monster

Love this car, economy is 7 or below on 95ion unleaded. Love the sunroof and digital dash. Can’t really fault this car, would of loved the LED updated headlights reserved for the top spec, but this is the base model with and Audi stable engine. Happy motoring guys and girls. Oh and kids love this car due to their own air con, table on the back of front seat chairs, and the seating height.

Rob
A Non.
A Non.AU19 posts
  5N Pacific 132TSI

Great car

The body is sturdy, it’s not a tin box like other cheaper SUVs. It has excellent pickup and responsive braking and steering.

My one criticism is the boot space. It’s barely enough to fit a large stroller. Add shopping to that and you are putting groceries all over your passenger seat and in the foot well. However, it’s a trade off I would take over having a big, slow, ugly SUV or people mover (eek!).

Alison
AlisonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA9 posts

2016 110 TSI Comfortline - Excellent

Great to drive, so far no mechanical issues. Servicing with VW at Mile End (SA) I thought would be a pain, as I wanted to do it closer to home, but in the end it was delivered on time & washed. I was happy :-). Reversing light (there's only 1, even though 2 "lights") is a bit of a pain, I thought one of the lights wasn't working! Sometimes the engine takes a while to kick in if you floor it. Fuel economy is great. GPS is excellent. terrific visibility. Love the sun roof. The lips on the front bucket seats are a bit annoying getting in and out. On the whole would buy another one

Brooke
Brooke
  130TDI

VW Tiguan.. great when working but a nightmare when not!

I bought my 2009 Tiguan 3 years ago.. and I have to agree with the others reviews...When a problem occurs (and inevitably it will), parts and servicing are EXTREMELY expensive. It’s a difficult job for your local mechanic without the specialised diagnostic equipment. Off to the VW dealer. Several weeks and a few thousand dollars later and The same type of issue ... different faults. VW Tiguans really are the motorists worst nightmare! Don't risk it. Stay away from this VW like the plague.

Bruce
BruceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts
Email kudi
Email kudiPERTH3 posts
  5N Comfortline 132TSI
NiL C
NiL CAU7 posts

Nice car

Can carry many goods when I need. has been driven the car over 6 years and never had a big problem. it is now 180km and as good as new., always do the job. i think the upgrade one is now even better and will consider to get a new one soon.

Miu
MiuCity5 posts

This is perfect

I bought it when my first child was born. I felt it was not a bad idea to do it with the option.

Different people have different standards, but with two car seats in the back, it's at least too small a chance.

The car itself is not bad, but if you're thinking about having children, you'd better think twice.

Ada7sh
Ada7shSydney7 posts
  Trendline 110TSI

penracer
penracerSydney, NSW37 posts
  Trendline 110TSI

Great car

Overall a great car. Drives well and feels luxurious. At first it felt a bit high off the ground but easily got used to this. Small turn circle when compared to the golf. Feels only slightly bigger than the golf as i feel the gap between the door and the seat is quite big.

Joe
JoeMelbourne15 posts
  155TSI

Medium budget high class vehicle

Overall good choice , strong vehicle, lot of room inside as you looking for medium size family car with full options.

Why you spending 20k for BMW , Audi or Mercedes ?

We choose black colour but white colour more looks good for Tiguan RLine

Best deal and price recommended dealer ship:

Tre
Tre5 posts
  5N Comfortline 110TDI

Good cae

Nice to sit in n spacious

Lots of safety aspects

Technology is good but lacks some things

Car is looking better n more modern

Still a bit behind bmw n Audi for feel

But good value for money overall

Storage space is really good

Good range of colours in range

Mary.
Mary.Adelaide3 posts

Love the Tiguan

Bought a 2015 model a month ago and it is an absolute pleasure to drive. I love it. Smooth and quiet, powerful yet economical. Its roomy inside but not an overly big car. i am apprehensive about the cloth trim on the door armrests - i think they will get grubby in time, but otherwise no complaints at all.

Harry
Harry2 posts
  5N Highline 140TDI
Bill K
Bill KAU6 posts
  118TSI

Base model 118 TSI has all we need

Just bought a S/H 2014 base model 118 TSI. With 50,000km, only the reverse camera option, this CUV seems to have been well looked after by previous owner! Easy to drive, plenty of power when needed and enough storage for what we need. Hopefully wont have to spend much more with capped servicing over next couple of years.

Nobody
NobodyPerth, WA11 posts
MEYSAM GHANBARI
MEYSAM GHANBARISydney9 posts

Excellent, Strong

I've had my car since 2012 and I bought it new. Gorgeous internally and externally. I love this car, it doesn't say no to whatever you want from it. Braking system works really well. At least in 3 different circumstances, the car stopped and saved perfectly millimetres away from the other car in front of me.

BlisterSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts
  5N Pacific 132TSI

Oil guzzler

I have a 2014 132TSI the first 12 months the car was great, arrange to get it serviced, everything has been great, after its first service 7 months and I'm getting warnings no oil, serviced again drive 5,000km and the engine has already used half of its oil, the oil is dark and dirty, again I contact VW am told the engine has run in and it's normal to use a lot of oil. They then tell me if I want it checked I have to pay $154 for an oil consumption test. This car is still under warranty. so I'm not to expect to get 12 months out of my engine oil. This is disgusting, will never buy another VW

Mimi
MimiSydney, NSW9 posts
  155TSI

Excellent quality and stylish! Very comfortable to drive

I love the design very stylish and comfortable to drive, fuel efficient. Just right size for a family. I have done 30,000Km and so far no issue and also the service cost is reasonable for a European car. Great value for the functions, style and brand value. It would be nice to have little better stereo system and iPhone interactive connection.

Sue-W-17
Sue-W-17SYDNEY25 posts

VW Tiguan 2014

40,000 km on the clock and so far, so good. Coming from (a lemon of) a Jeep Cherokee, this is a dream. Only thing missing is off-road capability. Fuel consumption is great, approx 700-800km/tank, service costs fixed price and reasonable, although more expensive from dealer than local mechanic. This SUV is a good size, comfortable and well finished.

Geeg
GeegPerth, WA20 posts
  118TSI

WATER PUMP FAILURE

VW TIGUAN. Loss of coolant symptom of water pump problems. Water pump failed at 45,000kms. VW considers this fair wear and tear. Not an unusual problem with VW product, it seems. Very expensive to replace. VW totally disinterested and very highhanded. VW insists only VW mechanic can accurately identify problem - all other certified mechanics cannot be relied upon for accurate diagnosis. Beware.

John
John
  103TDI

Might run good for a while but when there is a problem, you're stuck!

Stick to Japanese eg. Toyota, mitsubishi, honda etc or Korean eg. Hyundai, Kia. If you buy a VW, when a problem occurs (and inevitably it will), parts and servicing are EXTREMELY expensive. It's a European car!! My Tiguan just died one day. Wouldn't start at all. Got stranded in the middle of the night. Nrma couldn't even tow it because it has an electronic handbrake so this had to be disengaged first. What a nightmare! An intermittent electrical fault is the issue. Way to hard a job for your local mechanic without the specialised diagnostic equipment. Off to the VW dealer. Several weeks and a few thousand dollars later and still no fix. VW Tiguans really are the motorists worst nightmare! Don't risk it. Stay away from VW like the plague.

David Y.
David Y.melbourne3 posts
  5N Comfortline 132TSI

It is a perfect car!!

Tiguan is a great SUV suitable for a family or a couple. The engine is so powerful for urban road and also be good for a long trip. The high-tech in the car is so easy to use and pair with our mobile to play music or use navigation when I am driving or relaxing.